Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Mighty Flynn 17:28 - Oct 17 with 2288 viewsMullet

What a shame for us he’s outgrown us alongside other failures last season.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The Mighty Flynn on 17:30 - Oct 17 with 1956 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To be fair, in terms of "alongside other failures last season", Flynn is the exception rather than the rule.

That said, I wish him well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The Mighty Flynn on 17:45 - Oct 17 with 1852 viewstimothyeo

Real shame the manager, club etc couldn't get him to stay. He is head and shoulders above our current midfield options.
The Mighty Flynn on 17:47 - Oct 17 with 1835 viewsRomeo4

The Mighty Flynn on 17:45 - Oct 17 by timothyeo

Real shame the manager, club etc couldn't get him to stay. He is head and shoulders above our current midfield options.

A really good player but we never found the right midfield blend to bring the best out of him here. Wish him well.
The Mighty Flynn on 17:51 - Oct 17 with 1805 viewswkj

I doubt that was ever possible.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Mighty Flynn on 17:58 - Oct 17 with 1751 viewsKeaneish

4-weeks ago Morsy was better given his international status and the plaudits he was getting as a first team regular. 3-weeks ago Morsy put in an outstanding debut performance. Now Downes is better because Town failed to pick up a win whereas Swansea beat a poor Cardiff side In which Flynn had a good game. If any post ever epitomised the fickleness and short-sightedness of football fans, this is it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The Mighty Flynn on 18:11 - Oct 17 with 1700 viewsSuperblue95

Did anyone ever call Flynn a failure?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The Mighty Flynn on 18:19 - Oct 17 with 1656 viewsTractorCam

Not sure Flynn was ever called a failure?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The Mighty Flynn on 18:32 - Oct 17 with 1614 viewsBurns7

We would have been promoted in 2020 had Lambert not chosen to not play half the games when we had momentum to build up games in hand, only to lose all of them, we’d have been promoted with PPG and Downes would still be a Town player.

Two years on we have another clueless muppet in post pushing the club further into the mire. My hope is we actually replace him with a manager of some pedigree next time, not a has been or one of these up and coming types who always f’ up here like Keane, Hurst and Cook.
Login to get fewer ads

The Mighty Flynn on 18:34 - Oct 17 with 1599 viewsBurns7

The Mighty Flynn on 17:58 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

4-weeks ago Morsy was better given his international status and the plaudits he was getting as a first team regular. 3-weeks ago Morsy put in an outstanding debut performance. Now Downes is better because Town failed to pick up a win whereas Swansea beat a poor Cardiff side In which Flynn had a good game. If any post ever epitomised the fickleness and short-sightedness of football fans, this is it.

Downes is a better player than Morsy, which is why ones stepped up to progress his career and the other has joined his mate on a jolly in a lower league. I’d rather have Bishop playing than the like if Harper, Edwards, Morsy and co. Burns is a good player but the rest are League One through and through. The results don’t lie.
The Mighty Flynn on 18:36 - Oct 17 with 1592 viewsJ2BLUE

Meh. Would have been nice if he stayed. He didn't want to. Now he's just another player to me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Mighty Flynn on 18:41 - Oct 17 with 1572 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was there today and kept a close eye on him and Moore. Flynn was immense. As has been the way so far with them, he played a really simple game in possession (rarely takes a risk or looks to break the lines). Off the ball though he was particularly impressive, as summed up by how he broke up the attack and set Swansea on the way for their third.

He’s just being managed properly, that’s all it is. He’s got a clearly defined role in a team that plays a clearly defined way. It’s a shame he came through here under frauds of managers.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What tosh on 18:55 - Oct 17 with 1500 viewsunstableblue

I and so many really rated Flynn, he was absolutely someone that it was a concern we let go. But in reality he had never been the same since the Palace move was turned down he needed to move on.

So who else are you referring to? Wilson would be valid perhaps.

Chambers and Ward were awful last season, awful.

Dozzell powder puff and doesn’t even make bench at QPR.

Skuse was completely past it. Sears hadn’t played well for seasons.

Judge never performed for us despite in my view being a good player

Lankester injury prone, and that continues

Edwards has been an unused sub for weeks

I could go on.

You gonna start banging about Mick again?’ Go on the Cardiff forum and realise how wrong you’ve always been

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

The Mighty Flynn on 18:57 - Oct 17 with 1487 viewsKeaneish

The Mighty Flynn on 18:34 - Oct 17 by Burns7

Downes is a better player than Morsy, which is why ones stepped up to progress his career and the other has joined his mate on a jolly in a lower league. I’d rather have Bishop playing than the like if Harper, Edwards, Morsy and co. Burns is a good player but the rest are League One through and through. The results don’t lie.

I’m a big Downes fan and he’s a huge miss. The rest of your post is at odds with reality.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Exactly on 18:58 - Oct 17 with 1484 viewsunstableblue

The Mighty Flynn on 18:36 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

Meh. Would have been nice if he stayed. He didn't want to. Now he's just another player to me.

