Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra at Colchester 13:54 - Oct 17 with 1482 viewscatch74

Not getting much game time, real waste of a season if he doesn’t start regularly.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Dobra at Colchester on 13:56 - Oct 17 with 1472 viewsblueprint

Bit like Louie Barry on loan to us.
Dobra at Colchester on 13:57 - Oct 17 with 1466 viewscatch74

Dobra at Colchester on 13:56 - Oct 17 by blueprint

Bit like Louie Barry on loan to us.

Yep.

Dobra at Colchester on 14:06 - Oct 17 with 1391 viewsPinewoodblue

He was away playing for his Country last week, not sure how late he got back.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Dobra at Colchester on 14:08 - Oct 17 with 1388 viewsSharkey

I doubt he’ll start regularly, but Colchester have games coming thick and fast so i expect he’ll get much more time on the pitch. The one time he did start he looked a bit lost, to put it mildly, but yesterday there were signs that the U’s might start to play two up front, and then I think someone like him who can actually beat a defender one-on-one will come into his own. Difficult to know if he’s behind Jasper ( who came in and scored yesterday) in the pecking order, or whether it was just a case of his having been away. Certainly most fans are looking forward to seeing him get a proper chance.

In other news, Sears looked good yesterday, and certainly not too slow for league 2, and remains a crowd favourite .
Dobra at Colchester on 14:22 - Oct 17 with 1332 viewscatch74

Dobra at Colchester on 14:08 - Oct 17 by Sharkey

I doubt he’ll start regularly, but Colchester have games coming thick and fast so i expect he’ll get much more time on the pitch. The one time he did start he looked a bit lost, to put it mildly, but yesterday there were signs that the U’s might start to play two up front, and then I think someone like him who can actually beat a defender one-on-one will come into his own. Difficult to know if he’s behind Jasper ( who came in and scored yesterday) in the pecking order, or whether it was just a case of his having been away. Certainly most fans are looking forward to seeing him get a proper chance.

In other news, Sears looked good yesterday, and certainly not too slow for league 2, and remains a crowd favourite .

Thanks Sharkey, plus as Pinewood said, he’s been on international duty. Hope he gets a bit more time on the pitch moving forward.

Dobra at Colchester on 15:26 - Oct 20 with 1082 viewsSharkey

Update, after Bristol Rovers at home.

Dobra got a good half hour last night. First he looked like he was destined to give away a penalty as he was flying into tackles in and around the box. Over-hit several passes. He showed more commitment than actual quality. Might be called a work in progress and I doubt he'll start next time either.

It was quite a second half. Both teams had a number of 'old lags'. As well as Chambers, Skuse and Charlie Daniels for Colchester, there was Brett Pitman and Glenn Whelan for Bristol R. (Big hugs at half-time for both of them from Tommy Smith, who was an unused sub.) I guess Pitman and Daniels are both Bournemouth legends, but I don't know for how long they were team-mates. Whelan played like a quarter-back, launching accurate long balls from well inside his own half. A pity that Judge wasn't playing so a comparison could be made. (Calf strain?)

Three late red cards, one for time-wasting, but at the end of the game it was smiles and hand-shakes all round from the old geezers, like at the end of a charity match.
Dobra at Colchester on 18:41 - Oct 20 with 823 viewschrismakin

Needs to come back really, no different than Edwards.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Dobra at Colchester on 18:57 - Oct 20 with 784 viewswkj

If he can't get game time there, then it may be a sign we're looking at him with blue tinted specs.

Dobra can run and move well, but sometimes gets quite lost in games. As far as youth players go, El Miz seems like the better player to me.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Dobra at Colchester on 20:13 - Oct 20 with 676 viewsSimonds92

Dobra at Colchester on 18:57 - Oct 20 by wkj

If he can't get game time there, then it may be a sign we're looking at him with blue tinted specs.

Dobra can run and move well, but sometimes gets quite lost in games. As far as youth players go, El Miz seems like the better player to me.

He's hugely overrated by our fanbase.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024