Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... 11:33 - Oct 17 with 4866 viewsITFCBlues

Gotta feel for Cardiff fans having to endure this..

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Give me your drugs?? on 18:26 - Oct 17 with 758 viewsunstableblue

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:06 - Oct 17 by Oldboy

With money to spend, I would replace Cook with McCarthy tomorrow.

Seriously that is the most ridiculous post in months!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:38 - Oct 17 with 738 viewsFBI

https://charliecowan.co.uk/qiklaxon/klaxon.php?text=Mick+McCarthy

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Give me your drugs?? on 18:41 - Oct 17 with 718 viewsHerbivore

Give me your drugs?? on 18:26 - Oct 17 by unstableblue

Whilst I wouldn't want Mick back here given all the history - the numbskulls are still wetting the bed over him 3 and a half years after he left, ffs - I would feel more confident in Mick taking this squad to promotion than I feel about Cook doing so. I really don't think that's even a controversial opinion to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Give me your drugs?? on 18:54 - Oct 17 with 691 viewsOldboy

Give me your drugs?? on 18:26 - Oct 17 by unstableblue

Not saying I want MM back, far from it, but with the money Cook has had, MM would be doing better.
Give me your drugs?? on 19:07 - Oct 17 with 660 viewsMullet

Give me your drugs?? on 18:54 - Oct 17 by Oldboy

Not saying I want MM back, far from it, but with the money Cook has had, MM would be doing better.

We’d probably be in the Prem again before Norwich

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Give me your drugs?? on 19:12 - Oct 17 with 653 viewsunstableblue

Give me your drugs?? on 18:41 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Whilst I wouldn't want Mick back here given all the history - the numbskulls are still wetting the bed over him 3 and a half years after he left, ffs - I would feel more confident in Mick taking this squad to promotion than I feel about Cook doing so. I really don't think that's even a controversial opinion to be honest.

“Numbskulls” = people who questioned paying for awful football for 2 seasons, who were 80% of the fan base, and who sang in HUGE numbers that the said football was sh!t

What is controversial and frankly stupid are people still harping about “I’d get mick back in a hear beat” when exactly what I said - if not worse - is happening at another club

Go on the Cardiff forum now… errrrr it’s full of numbskulls?!

Come on herbie you’re better than aligning with those mick loons

Give me your drugs?? on 19:16 - Oct 17 with 650 viewsHerbivore

Give me your drugs?? on 19:12 - Oct 17 by unstableblue

“Numbskulls” = people who questioned paying for awful football for 2 seasons, who were 80% of the fan base, and who sang in HUGE numbers that the said football was sh!t

What is controversial and frankly stupid are people still harping about “I’d get mick back in a hear beat” when exactly what I said - if not worse - is happening at another club

Numbskulls being those chanting against their own side and generally creating a toxic atmosphere, yes. Some people are still obsessed with Mick, you yourself seem to start at least two threads about him most weeks. It's really weird.

I wouldn't want him back here as I said but he's a capable manager and with the resources that have been made available to Cook at this level, I'd back Mick to take us up at a canter.

Give me your drugs?? on 19:16 - Oct 17 with 646 viewsunstableblue

Give me your drugs?? on 19:07 - Oct 17 by Mullet

We’d probably be in the Prem again before Norwich

You’re completely mad

Go on the Cardiff forum please

Sort your head out

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 19:18 - Oct 17 with 642 viewsjudespiveyg

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:57 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Glad you can acknowledge that you completely made up some figures to exaggerate the point that you're no fan of Big Mick.

Tbf he's not completely wrong about the attendances thing, I used to make a habit of asking the steward what the real attendance was on the day (for like security/emergency reasons they measure how many people are actually entering the ground), and there were a few sub-10000 attendances at one point, definitely the loss to Hull and I want to say the games against Cardiff and Barnsley.

Not going to comment on McCarthy as its been done to death and I feel like it all gets a bit prickly (both ways). It's only watching football after all, which is just a less interesting version of actually playing football.

The only conclusion that I intend to draw from the South Wales derby is that Downes is really good. Proper number 4, loves a tackle, feel like our managers missed a trick by not replacing Skuse with him a few seasons sooner.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Give me your drugs?? on 19:21 - Oct 17 with 637 views_sanctimoanious_

Are you really still doing the ‘numbskulls’ thing?
Give me your drugs?? on 19:21 - Oct 17 with 631 viewsHerbivore

Give me your drugs?? on 19:21 - Oct 17 by _sanctimoanious_

Are you really still doing the ‘numbskulls’ thing?

If people are still going to numbskull then yeah, I am.

Give me your drugs?? on 19:37 - Oct 17 with 596 views_sanctimoanious_

Give me your drugs?? on 19:21 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

If people are still going to numbskull then yeah, I am.

Say no more.
Give me your drugs?? on 19:42 - Oct 17 with 570 viewschrismakin

On what basis do people have this view?

Now clearly on certain terms mick has achieved slightly more at higher level..

However he also has some failures.

