Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The biggest disgrace today was... 21:32 - Oct 16 with 4128 viewsFixed_It

...some of our supporters booing the players at full-time. Yes, we were disappointed but show some class FFS. I'm sure these people would have joined in with wild celebrations had we not conceded at the death. If anyone here joined in with the booing, you don't deserve anything other than disappointment.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The biggest disgrace today was... on 10:17 - Oct 17 with 951 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

The biggest disgrace today was... on 09:31 - Oct 17 by Parky

The same fans were joining in with “we support the Ipswich if we’re down or if we’re up” 10 minutes before.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 10:30]

And they did support, very noisily in my right ear for the entire match and all the way through to the final whistle where I assume they then booed. I say assume as I left on 88 to walk to the pub to avoid the queue.

Completely acceptable to boo after the whistle.
The biggest disgrace today was... on 10:19 - Oct 17 with 946 views3_5_2

The biggest disgrace today was... on 09:59 - Oct 17 by Funge

It bewilders me - the one thing that is absolutely right, absolutely buzzing, at the moment, is the support. God forbid we ever actually succeed at something - there will be 30k in PR, no doubt. The support is absolutely nuts.

Anyone under the age of 25 supporting this team has had a Tamas Priskin goal, and a couple of drunk Sunday lunches against the budgies to enjoy in their ITFC lifetime - that is literally it.

I feel for my 14 year old daughter, we enjoy our days out (home and away) but even yesterday she told me they were going to score. She has seen nothing but bang average or worse in her time. A crush on Wes Burns is the only thing keeping her going.

At least I have seen us win things and watched great teams and football but I wonder if this actually makes it worse, watching us struggle in the 3rd division is heart breaking.

If it wasn't for my daughter I could see me giving up my season ticket after 50 years of following the club, I am sick and tired of the BS

The fans are incredible, they deserve better.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

The biggest disgrace today was... on 10:29 - Oct 17 with 930 viewsParky

The biggest disgrace today was... on 10:17 - Oct 17 by BlueBlueBluex2

And they did support, very noisily in my right ear for the entire match and all the way through to the final whistle where I assume they then booed. I say assume as I left on 88 to walk to the pub to avoid the queue.

Completely acceptable to boo after the whistle.

We can agree to disagree and have different opinions, but singing and being noisy when we’re winning and then booing 5 minutes later when we’re drawing isn’t “supporting if we’re down or if we’re up”.
The biggest disgrace today was... on 10:35 - Oct 17 with 914 viewsBlue_Moses

The biggest disgrace today was... on 22:27 - Oct 16 by Fixed_It

I didn't see any 'coasting' today. That's just a lazy criticism.

Plenty of evidence on show yesterday
The biggest disgrace today was... on 10:43 - Oct 17 with 892 viewsBlue_Moses

The biggest disgrace today was... on 09:31 - Oct 17 by Parky

The same fans were joining in with “we support the Ipswich if we’re down or if we’re up” 10 minutes before.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 10:30]

Booing a disgraceful performance and result doesn't mean you don't support the club does it? They haven't suddenly become Norwich fans
The biggest disgrace today was... on 10:45 - Oct 17 with 882 viewsFunge

The biggest disgrace today was... on 10:29 - Oct 17 by Parky

We can agree to disagree and have different opinions, but singing and being noisy when we’re winning and then booing 5 minutes later when we’re drawing isn’t “supporting if we’re down or if we’re up”.

In other news, we might not be 'the finest football team the world has ever seen'.
The biggest disgrace today was... on 12:10 - Oct 17 with 833 viewsFBI

The biggest disgrace today was... on 21:37 - Oct 16 by Burns7

How is this season the supports fault? We didn’t sack a squad, sign our mates, give our mates jobs they’re not qualified for and take Ipswich Town to we bottom end of League One. The support has been incredible given how badly we’ve performed, and while I don’t agree with booing many won’t be renewing if the old boys club are here next season, mark my words.

Paul Cook is our worse ever manager.

#JackieMilburn

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

The biggest disgrace today was... on 12:14 - Oct 17 with 818 viewspatrickswell

The biggest disgrace today was... on 12:10 - Oct 17 by FBI

#JackieMilburn

Milburn at least has the excuse that he was managing an aging team with a non existent budget in the top flight. I don’t know what excuse Keane/Jewell/Hurst/Lambert/Cook have.
Login to get fewer ads

The biggest disgrace today was... on 12:15 - Oct 17 with 815 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

How dare fans boo the team.

Its not like they threw away a 2-0 lead against a newly promoted side, Have 14 points after 12 games and continue to disappoint.

No fans deserve disappointment, but regardless of booing the team off or clapping them off, this club disappoints anyway.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The biggest disgrace today was... on 12:36 - Oct 17 with 791 viewsTheBlueGnu

The biggest disgrace today was... on 22:08 - Oct 16 by WeirdFishes

It wasn’t as frustrating as those who clapped them off after chucking away a 2-0 lead.

Absolutely - the same clappers who will clap Cook onto the pitch in awe of his 20% win rate next week.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

The biggest disgrace today was... on 17:58 - Oct 17 with 700 views3_5_2

The biggest disgrace today was... on 12:36 - Oct 17 by TheBlueGnu

Absolutely - the same clappers who will clap Cook onto the pitch in awe of his 20% win rate next week.

I realise we have bigger problems but I hate that little jig he does coming out before the team.

I know why he does it but I wish he would stop

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

The biggest disgrace today was... on 18:05 - Oct 17 with 697 viewsOldboy

Don't turn on your own.
The biggest disgrace today was... on 08:59 - Oct 19 with 508 viewsSitfcB

The biggest disgrace today was... on 10:43 - Oct 17 by Blue_Moses

Booing a disgraceful performance and result doesn't mean you don't support the club does it? They haven't suddenly become Norwich fans

It was hardly a disgraceful performance ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The biggest disgrace today was... on 09:17 - Oct 19 with 485 viewsportmanking

The biggest disgrace today was... on 08:59 - Oct 19 by SitfcB

It was hardly a disgraceful performance ffs.

Beggars belief, doesn't it? The hyperbole of a section of fans (inc. some of the 'hipsters' on this forum) has reached levels we've never seen before.
The biggest disgrace today was... on 09:28 - Oct 19 with 478 viewsDanTheMan

The biggest disgrace today was... on 09:17 - Oct 19 by portmanking

Beggars belief, doesn't it? The hyperbole of a section of fans (inc. some of the 'hipsters' on this forum) has reached levels we've never seen before.

The well known footballing hipsters.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The biggest disgrace today was... on 09:44 - Oct 19 with 451 viewsnoggin

The biggest disgrace today was... on 10:43 - Oct 17 by Blue_Moses

No, just means you're a bit of a dick'ead.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The biggest disgrace today was... on 09:50 - Oct 19 with 436 viewsDavoIPB

The biggest disgrace today was... on 22:09 - Oct 16 by Illinoisblue

Nope. A lot of these players are coasting along thinking they can just turn up and play when they feel like it. A few boos might remind them of their responsibilities. Burton, Cheltenham, Accrington and now Cambridge (2nd half) all wanted it more. Sick of people making excuses for this underperforming overpaid shower.

I dont think any of them are just coasting along. The problem is they all try but are not good enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024