Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just playing glass half full devils advocate 21:47 - Oct 16 with 1588 viewsTractorBoyOlly

If we win our next two will all the flouncing stop? It’s clear things aren’t going to change overnight and if we sort the defence out we climb the league. Portsmouth in poor form and Fleetwood is winnable….uppa towen.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 21:50]

Poll: Final points total?

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:49 - Oct 16 with 1576 viewsitfcjoe

Until we settle in the top 6, every game we lose is going to rightly be a big issue. When we are in the bottom half every defeat is a crisis because we are so far off where we need to be and those teams pull away

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:50 - Oct 16 with 1551 viewshomer_123

OK...I'll play.

Care to share how and why we will sort the defence? By the by...its not just the defence. We switch off...prone to individual errors and the minute we concede we look like conceding again.

Whether it was Cook when he came in last season or Cook this season....we look awfully familiar.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:51 - Oct 16 with 1540 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:49 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

Until we settle in the top 6, every game we lose is going to rightly be a big issue. When we are in the bottom half every defeat is a crisis because we are so far off where we need to be and those teams pull away

There’s 34 games left of the season or just under 3/4?

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:51 - Oct 16 with 1540 viewsBseaBlue

Is being in the top six even good enough though? For me, anything that isn't challenging for the top two isn't good enough. We have the resources and infrastructure now so there simply isn't any excuses other than the coaching and management team.
Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:53 - Oct 16 with 1523 viewshomer_123

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:51 - Oct 16 by TractorBoyOlly

There’s 34 games left of the season or just under 3/4?

I refer you to my reply good sir.

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:55 - Oct 16 with 1508 viewsfab_lover

What do you mean - "flouncing" ?

Have you seen how poor PC's performance is since he got here ? And how worrying that is given we've yet to play any of the top teams in this division ? And how reliant we are for goals on a loan signing that might be gone in 3 months.

People aren't flouncing, they're wondering why we're in the position we're in when we were favourites for automatic promotion. It's Fleetwood FFS, of course that should be winnable with the squad we have !

A bit like things other than football that are happening at the moment, I just want to know how bad it has to get...
Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:55 - Oct 16 with 1503 viewsXYZ

"Fleetwood is winnable"

Tell me this is the bottom of the curve.
Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:55 - Oct 16 with 1498 viewsdavblue

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:51 - Oct 16 by BseaBlue

Is being in the top six even good enough though? For me, anything that isn't challenging for the top two isn't good enough. We have the resources and infrastructure now so there simply isn't any excuses other than the coaching and management team.

Top 2 is long gone now.
Login to get fewer ads

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:58 - Oct 16 with 1477 viewsquad

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:55 - Oct 16 by XYZ

"Fleetwood is winnable"

Don't be disrespectful. They're another great side with a great manager etc... If we play well we might just scrape a draw
Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:58 - Oct 16 with 1477 viewsBseaBlue

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:55 - Oct 16 by davblue

Top 2 is long gone now.

Exactly! That's bad enough as it is and yet there are people here saying that we shouldn't be 'flouncing', like it's acceptable for us to be mid-table in the third tier of English football!
Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:58 - Oct 16 with 1478 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:55 - Oct 16 by fab_lover

What do you mean - "flouncing" ?

Have you seen how poor PC's performance is since he got here ? And how worrying that is given we've yet to play any of the top teams in this division ? And how reliant we are for goals on a loan signing that might be gone in 3 months.

People aren't flouncing, they're wondering why we're in the position we're in when we were favourites for automatic promotion. It's Fleetwood FFS, of course that should be winnable with the squad we have !

A bit like things other than football that are happening at the moment, I just want to know how bad it has to get...

The football is entertaining it’s not going the way we’ve wanted but as with most things nowadays everybody wants now now now. Fleetwood is a winnable game in terms of their league position and current form. We have no divine right to 100pts 100 goals etc we have to earn it.

I do think if things don’t improve by the end of the month cook will be under pressure but there are signs. I’d much rather see signs of promise than the dross served under Lambert and McCarthy.

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:58 - Oct 16 with 1476 viewsWicklowBlue

Minor point we didn't lose today. But I agree with the rest...

Rather than the big binary debate re. Cook, plan b etc. Joe what needs to happen to stop the weakness at the back within the current formation?
Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:00 - Oct 16 with 1462 viewshomer_123

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:58 - Oct 16 by TractorBoyOlly

The football is entertaining it’s not going the way we’ve wanted but as with most things nowadays everybody wants now now now. Fleetwood is a winnable game in terms of their league position and current form. We have no divine right to 100pts 100 goals etc we have to earn it.

