Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Cook gone yet? 14:24 - Oct 17 with 693 viewsOriginalMarkyP

If not, why not?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Has Cook gone yet? on 14:32 - Oct 17 with 677 views_sanctimoanious_

No. Because he hasn’t been sacked by his bosses.
Has Cook gone yet? on 14:39 - Oct 17 with 652 viewsbraveblue

Pointless.
Has Cook gone yet? on 14:41 - Oct 17 with 646 viewsSuperblue95

I find it baffling that someone’s main hobby is to be continually insufferable on a 3rd division football teams fan forum

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:06 - Oct 17 with 603 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Has Cook gone yet? on 14:41 - Oct 17 by Superblue95

I find it baffling that someone’s main hobby is to be continually insufferable on a 3rd division football teams fan forum

Take a look through my posts and the context of my posts and you will see I've given Cook his due when he's got it right.

But facts are facts and the facts are he talks a great game and is a likeable decent man, but he hasn't got it right on the pitch anywhere near often enough. His record is abysmal. Someone needs to relieve him of his duties because where is this evidence that he is going to suddenly add a layer of steel to a pathetically fragile bunch of players? And the myth that all the players we've bought are awesome is exactly that. Burgess is starting to look like Chambers on a bad day. Edmundson is not that much better. Toto is a better defender than either of them on the evidence we have seen. Morsy is far from being the solution to our fragilty. He got muscled off the ball several times yesterday and against Accrington and against the Shrews. He's ponderous at times and has only looked the part against a Doncaster side who were truly awful on the night.

I'm not trying to be insufferable, I'm being objective. Cook has failed to deliver. We can't cling to what he has achieved at previous clubs and the fact he's a nice guy. FFS, I like him and want him to do well. But he isn't. it is time to change it. It hasn't worked.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 15:10]

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:13 - Oct 17 with 565 viewswaveneyblue

Probably because we are 5 points off the play offs with over a 100 points still to play for and thankfully they know considerably more about football than you.
Has Cook gone yet? on 15:13 - Oct 17 with 560 viewsFixed_It

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:06 - Oct 17 by OriginalMarkyP

Take a look through my posts and the context of my posts and you will see I've given Cook his due when he's got it right.

But facts are facts and the facts are he talks a great game and is a likeable decent man, but he hasn't got it right on the pitch anywhere near often enough. His record is abysmal. Someone needs to relieve him of his duties because where is this evidence that he is going to suddenly add a layer of steel to a pathetically fragile bunch of players? And the myth that all the players we've bought are awesome is exactly that. Burgess is starting to look like Chambers on a bad day. Edmundson is not that much better. Toto is a better defender than either of them on the evidence we have seen. Morsy is far from being the solution to our fragilty. He got muscled off the ball several times yesterday and against Accrington and against the Shrews. He's ponderous at times and has only looked the part against a Doncaster side who were truly awful on the night.

I'm not trying to be insufferable, I'm being objective. Cook has failed to deliver. We can't cling to what he has achieved at previous clubs and the fact he's a nice guy. FFS, I like him and want him to do well. But he isn't. it is time to change it. It hasn't worked.

You've been pretty consistent in whipping up 'Cook out' hysteria for weeks. Relentlessly.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:15 - Oct 17 with 544 viewsbobbyramsey

What's wrong with an away point?
Or as the excellent and BALANCED KOA teams said we were ‘outstanding’ at tim on 15:16 - Oct 17 with 538 viewsunstableblue

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:13 - Oct 17 by waveneyblue

Probably because we are 5 points off the play offs with over a 100 points still to play for and thankfully they know considerably more about football than you.

With some just excellent play

And that we were quite comfortable second half but not threatening

BUT as they rightly point out we just pressed the self destruct again and threw the points away

I’d sack Cook after a Bolton performance perhaps

But you don’t sack after that… BUT, if he can’t turn the promising PASSAGES of play into 3 points week in week out soon… then yes even if we play well in passage la he has to go

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Login to get fewer ads

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:18 - Oct 17 with 524 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:13 - Oct 17 by Fixed_It

You've been pretty consistent in whipping up 'Cook out' hysteria for weeks. Relentlessly.

You seriously think that what I'm saying in the comment you are replying to is wrong? Seriously?

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:20 - Oct 17 with 505 viewsSuperblue95

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:06 - Oct 17 by OriginalMarkyP

Taking a look through your posts isn’t an enticing proposition.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:20 - Oct 17 with 502 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:13 - Oct 17 by waveneyblue

Weren't we only goal difference off the playoffs when we sacked Lambert?

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:22 - Oct 17 with 493 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:20 - Oct 17 by Superblue95

Taking a look through your posts isn’t an enticing proposition.

I keep them all in leather-bound volumes.

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:24 - Oct 17 with 489 viewsFixed_It

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:20 - Oct 17 by OriginalMarkyP

Weren't we only goal difference off the playoffs when we sacked Lambert?

Were you a Lambert fan? That would make sense...
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 15:24]

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:26 - Oct 17 with 471 viewsFixed_It

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:18 - Oct 17 by OriginalMarkyP

You seriously think that what I'm saying in the comment you are replying to is wrong? Seriously?

I think you are a bit OTT about it all. You are not the only one with concerns, but similarly there are others less vocal who can see progress despite the disappointments.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:27 - Oct 17 with 468 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:15 - Oct 17 by bobbyramsey

What's wrong with an away point?

It's the predictable nature of the capitulations that's wrong.

The fragility is our rotten core and he does not appear to know how to fix it. We're about to play quite a tough run of games.

Those teams will have seen where our weakness is. They have the weapons to exploit it. Quite possibly about to get considerably worse.

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:28 - Oct 17 with 451 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:24 - Oct 17 by Fixed_It

Were you a Lambert fan? That would make sense...
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 15:24]

No. I wasn't.

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:31 - Oct 17 with 434 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Has Cook gone yet? on 15:26 - Oct 17 by Fixed_It

I think you are a bit OTT about it all. You are not the only one with concerns, but similarly there are others less vocal who can see progress despite the disappointments.

So we sleepily snooze our way deeper into mediocrity? Because that seems to happening. Even with all these new players.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024