Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) 13:21 - Oct 17 with 2872 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 13:21 - Oct 17 with 2860 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Good draw that - for both teams. I was hoping it was us when I saw the second digit was a 2.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 13:25 - Oct 17 with 2785 viewsRomeo4

Great draw for Sudbury. Pleased for them
AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 13:32 - Oct 17 with 2665 viewslegoman

Fantastic draw, come on Dobs.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 14:42 - Oct 17 with 2482 viewsEastTownBlue

They seem quite happy with that, even the chap who shouted “22”

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 14:45 - Oct 17 with 2451 viewsgtsb1966

I hate AFC Sudbury with a passion and I live here. Hope Colchester score ten.
AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 14:48 - Oct 17 with 2440 viewsIllinoisblue

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 14:45 - Oct 17 by gtsb1966

I hate AFC Sudbury with a passion and I live here. Hope Colchester score ten.

Why the hate? Genuinely curious.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 14:58 - Oct 17 with 2408 viewsgtsb1966

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 14:48 - Oct 17 by Illinoisblue

Why the hate? Genuinely curious.

It was when the then Sudbury Wanderers and Sudbury Town FC joined forces. Sudbury Town had no choice as they were going to the wall but the Wanderers people promised different things so it would basically be half and half but lied and Sudbury Wanderers basically took over. The club now is basically Wanderers . There are many people in Sudbury who have never watched Sudbury since and that includes me.
AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 15:10 - Oct 17 with 2347 viewsIllinoisblue

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 14:58 - Oct 17 by gtsb1966

It was when the then Sudbury Wanderers and Sudbury Town FC joined forces. Sudbury Town had no choice as they were going to the wall but the Wanderers people promised different things so it would basically be half and half but lied and Sudbury Wanderers basically took over. The club now is basically Wanderers . There are many people in Sudbury who have never watched Sudbury since and that includes me.

Ah, didn’t realise that. Cheers

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 16:42 - Oct 17 with 2163 viewscressi

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 15:10 - Oct 17 by Illinoisblue

Ah, didn’t realise that. Cheers

But to be fair I played at both grounds
We all loved the priory but the Town end got into a financial muddle and sold the land for development. Yes people walked away but not many people remain from those days and those who do put a lot of work in. Sometimes you have to move on.
Still a great achievement to be in tier 8 and be in the FA Cup win or lose.
AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 16:45 - Oct 17 with 2150 viewsfabian_illness

I played for Sudbury Town against Col U in a pre season friendly 20 odd years ago.
AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 20:09 - Oct 17 with 1902 viewsMelford

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 16:42 - Oct 17 by cressi

But to be fair I played at both grounds
We all loved the priory but the Town end got into a financial muddle and sold the land for development. Yes people walked away but not many people remain from those days and those who do put a lot of work in. Sometimes you have to move on.
Still a great achievement to be in tier 8 and be in the FA Cup win or lose.

I played at the Priory in a friendly back in the day, remember the FA Vase run in 1989. The semi-final against Hungerford was pretty lively, there were loads of coaches to Wembley for the final. Pretty sure Bryan Klug was playing for Sudbury in that game.

Edit. Klug played and set up Sudbury's goal. The whole match is on Youtube
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 20:11]

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 20:19 - Oct 17 with 1875 viewsboom_boom_boom

23 years ago !! haters hate.

I'm ex Wanderers and was not keen on the merger at the time. For the long term, for Sudbury, went along with it. Wanderers coud have done nothing and watch STFC go bankrupt and homeless.

Currently the president and ex chairman for a decade + is ex town, I can think of 3 ex town directors to 1 ex wand. The last full time admin/commercial club manager is 1 of the ex town directors. You know that.

To my knowledge the only promise that was not kept was the manager change for the second season.

Ironically I stopped going when Morsley was the manager and was vocal about it. I went back for the charity game, Stowmarket and yesterday. Water under the bridge.

The "many" is 10-15 people...23 years... Reckon we have a Stalker....
AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 20:52 - Oct 31 with 1398 viewsboom_boom_boom

2 weeks on, no reply. Speaks volumes.

What were these promises?
AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 21:16 - Oct 31 with 1325 viewsgtsb1966

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 20:52 - Oct 31 by boom_boom_boom

The manager scenario was one and there was also promise of keeping a lot of the Town players which never happened. It was by and large still Wanderers and exactly how they wanted it. Sudbury Town were getting crowds of 400+ whereas Wanderers were struggling to get 100. Look at the crowds AFC Sudbury have got since that takeover all those years ago. If you think it's a handful who never went again you are truly mistaken. But you know that. With regards to your "Stalker" comment, no I'm not J...and he doesn't go either.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 5:44]
AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 19:56 - Nov 5 with 944 viewsgtsb1966

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 20:52 - Oct 31 by boom_boom_boom

I hope you heard what your chairman had to say live on national television. Talked about the divide in the town. Straight from the horses mouth
AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 20:30 - Nov 5 with 846 viewsgarygboltonblue

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 19:56 - Nov 5 by gtsb1966

I hope you heard what your chairman had to say live on national television. Talked about the divide in the town. Straight from the horses mouth

Was Gary Harvey part of the takeover or merger ( from a wanderers point of view)
AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 20:34 - Nov 5 with 821 viewsgtsb1966

AFC Sudbury v Colchester (n/t) on 20:30 - Nov 5 by garygboltonblue

Was Gary Harvey part of the takeover or merger ( from a wanderers point of view)

Can't remember now to be honest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024