Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who coaches the defence?? 23:16 - Oct 16 with 1327 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

We have no defence coach as far as I can see.

Roberts (winger)
Jeffers (striker)
Cook (midfield)

so who is going to sit down with Edmundson & Burgess, and Donacien & Penney, to analyse today's performance??
Who coaches the defence?? on 00:00 - Oct 17 with 1261 viewsMrBigBoy

The defensive coach.
Who coaches the defence?? on 00:50 - Oct 17 with 1226 viewsGiveusaWave

Coaching staff (first team) is (please correct me if wrong)

Francis Jeffers
Gary Roberts
Ian Craney
John Keeley

I haven't been at training sessions but imagine these coaches perform specific roles (rather than general).

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Who coaches the defence?? on 00:59 - Oct 17 with 1210 viewsFrankMarshall

Who coaches the defence?? on 00:50 - Oct 17 by GiveusaWave

Coaching staff (first team) is (please correct me if wrong)

Francis Jeffers
Gary Roberts
Ian Craney
John Keeley

I haven't been at training sessions but imagine these coaches perform specific roles (rather than general).

Forgotten Jon Ashton (Fitness Coach) and Paul Cook who will be involved heavily in coaching midfield. Keeley is a GK Coach.

Frank Marshall

Who coaches the defence?? on 01:25 - Oct 17 with 1192 viewsWonTheCupin78

Someone will be in charge. However it's not clear from our coaches who that person is.
Who coaches the defence?? on 08:24 - Oct 17 with 1050 viewsHerbivore

Benny Hill.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who coaches the defence?? on 08:26 - Oct 17 with 1044 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

The Invisible Man
Who coaches the defence?? on 08:28 - Oct 17 with 1038 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Who coaches the defence?? on 08:24 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Benny Hill.

At least they're fit then.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Who coaches the defence?? on 08:48 - Oct 17 with 996 viewsFrankfurtBlue

I understand your point, but it is not just the defence.

It is our whole gameplan when out of possession. We sit so deep, inviting the opposition onto us. In the first half we were pressing high, but our default mode of defending is to sit off, to concede ground and not mark particularly tightly. We (too) often clear the ball long when we have nobody or a solitary striker up the pitch, giving us little chance of retaining possession. Yesterday, we were even hitting it to Chaplins head.........really?

We definitely need someone that can coach them on the defensive side of the game. Both goals yesterday were completely avoidable. Sometimes, it seems as if they have only just been introduced to each other. Not sure what Hladky was doing for the second....he was on the floor as Ironside was heading the ball. Didn´t seem to be much contact and any ball in the six yard box needs to be his. ATM, I would prefer Holy. Donacien has been good generally, but he was completely out of position for the first goal.

There have been too many basic errors this season in our defensive game, not just individual, but as a team. It heavily suggests that Cook and his coaches are not up to the job.
Login to get fewer ads

Can we get Phil to ask this? on 09:13 - Oct 17 with 953 viewsHighgateBlue

This is a pretty basic fact about our club that I think fans have a right to know. Given that Cook unilaterally decided to bin our defence (including our player of the season who is now top of the table with Plymouth), I think it's fair to ask questions about how Cook intends to improve our substantially weakened defence.
Can we get Phil to ask this? on 09:19 - Oct 17 with 933 viewsrgp1

Can we get Phil to ask this? on 09:13 - Oct 17 by HighgateBlue

This is a pretty basic fact about our club that I think fans have a right to know. Given that Cook unilaterally decided to bin our defence (including our player of the season who is now top of the table with Plymouth), I think it's fair to ask questions about how Cook intends to improve our substantially weakened defence.

Cook said in his interview not it's all about attack and getting the 3rd goal. Unfortunately if the manager doesn't accept that sometimes you have to batten down the hatches then I'm afraid we ain't going nowhere.
Who coaches the defence?? on 09:32 - Oct 17 with 908 viewsportmanroadblue

Who coaches the defence?? on 08:48 - Oct 17 by FrankfurtBlue

I understand your point, but it is not just the defence.

It is our whole gameplan when out of possession. We sit so deep, inviting the opposition onto us. In the first half we were pressing high, but our default mode of defending is to sit off, to concede ground and not mark particularly tightly. We (too) often clear the ball long when we have nobody or a solitary striker up the pitch, giving us little chance of retaining possession. Yesterday, we were even hitting it to Chaplins head.........really?

We definitely need someone that can coach them on the defensive side of the game. Both goals yesterday were completely avoidable. Sometimes, it seems as if they have only just been introduced to each other. Not sure what Hladky was doing for the second....he was on the floor as Ironside was heading the ball. Didn´t seem to be much contact and any ball in the six yard box needs to be his. ATM, I would prefer Holy. Donacien has been good generally, but he was completely out of position for the first goal.

There have been too many basic errors this season in our defensive game, not just individual, but as a team. It heavily suggests that Cook and his coaches are not up to the job.

We definitely need to press higher up the pitch for 90mins, not just the first 45mins, but I also think the majority of our goals conceded have come from set pieces, we are just not getting to the ball first. We really lack organisation, someone needs to take control, I would expect the keeper to control his six yard box and also organise his defence. We seem to switch off far too easily.
Who coaches the defence?? on 10:56 - Oct 17 with 835 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

All good comments but does anyone have an actual answer to the question?
Who coaches the defence?? on 11:04 - Oct 17 with 822 viewsportmanroadblue

Who coaches the defence?? on 10:56 - Oct 17 by TonyHumesIpswich

All good comments but does anyone have an actual answer to the question?

Keeper/defending coaches, if these are already being implemented and the players aren't delivering, new players.
Who coaches the defence?? on 11:08 - Oct 17 with 818 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Who coaches the defence?? on 11:04 - Oct 17 by portmanroadblue

Keeper/defending coaches, if these are already being implemented and the players aren't delivering, new players.

Thanks. So Keeley plus a mystery person?
Who coaches the defence?? on 11:13 - Oct 17 with 805 viewsportmanroadblue

Who coaches the defence?? on 11:08 - Oct 17 by TonyHumesIpswich

Thanks. So Keeley plus a mystery person?

Nail on head moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024