Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most damming statistic of all 08:43 - Oct 17 with 1243 views3_5_2

I’ve seen we have thrown 18 points away from winning positions so far this season

Is this down to tactics, lack of lack of fitness, poor mentality / players who just can’t see a game out?

Or a combination of the above ?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

The most damming statistic of all on 08:51 - Oct 17 with 1198 viewstownblue

I'm not sure why. More worryingly though, is that I don't think cook knows why either.
The most damming statistic of all on 09:26 - Oct 17 with 1141 viewsHighgateBlue

Yes I was asking this once it had happened about three times, and nobody seemed to care.

Our defence needs to get much better very quickly. Maybe not quite as good as when we had that player of the season whom we had to allow to go on to bigger and better things at table topping Plymouth, but better than it is now.

It's very difficult to know what particular deficiencies are afflicting our current players. The immediate thought might be fitness, but I don't know about that. We seem to enjoy letting in goals very soon after we have just scored, rather than necessarily at the end of games (although I appreciate it was both yesterday).

We've had two different squads and both have performed alarmingly badly. The common denominator is Cook. Two more wins this month or he should be gone before the Wycombe game.
The most damming statistic of all on 09:29 - Oct 17 with 1131 viewsMookamoo

It's the inability to adjust. That is simply down to management and coaches.

Footballers are not the brightest, they need instruction. It's great that we are getting into winning positions, but there is then this disconnect between what is actually happening on the pitch and what Cook expects to happen. Teams come at us and no one has been told how to adjust to it - just to keep playing the same way with the same formation with the expectation that will result in keeping the ball and keeping it the opponents half. It isn't working out like that. They doubled down and had Celina and Edwards on as subs when 2-1 up away from home, it wasn't going to work, it didn't work and it needs to stop.

Fitness is not an issue now we are half way through October and with the squad size we have.
The most damming statistic of all on 10:26 - Oct 17 with 1057 viewsTractorFrog

I make it 16:

Burton - 1
Cheltenham - 3
MK Dons - 2
Wimbledon - 2
Bolton - 3
Accrington - 3
Cambridge - 2

Unless you are counting MK Dons twice because we let the lead slip twice. 16 points would still put us top of the league, so yes, that is the most damning statistic.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

The most damming statistic of all on 10:32 - Oct 17 with 1032 views3_5_2

The most damming statistic of all on 10:26 - Oct 17 by TractorFrog

I make it 16:

Burton - 1
Cheltenham - 3
MK Dons - 2
Wimbledon - 2
Bolton - 3
Accrington - 3
Cambridge - 2

Unless you are counting MK Dons twice because we let the lead slip twice. 16 points would still put us top of the league, so yes, that is the most damning statistic.

I did read it elsewhere but even 16 points is huge

8 of those points would see us in 6th place

The most damming statistic of all on 10:35 - Oct 17 with 1018 viewsBluebell

We always seem concede after subs have been made. If we are winning, keep the team the same unless there are injuries.

All these players should be able to manage 90 minutes or they shouldn’t be playing at all!

By the way 3_5_2 it’s spelt ‘damning’.
The most damming statistic of all on 10:36 - Oct 17 with 1014 viewspatrickswell

The most damming statistic of all on 10:32 - Oct 17 by 3_5_2

I did read it elsewhere but even 16 points is huge

8 of those points would see us in 6th place

And those 8 points would have taken a lot of heat out of the season, because we would at least be in a position which felt commensurate with expectations/squad potential.

Instead everyone’s confidence & belief is draining away.
The most damming statistic of all on 10:42 - Oct 17 with 980 viewspatrickswell

I make it 16:

Burton - 1
Cheltenham - 3
MK Dons - 2
Wimbledon - 2
Bolton - 3
Accrington - 3
Cambridge - 2

It’s 15 points dropped, we were never in the lead against Burton - Scott Fraser saw to that when he decided to do an interpretive dance routine while taking a penalty.
Login to get fewer ads

The most damming statistic of all on 11:28 - Oct 17 with 923 viewsGeoffSentence

I make it 16:

Burton - 1
Cheltenham - 3
MK Dons - 2
Wimbledon - 2
Bolton - 3
Accrington - 3
Cambridge - 2

18 or 16, it is more than 14 which is the number of points we actually have, which is truly shocking.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The most damming statistic of all on 23:10 - Oct 17 with 774 views3_5_2

The most damming statistic of all on 10:35 - Oct 17 by Bluebell

We always seem concede after subs have been made. If we are winning, keep the team the same unless there are injuries.

All these players should be able to manage 90 minutes or they shouldn’t be playing at all!

By the way 3_5_2 it’s spelt ‘damning’.

Thanks BB! (Sausage fingers from me)

The most damming statistic of all on 23:34 - Oct 17 with 756 viewsKropotkin123

There have been some individual errors (Evans). But, from what I've seen, our biggest issue is Hladky. Take this with a pinch of salt, as I'm judging from Canada. There seems to be a complete lack of command of his box, both positionally and organisationally. Things also just seems to go through him. I thing it affects the confidence of the rest of the team defensively.

I'd be interested to see how many shots we've conceded verses goals conceded, measured against other teams in the league.

He came highly rated, he looked great from the limited stuff I'd seen of him. So I was excited to see him join. But I think this is a Richard Wright to Arsenal situation, where he doesn't feel like he belongs, and that is impacting his ability to perform.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The most damming statistic of all on 10:32 - Oct 18 with 568 viewsEwan_Oozami

The positive thing is that we have actually got into winning positions in the first place - personally I think it's easier to sort a defence out and stop conceding goals than it is to try and get more goals out of an under performing front-line...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The most damming statistic of all on 10:35 - Oct 18 with 550 viewsCotty

I make it 16:

Burton - 1
Cheltenham - 3
MK Dons - 2
Wimbledon - 2
Bolton - 3
Accrington - 3
Cambridge - 2

You can't lose one point from a winning position!
The most damming statistic of all on 14:49 - Oct 18 with 444 viewspeterleeblue

The most damming statistic of all on 10:36 - Oct 17 by patrickswell

And those 8 points would have taken a lot of heat out of the season, because we would at least be in a position which felt commensurate with expectations/squad potential.

Instead everyone’s confidence & belief is draining away.

Even if we just had 4 more we would be one win outside the playoffs. If we can eliminate the 88th minute onwards guff things would look a whole lot better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024