Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The biggest reality check yesterday 07:41 - Oct 17 with 1331 viewsBluefish

For all of the money splashed on our so called stars of league 1 Hoolahan was the stand out player by some suitable at the age of 39. Celina was seen as way too good for this league, he is a long way off Hoolahan

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The biggest reality check yesterday on 07:54 - Oct 17 with 1246 viewsMenton

I’m not sure he was a stand out player. One or two nice touches and passes second half but I don’t think he influenced the game that much. Still impressive to be still doing it at 39 though, no doubt.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

The biggest reality check yesterday on 07:58 - Oct 17 with 1231 viewsBluefish

The biggest reality check yesterday on 07:54 - Oct 17 by Menton

I’m not sure he was a stand out player. One or two nice touches and passes second half but I don’t think he influenced the game that much. Still impressive to be still doing it at 39 though, no doubt.

He was the overwhelming vote for man of the match by their supporters and everyone in the room I was in agreed before it was announced. He was a class above in a weaker team

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The biggest reality check yesterday on 08:02 - Oct 17 with 1213 viewsitfcjoe

The biggest reality check yesterday on 07:58 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

He was the overwhelming vote for man of the match by their supporters and everyone in the room I was in agreed before it was announced. He was a class above in a weaker team

He looked sharp on the ball, and some nice bits but didn’t get into it effect the game enough. Their CF caused us problems, as did their LB and LW and they were standouts for me.

Thibk Hoolahan one who is always neat and will always look good by his style

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The biggest reality check yesterday on 08:06 - Oct 17 with 1180 viewsbrogansnose

The biggest reality check yesterday on 07:58 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Agreed, he as a thorn just outside and inside our penalty box. Sprung up on the wings, moved the ball quickly under pressure. The bloke did well.
The biggest reality check yesterday on 08:37 - Oct 17 with 1022 views3_5_2

The biggest reality check yesterday on 07:54 - Oct 17 by Menton

His legs have gone but still a decent player.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

The biggest reality check yesterday on 09:17 - Oct 17 with 909 viewsHighgateBlue

This is a fair point, except that I am very frustrated with fans constantly analysing that our team is either "too good for League 1" or not good enough, based solely on attacking players. The biggest reality check for me is nothing to do with scoring goals (we got 2 yesterday), but letting them in.

The reality check is that our defence is not good enough, much worse than last season, and hence much worse than the players that Cook binned. Some of us said so at the time. The fact that Cook has gone on a fantasy football raid for attacking players has allowed any debate to revolve around those players. I maintain that the majority of our ire or at least disappointment should relate to what Cook has done to decimate our defence, and what he isn't doing to improve that situation.
The biggest reality check yesterday on 09:28 - Oct 17 with 851 viewsFPL_Tractor

The biggest reality check yesterday on 09:17 - Oct 17 by HighgateBlue

This is a fair point, except that I am very frustrated with fans constantly analysing that our team is either "too good for League 1" or not good enough, based solely on attacking players. The biggest reality check for me is nothing to do with scoring goals (we got 2 yesterday), but letting them in.

The reality check is that our defence is not good enough, much worse than last season, and hence much worse than the players that Cook binned. Some of us said so at the time. The fact that Cook has gone on a fantasy football raid for attacking players has allowed any debate to revolve around those players. I maintain that the majority of our ire or at least disappointment should relate to what Cook has done to decimate our defence, and what he isn't doing to improve that situation.

The defence is definitely the problem. We’ve scored in every league game. But there’s something not quite right. I’m not sure if it’s personnel, tactical or a balance of those but we’re inconsistent in defence. I thought the Lincoln-Wednesday-Donny spell suggested we’d tightened up but since we’ve developed some poor habits.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

The biggest reality check yesterday on 09:42 - Oct 17 with 805 viewsBurns7

I don’t understand why so many think our players are much better than what they are. Celina played for a side that last season got relegated with ease from the French top tier and were easily one of the worst sides to have played in that league, akin to when Barnsley had a season in the Premiership. Ipswich as a club is a step up for him still, even in League One.
Login to get fewer ads

The biggest reality check yesterday on 11:05 - Oct 17 with 627 viewsGuthrum

The biggest reality check yesterday on 09:17 - Oct 17 by HighgateBlue

This.

Edit: Expanding upon that, perhaps we're suffering the same problem we have for years - unless half the attackers are defending, the defence is rubbish, but that hamstrings our offence.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 11:09]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024