Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... 11:33 - Oct 17 with 4835 viewsITFCBlues

Gotta feel for Cardiff fans having to endure this..

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:30 - Oct 17 with 618 viewsmonty_radio

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 14:28 - Oct 17 by ITFCBlues

They may not be if Mick stays in charge!

Who knows what state he will leave them in, wouldn't be the first club he leaves that then nose dives down the leagues!

Both Mick's fans and detractors can, of course,draw on that evidence to say that it points either way. i.e. while in place he was sustaining the unsustainable or, that allowing his style to underpin a cheap way of running things would, on his departure reveal the true underlying state of the club.

In the case of Town, Wolves and now Cardiff there was or is probably a reason that a failing ownership would find Mick and his ways useful.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:34 - Oct 17 with 605 viewsHerbivore

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:24 - Oct 17 by ITFCBlues

We were getting 11 or 12k almost weekly towards the end, that's where I'm getting it from. That was also including a number of season ticket holders who just didn't turn up!

Okay, so we're going on your own made up numbers. Fair enough.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:39 - Oct 17 with 599 viewsITFCBlues

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:34 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Okay, so we're going on your own made up numbers. Fair enough.

Yeah, my factual made up numbers.

Go and check it yourself. Towards the end of his tenure, we recorded some of the lowest attendances in the last 20-25 years.

13k in a number of games, which includes ST holders who just didn't bother to turn up. 6k fans more to watch us battling away in mid table of L1, says it all.

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:40 - Oct 17 with 595 viewsKeaneish

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:01 - Oct 17 by _sanctimoanious_

Really bizarre Herbivore decided to down vote this. Odd

He has down voted every post I have written for 6-years, it’s bizarre!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:45 - Oct 17 with 585 viewsHerbivore

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:39 - Oct 17 by ITFCBlues

Yeah, my factual made up numbers.

Go and check it yourself. Towards the end of his tenure, we recorded some of the lowest attendances in the last 20-25 years.

13k in a number of games, which includes ST holders who just didn't bother to turn up. 6k fans more to watch us battling away in mid table of L1, says it all.

I've already posted the average attendance for Mick's first and last season, mate. Those are the actual numbers. If we'd been averaging 9k in his final season then you'd be right that we lost 7k or 8k fans under Mick, however our average attendance was over 16k. That means you are incorrect. It's possible to make the point that you didn't like Mick's football without having to make stuff up so I'm not sure why you're doing so.

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:54 - Oct 17 with 560 viewsKeaneish

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:01 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

They’re awful. Watching that today brought back bad memories of hoof ball and footballers unable to string 3 passes together. I expect he’ll be gone pretty soon.

Just talking to a staunch ROI fan who has followed Mick’s career with vigour for a long time. Given the mini resurgence under Kenny, and I do mean mini given the terrible state of things he inherited from Mick, he said this in reference to their recent win…

“Under Mick, 4 years ago, we completed 79 passes in the first half against similar opponents. Under Kenny, on Tuesday, we completed 38 passes in the lead up to our third goal alone. 600+ passes total.
We also completed more passes and successful passes in an Ireland match than ever before.”

It might be a small, un-noteworthy victory in terms of their history but the signs are there that they’re building and moving in the right direction. In comparison, look at Mick’s record in the last 5-years.

- Ipswich: at the time our worst finish in 60+ years and huge disharmony with the fan base
- ROI: failure to qualify and no squad development leaving Kenny with a mess
- Apoel: sacked after 2-months 1 pt above the relegation zone
- Cardiff: 3pts above the relegation zone 1 win in 9.

How any one can defend this brand of football anymore in 2021 is bewildering.

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:54 - Oct 17 with 559 viewsITFCBlues

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:45 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

I've already posted the average attendance for Mick's first and last season, mate. Those are the actual numbers. If we'd been averaging 9k in his final season then you'd be right that we lost 7k or 8k fans under Mick, however our average attendance was over 16k. That means you are incorrect. It's possible to make the point that you didn't like Mick's football without having to make stuff up so I'm not sure why you're doing so.

You're posting averages which also includes 26k against Norwich. The last few games of this tenure, we were getting around 13k and at some of those games it was obvious there wasn't even 13k there! 13k against Hull, 13k against Barnsley, 13800 against Burton & 13k against Reading. Some of the low points.

Average attendances will always be higher in the Championship with greater away followings.

Whatever way you look at it, he pushed fans away that have come back, despite sitting mid table in L1

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:57 - Oct 17 with 553 viewsHerbivore

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:54 - Oct 17 by ITFCBlues

You're posting averages which also includes 26k against Norwich. The last few games of this tenure, we were getting around 13k and at some of those games it was obvious there wasn't even 13k there! 13k against Hull, 13k against Barnsley, 13800 against Burton & 13k against Reading. Some of the low points.

Average attendances will always be higher in the Championship with greater away followings.

Whatever way you look at it, he pushed fans away that have come back, despite sitting mid table in L1

Glad you can acknowledge that you completely made up some figures to exaggerate the point that you're no fan of Big Mick.