PC came in with multiple successes at this level doing what he is doing now.

Surely PC struggling has been a sign that past success isnt a guaranteed joy and it's actually not a given that Mick would do better with this squad.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Give me your drugs?? on 19:45 - Oct 17 with 564 viewsOldboy

Give me your drugs?? on 19:12 - Oct 17 by unstableblue

I never said I wanted him back. Just saying MM with the money Cook has been given, would be doing better. You are the clueless one if you think differently. Anyway, just so we are clear, I would take MM over Cook (arguably our worst manager to date) , but I do not want him back.
Give me your drugs?? on 19:49 - Oct 17 with 549 views_sanctimoanious_

Give me your drugs?? on 19:45 - Oct 17 by Oldboy

I never said I wanted him back. Just saying MM with the money Cook has been given, would be doing better. You are the clueless one if you think differently. Anyway, just so we are clear, I would take MM over Cook (arguably our worst manager to date) , but I do not want him back.

Great hypothetical argument and you’re a stupid idiot if you think differently to me.
Those down voting this need to have a little think (n/t) on 19:53 - Oct 17 with 541 viewsunstableblue

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:11 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

Given over the last 5 season Mick’s win percentage is 33% and Cook’s is 39% I’d beg to differ. I’d also beg to differ given Cook has a promotion and an FA cup quarter final to his name in that time. Given Mick’s also had two contracts not renewed, has been sacked and is verging on another sacking, I’d say your sycophantic post is more cringe.

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 20:23 - Oct 17 with 497 viewstimothyeo

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 18:11 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

Given over the last 5 season Mick’s win percentage is 33% and Cook’s is 39% I’d beg to differ. I’d also beg to differ given Cook has a promotion and an FA cup quarter final to his name in that time. Given Mick’s also had two contracts not renewed, has been sacked and is verging on another sacking, I’d say your sycophantic post is more cringe.

Oh dear me this is painfully desperate.

What level has Mick been managing at over those years vs Cook?

Why is Mick yet again managing at Championship level? We are Cooks biggest club hes managed and its whilst we are in the third tier. Cooks been predominantly good in the fourth tier of English football.

Whilst Mick has managed ROI, Sunderland, Wolves, us and Cardiff, Paul Cook has been trusted with massive clubs like Sligo, Accrington, Chesterfield and Portsmouth.

Absolute dream world you live in because you literally get every single call wrong on this forum. Just purely on a numbers game you've got to be right eventually, but I won't hold my breath.
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 21:33 - Oct 17 with 430 viewsnoggin

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM86o5brg/

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 22:02 - Oct 17 with 413 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 15:54 - Oct 17 by ITFCBlues

You're posting averages which also includes 26k against Norwich. The last few games of this tenure, we were getting around 13k and at some of those games it was obvious there wasn't even 13k there! 13k against Hull, 13k against Barnsley, 13800 against Burton & 13k against Reading. Some of the low points.

Average attendances will always be higher in the Championship with greater away followings.

Whatever way you look at it, he pushed fans away that have come back, despite sitting mid table in L1

I personally liked mick. But he had to go because the number of fans at games, and the atmosphere that was harbouring between fans and the management, was highly alarming.

The midweek derby home game I remember pissing myself when the claim was 15k in the ground. It was absolutely nowhere near that. To this day I’d stake my life on no more than 12,500 maximum. And we were 3-0 down at half time so another few hundred left by then too

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 22:14 - Oct 17 with 390 viewsCoastalblue

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 22:02 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I personally liked mick. But he had to go because the number of fans at games, and the atmosphere that was harbouring between fans and the management, was highly alarming.

The midweek derby home game I remember pissing myself when the claim was 15k in the ground. It was absolutely nowhere near that. To this day I’d stake my life on no more than 12,500 maximum. And we were 3-0 down at half time so another few hundred left by then too

Attendance figures are always ticket sold rather than bums on seats though, so ST holders are always counted even if none of them turn up.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 22:16 - Oct 17 with 387 viewsitfcsuth

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 22:02 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Good post.

I have a lot of respect for Mick for the job he did. It was a survival remit each year and he did that.

But I think you’re kidding yourself if you don’t believe that the life was sucked out of supporting the club in his final 18 months or so. The atmosphere, the attendances, the enjoyment and ultimately the football offered were really poor.

3-0 to Hull who I think were bottom at the time was of the worst nights I’ve had watching Town.
Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 22:23 - Oct 17 with 368 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Cardiff playing with 5 cbs today against Swansea... on 22:16 - Oct 17 by itfcsuth

Good post.

I have a lot of respect for Mick for the job he did. It was a survival remit each year and he did that.

But I think you’re kidding yourself if you don’t believe that the life was sucked out of supporting the club in his final 18 months or so. The atmosphere, the attendances, the enjoyment and ultimately the football offered were really poor.

3-0 to Hull who I think were bottom at the time was of the worst nights I’ve had watching Town.

I think I agree with absolutely everything you’ve said there. Have an arrow.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024