I do think if things don’t improve by the end of the month cook will be under pressure but there are signs. I’d much rather see signs of promise than the dross served under Lambert and McCarthy.

Was Cambridge winnable today? Yep...at kick off and most certainly at 2up.

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:01 - Oct 16 with 1463 viewsjayessess

2 wins puts Cook/us on firmer ground, but it's followed by away games with 1st and 2nd, home with 9th, away at 4th , home to 5th. We'll sure as hell have to have cured whatever's causing our malaise by then, because stumbling through that lot picking up the odd point will not be enough.

Specifically, we'll need magically learn to play through a team that pushes up the pitch against us. If we can't handle it when Cambridge do it for 10 sodding minutes, can't imagine Wycombe doing it for the whole game will be any easier.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 22:18]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:06 - Oct 16 with 1429 viewsdavblue

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:58 - Oct 16 by BseaBlue

Exactly! That's bad enough as it is and yet there are people here saying that we shouldn't be 'flouncing', like it's acceptable for us to be mid-table in the third tier of English football!

I personally thought the top 2 would be beyond us this year with the changes made. It does take time to build a culture and mentality as well as an on the pitch understanding and mentality. I always thought play offs were a realistic aim this year.

Cook’s been pretty poor so far unfortunately and I suspect by early November he will be gone unless things pick up.
Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:07 - Oct 16 with 1429 viewsitfcjoe

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:51 - Oct 16 by BseaBlue

For me, no it isn’t / buy if you lose a game when you are 5th then it’s not going to be as big a deal, than when you are 15th - because you’d have had to have won a lot more games than you’ve lost to be there!

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:14 - Oct 16 with 1401 viewsBseaBlue

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:07 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

For me, no it isn’t / buy if you lose a game when you are 5th then it’s not going to be as big a deal, than when you are 15th - because you’d have had to have won a lot more games than you’ve lost to be there!

Yeah sorry mate, I get what you are saying completely. It was more aimed at the fact that there are fans who won't accept any criticism of Cook or the team, when realistically the standards that we should be aiming for are dropping dramatically!

Without sounding disrespectful, we have hardly had a tough start to the season either. The only good thing is, we can now attempt to gain some ground back because of the amount of teams above us that we have to play. Whether we have have enough about us to do it though remains to be seen....
Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:15 - Oct 16 with 1396 viewsRobTheMonk

It will be an anomaly. Come back when we win 3 in a row and are top 6.
Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:16 - Oct 16 with 1389 viewsBseaBlue

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:06 - Oct 16 by davblue

I personally thought the top 2 would be beyond us this year with the changes made. It does take time to build a culture and mentality as well as an on the pitch understanding and mentality. I always thought play offs were a realistic aim this year.

Cook’s been pretty poor so far unfortunately and I suspect by early November he will be gone unless things pick up.

Yeah I think it was more realistic but I would certainly say that being in the play offs and pushing for the top two should have been the minimum expectation.

The million dollar question is who replaces him though? Do we go back down the tried and tested route ala a Mick type now or gamble on another up and coming manager?

I'd love us to go all out for Mogga but reckon it will be someone like Michael Appleton
Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:19 - Oct 16 with 1356 viewsdavblue

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:16 - Oct 16 by BseaBlue

Yeah I think it was more realistic but I would certainly say that being in the play offs and pushing for the top two should have been the minimum expectation.

The million dollar question is who replaces him though? Do we go back down the tried and tested route ala a Mick type now or gamble on another up and coming manager?

I'd love us to go all out for Mogga but reckon it will be someone like Michael Appleton

No idea, new owners a different set of criteria for their type of manager.

Broadly speaking with Evans you had an idea the type he liked.
Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:24 - Oct 16 with 1336 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:16 - Oct 16 by BseaBlue

Hate this speculation. The guy is still in a job let him sort it out and if he doesn’t then is the time. Yes we are a ‘big’ club but the type of manager we could attract is limited despite blue tinted goggles.

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 02:23 - Oct 17 with 1153 viewsIllinoisblue

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 21:55 - Oct 16 by XYZ

"Fleetwood is winnable"

With us, no game should ever be classed as “winnable”. See also: last season’s “easy run in”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 07:54 - Oct 17 with 987 viewsitfcjoe

Just playing glass half full devils advocate on 22:24 - Oct 16 by TractorBoyOlly

Hate this speculation. The guy is still in a job let him sort it out and if he doesn’t then is the time. Yes we are a ‘big’ club but the type of manager we could attract is limited despite blue tinted goggles.

I’m sure a L1 team with the financial clout to attract Celina, Morsy etc is able to attract a good manager as well.

Whatever has happened with Cook, he was seen as an excellent appointment and was attracted under the Evans regime, let alone what we now have in place

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024