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:59 - Oct 17 with 554 viewsITFCBlues

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:57 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Glad you can acknowledge that you completely made up some figures to exaggerate the point that you're no fan of Big Mick.

Yeah, made up facts.

The numbers don't lie. 13k to over 20k against Sheff Wed. At least 7k more than the later stages under Mick

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 16:01 - Oct 17 with 548 viewsHerbivore

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:59 - Oct 17 by ITFCBlues

Yeah, made up facts.

The numbers don't lie. 13k to over 20k against Sheff Wed. At least 7k more than the later stages under Mick

Jesus wept. Have a lie down.

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 16:03 - Oct 17 with 550 viewsITFCBlues

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 16:01 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Jesus wept. Have a lie down.

I know mate, it's not nice to have the facts presented like that.

Have a lovely Sunday!

Cardiff lose 6 on bounce for first time since 1985. their forum in meltdown. 26% on 16:34 - Oct 17 with 517 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Cardiff lose 6 on bounce for first time since 1985. their forum in meltdown. 26% on 15:13 - Oct 17 by unstableblue

Possession

5CBs again

Dour dour dour

5 CB's against West Bromwich and got battered.... that went well !

5 CB's today and got battered , again......that went well, again !

Who will he be blaming for this?
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 17:50 - Oct 17 with 453 viewstimothyeo

Seems really sour and a little cringe to be sniping at Mick who's not only managing a division higher than what we are in but was pretty much solely responsible for keeping us in that division.

On top of that, he's 10x the manager Cook is.
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:03 - Oct 17 with 429 viewsbazza

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 17:50 - Oct 17 by timothyeo

Seems really sour and a little cringe to be sniping at Mick who's not only managing a division higher than what we are in but was pretty much solely responsible for keeping us in that division.

Going to get sacked 10x quicker than cook as well..
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:06 - Oct 17 with 428 viewsOldboy

With money to spend, I would replace Cook with McCarthy tomorrow.
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:08 - Oct 17 with 427 viewsHerbivore

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:03 - Oct 17 by bazza

Going to get sacked 10x quicker than cook as well..

Doubtful. They've both been in post nearly 8 months, if Mick goes tomorrow Cook would have to last 80 months here for that to be the case. Can't see that happening.

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:10 - Oct 17 with 417 viewsbazza

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:08 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Doubtful. They've both been in post nearly 8 months, if Mick goes tomorrow Cook would have to last 80 months here for that to be the case. Can't see that happening.

Alright carol..
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:11 - Oct 17 with 417 viewsKeaneish

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 17:50 - Oct 17 by timothyeo

Given over the last 5 season Mick’s win percentage is 33% and Cook’s is 39% I’d beg to differ. I’d also beg to differ given Cook has a promotion and an FA cup quarter final to his name in that time. Given Mick’s also had two contracts not renewed, has been sacked and is verging on another sacking, I’d say your sycophantic post is more cringe.

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:13 - Oct 17 with 410 viewsbazza

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:11 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

Given over the last 5 season Mick’s win percentage is 33% and Cook’s is 39% I’d beg to differ. I’d also beg to differ given Cook has a promotion and an FA cup quarter final to his name in that time. Given Mick’s also had two contracts not renewed, has been sacked and is verging on another sacking, I’d say your sycophantic post is more cringe.

You got an unhealthy obsession with mick McCarthy 😂
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:15 - Oct 17 with 401 viewsgtsb1966

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:08 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

You take boring to another level.
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:16 - Oct 17 with 395 viewsSwansea_Blue

I realise this has descended onto the usual Mick’s wonderful/crap* (*delete as appropriate) show, but an interesting footnote is that Swansea, despite playing with 3 at the back, actually only played with 1 known CB. The other two were fullbacks. Out of choice too, not forced through injuries. Funny old game.

Best CB we’ve had who wasn’t a CB? Marty Holland did well, but I’m struggling to think of any others.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:18 - Oct 17 with 388 viewsbazza

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:16 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

I realise this has descended onto the usual Mick’s wonderful/crap* (*delete as appropriate) show, but an interesting footnote is that Swansea, despite playing with 3 at the back, actually only played with 1 known CB. The other two were fullbacks. Out of choice too, not forced through injuries. Funny old game.

Best CB we’ve had who wasn’t a CB? Marty Holland did well, but I’m struggling to think of any others.

Good old Marty .!!
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:20 - Oct 17 with 383 viewsgtsb1966

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:18 - Oct 17 by bazza

Good old Marty .!!

Looking back you could see he had a good future.
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:24 - Oct 17 with 377 viewsbazza

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:20 - Oct 17 by gtsb1966

Looking back you could see he had a good future.

I Remember some of the battles he had… with biff.
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:24 - Oct 17 with 377 viewspositivity

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:16 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

didn't micky stockwell play there once!?

maybe hawkins should have been tried there instead of up front...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024