What a stupid post from the OP

I was one of Flyns biggest fans, rated him highly and used to get shot down for it.

I said Morsy was an upgrade on Flynn because frankly as you state Flynn simply didn’t want to be here… but I think flynn will have a far superior career

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Exactly on 19:03 - Oct 17 with 1453 viewsitfcjoe

Exactly on 18:58 - Oct 17 by unstableblue

What a stupid post from the OP

I was one of Flyns biggest fans, rated him highly and used to get shot down for it.

I said Morsy was an upgrade on Flynn because frankly as you state Flynn simply didn’t want to be here… but I think flynn will have a far superior career

Shot down for rating out best player? What are you on?!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Exactly on 19:09 - Oct 17 with 1409 viewsMullet

Exactly on 19:03 - Oct 17 by itfcjoe

The back foot as ever. Imagine agreeing with me yet again then calling my OP stupid eh? Maybe my posts just aren’t technical enough?

The Mighty Flynn on 19:15 - Oct 17 with 1392 viewsMullet

The Mighty Flynn on 18:41 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

I was there today and kept a close eye on him and Moore. Flynn was immense. As has been the way so far with them, he played a really simple game in possession (rarely takes a risk or looks to break the lines). Off the ball though he was particularly impressive, as summed up by how he broke up the attack and set Swansea on the way for their third.

He’s just being managed properly, that’s all it is. He’s got a clearly defined role in a team that plays a clearly defined way. It’s a shame he came through here under frauds of managers.

It’s pretty damning to hear you say that if Cook

Exactly on 19:21 - Oct 17 with 1354 viewsunstableblue

Exactly on 19:03 - Oct 17 by itfcjoe

Oh come on Joe

I rated Downes more than most and got slated for it

But as I posted above he didn’t want to be here - and needed to go

Slated for this: “What a shame for us he’s outgrown us alongside other failures last season.“

They WERE failures last season and in the main have continued to fail

Now Cook is making this current crop falter.., but let’s not have usual TWTD rewriting history bollox

Like painting micks tenure as great… and ignoring the utter cl@sterf@ck going on at Cardiff

Is it only Wilson and Downes who have prospered? (n/t) on 19:23 - Oct 17 with 1339 viewsunstableblue

The Mighty Flynn on 17:30 - Oct 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair, in terms of "alongside other failures last season", Flynn is the exception rather than the rule.

That said, I wish him well.

Exactly on 19:41 - Oct 17 with 1248 views_sanctimoanious_

Exactly on 19:21 - Oct 17 by unstableblue

Oh come on Joe

Slated for this: “What a shame for us he’s outgrown us alongside other failures last season.“

Now Cook is making this current crop falter.., but let’s not have usual TWTD rewriting history bollox

Like painting micks tenure as great… and ignoring the utter cl@sterf@ck going on at Cardiff

Now now, Joe knows best.

Flynn wanted to leave and left. The end.

Glad to see him and the Swans storming the league.
The Mighty Flynn on 19:47 - Oct 17 with 1230 viewswaveneyblue

The Mighty Flynn on 18:32 - Oct 17 by Burns7

We would have been promoted in 2020 had Lambert not chosen to not play half the games when we had momentum to build up games in hand, only to lose all of them, we’d have been promoted with PPG and Downes would still be a Town player.

Two years on we have another clueless muppet in post pushing the club further into the mire. My hope is we actually replace him with a manager of some pedigree next time, not a has been or one of these up and coming types who always f’ up here like Keane, Hurst and Cook.

Not sure Cook has ever been a clueless muppet.

His a tried and tested successful manager at this level.

But I'm sure you know best
Exactly on 20:03 - Oct 17 with 1160 viewsitfcjoe

Exactly on 19:21 - Oct 17 by unstableblue

Oh come on Joe

No one slated you for rating Downes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Mighty Flynn on 20:10 - Oct 17 with 1118 viewstimothyeo

The Mighty Flynn on 17:58 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

I've not for one minute thought or claimed Morsy is a better player than Downes because he isn't.
The Mighty Flynn on 20:11 - Oct 17 with 1117 viewsSkip_Intro

Didn't want to be here since 2019-20 - glad he's gone. Can't understand the hero worship he gets on here - it's not even as if He'S oNe Of OuR oWn...
The Mighty Flynn on 21:05 - Oct 17 with 984 viewsStenvict

The Mighty Flynn on 20:11 - Oct 17 by Skip_Intro

Didn't want to be here since 2019-20 - glad he's gone. Can't understand the hero worship he gets on here - it's not even as if He'S oNe Of OuR oWn...

With regards to this whole "didn't want to be here" nonsense, surely everyone can see he just wanted to further his career by moving to a club in a higher league than us. I'm sure if you ask almost every one of our current players if they would like to move to a Championship club if we don't go up this year, they'd all say yes.

Poll: What will be announced first?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024