Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've left ourselves so much to do 08:47 - Oct 17 with 814 viewstractorboy1978

Sunderland, Rotherham, Wigan, Wycombe are incredibly strong sides that seem to relentlessly be winning games. Sides that from 2-0 up after 40 mins against Cambridge, would have gone on to win by 4 or 5.

I might be being unfair on Plymouth but they seem to be winning tight games and have more propensity to drop off. Realistically we are playing for one of two play off spots IMO and we are already 12 points behind one of those sides (Plymouth).

Of course, we could go on a 5,6,7 game winning run and things will look different but I see no evidence of that at the moment, especially when we are yet to play any of the top 5.

We've left ourselves so much to do on 09:08 - Oct 17 with 749 viewsArnieM

Cut the defensive mistakes out when we’re not even under pressure, and we will win games and start to climb this division. It really is that simply.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We've left ourselves so much to do on 09:11 - Oct 17 with 739 viewsHighgateBlue

The fact that we are so far behind the likes of Wycombe and Plymouth is a sad indictment of Cook's reign. I think many fans need to realise that the results are clear that Cook has taken us backwards since Lambert. And that was quite the achievement...
We've left ourselves so much to do on 09:12 - Oct 17 with 734 viewspointofblue

We've left ourselves so much to do on 09:08 - Oct 17 by ArnieM

Cut the defensive mistakes out when we’re not even under pressure, and we will win games and start to climb this division. It really is that simply.

Though interestingly, in terms of xG we’re only marginally better attacking wise than defensively (1.01 v 0.99) - we seem to be taking nearly every chance whilst letting every opportunity in.

https://footystats.org/england/efl-league-one/xg

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We've left ourselves so much to do on 09:18 - Oct 17 with 710 viewsnorfsufblue

We've left ourselves so much to do on 09:12 - Oct 17 by pointofblue

Though interestingly, in terms of xG we’re only marginally better attacking wise than defensively (1.01 v 0.99) - we seem to be taking nearly every chance whilst letting every opportunity in.

https://footystats.org/england/efl-league-one/xg

I'm not sure I believe it myself but we actually be more effective against sides that fancy themselves against us... not likely to be faced with so many Brick wall situations if the opposition think they can open us up?? ... oh I do hope I'm right!
We've left ourselves so much to do on 09:19 - Oct 17 with 698 viewspointofblue

We've left ourselves so much to do on 09:18 - Oct 17 by norfsufblue

I'm not sure I believe it myself but we actually be more effective against sides that fancy themselves against us... not likely to be faced with so many Brick wall situations if the opposition think they can open us up?? ... oh I do hope I'm right!

I think you’re right but I don’t think many teams will be that stupid.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We've left ourselves so much to do on 09:27 - Oct 17 with 672 viewstractorboy1978

We've left ourselves so much to do on 09:08 - Oct 17 by ArnieM

We've been saying that since Morecambe on the opening day though. The reality is that almost every game we play is tight and one error punishes you. That's not a sustainable way to operate.

We were largely pretty crap yesterday, other than the goals (which both came from their errors, albeit 1st was a classy finish from Aluko) we did nothing of note against a side we should be pulling apart with the quality of players we have.
We've left ourselves so much to do on 09:29 - Oct 17 with 657 viewsjayessess

We've left ourselves so much to do on 09:18 - Oct 17 by norfsufblue

"Brick walls" aren't our problem. When sides sit deep and low block, we're comfortable and we score enough goals to win games.

It's when other teams (even very limited ones) attack us that we have problems.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We've left ourselves so much to do on 09:52 - Oct 17 with 602 viewsKeaneish

Nah. Our form in the last 6 suggests top 6 and they’re only 12pts away.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

We've left ourselves so much to do on 11:01 - Oct 17 with 494 viewsIllinoisblue

And that’s the problem. We keep digging ourselves into a hole instead of closing the gap. And until we find some steel and nous it will keep happening

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We've left ourselves so much to do on 11:45 - Oct 17 with 443 viewsBurns7

We’re not getting promoted, scraping the playoffs would be a miracle. It’s not acceptable is it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024