Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If mick is wanted back 20:35 - Oct 17 with 2068 viewschrismakin

Shall we go for fat Sam instead?

Not really any different are they?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If mick is wanted back on 21:13 - Oct 17 with 1528 viewsEastTownBlue

Always a post to guarantee some down arrows.
If mick is wanted back on 21:18 - Oct 17 with 1507 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If you honestly cannot tell the difference between MM and Allardyce you really are far more stupid than anyone has yet given you credit for.

I get there are a few who hate MM as much as Allardyce but to think they are the same means you are either far too young to remember Allardyce managing Bolton or just plain ridiculously stupid. Either way, learn some history of ITFC before posting such ridiculous nonsense.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If mick is wanted back on 21:19 - Oct 17 with 1503 viewschrismakin

If mick is wanted back on 21:13 - Oct 17 by EastTownBlue

Always a post to guarantee some down arrows.

Not sure why it would get them tho.

What has mick done that sam hasnt
Yet sam gets mentioned in some posts and the same ones wanting mick back are the same who say absolutely not to sam its bizarre.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

If mick is wanted back on 21:20 - Oct 17 with 1489 viewsbazza

Stick that big wooden spoon in and give it a good stir buh.
If mick is wanted back on 21:20 - Oct 17 with 1483 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If mick is wanted back on 21:19 - Oct 17 by chrismakin

Yet sam gets mentioned in some posts and the same ones wanting mick back are the same who say absolutely not to sam its bizarre.

You are the bizarre one. Learn some ITFC history!

Allardyce didn't save ITFC..... on 21:23 - Oct 17 with 1471 viewsBloots

If mick is wanted back on 21:19 - Oct 17 by chrismakin

...from relegation to the 3rd Division.

Mick did.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

If mick is wanted back on 21:26 - Oct 17 with 1464 viewschrismakin

If mick is wanted back on 21:20 - Oct 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

You are the bizarre one. Learn some ITFC history!

Manager moans about ref performance

Manager calls own fans numbskulls and tells them to fk off.

Next..

If mick is wanted back on 21:29 - Oct 17 with 1447 viewsSitfcB

Fat Sam is a crook.

MM is a respected member of the footballing community.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

If mick is wanted back on 21:32 - Oct 17 with 1426 viewschrismakin

If mick is wanted back on 21:29 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

Fat Sam is a crook.

Weve got a drink driver striker
Domestic abuse coach
Etc.

Dont think sam would be a no go for the new owners tbh based on off field issues.

If mick is wanted back on 21:38 - Oct 17 with 1400 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If mick is wanted back on 21:32 - Oct 17 by chrismakin

Domestic abuse coach
Etc.

Dont think sam would be a no go for the new owners tbh based on off field issues.

So you are changing from "they are the same" to we should accept him because there are similar in the current set-up!

Still unsure whether you are trolling or stupid.

If mick is wanted back on 21:38 - Oct 17 with 1398 viewsSitfcB

If mick is wanted back on 21:32 - Oct 17 by chrismakin

Domestic abuse coach
Etc.

...and on the field issues.

COYB

If mick is wanted back on 21:41 - Oct 17 with 1384 viewscoleking

If mick is wanted back on 21:38 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

...and on the field issues.

Pretty sure Mick wouldn’t swallow his pride but would have him back in a heartbeat over PC

Poll: Cook out

If mick is wanted back on 21:41 - Oct 17 with 1379 viewsSitfcB

If mick is wanted back on 21:41 - Oct 17 by coleking

Pretty sure Mick wouldn’t swallow his pride but would have him back in a heartbeat over PC

There’s no way he’d ever be back here.

COYB

If mick is wanted back on 21:42 - Oct 17 with 1373 viewschrismakin

If mick is wanted back on 21:38 - Oct 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

So you are changing from "they are the same" to we should accept him because there are similar in the current set-up!

Still unsure whether you are trolling or stupid.

? I'm saying having an off field issue wouldnt be something to chalk him off for clearly based on current staff off field issues.

You said there are clear differences between them as managers. What is it exactly? It's ok to feel that. But share why.

I'm intrigued based on football itself and management itself why a large batch of mick lovers wouldnt want fat sam. That's the question which as yet hasnt been answered in this thread.

If mick is wanted back on 21:48 - Oct 17 with 1347 viewsdominiciawful

I'd rather inject my own faeces.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

If mick is wanted back on 21:49 - Oct 17 with 1346 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If mick is wanted back on 21:42 - Oct 17 by chrismakin

? I'm saying having an off field issue wouldnt be something to chalk him off for clearly based on current staff off field issues.

You said there are clear differences between them as managers. What is it exactly? It's ok to feel that. But share why.

I'm intrigued based on football itself and management itself why a large batch of mick lovers wouldnt want fat sam. That's the question which as yet hasnt been answered in this thread.

Mick McCarthy turned ITFC from relegation certainties to play off contenders on a tight budget. He is a respectable manager who has always had a wry sense of humour and allowed some fans who had very high expectations to get under his skin. He said some things he shouldn't have done because he cared. He won't be back and so the obsession from some on here is fairly pointless.

Sam Allardyce is a wide boy who hates ITFC to the core after we (in his eyes) conned him out of promotion to the Premier League when we got the better of them on the pitch.

Regardless what you think of their management styles, Allardyce should never be thought of as anywhere close to a manager for ITFC. McCarthy is ITFC history and probably just about the best bit of it for the past 15 years.

Tell me, why can you not see the difference between them? To me it is a bit like saying nothing wrong with Daniel Farke, what's the difference between him and George Burley? Or nothing wrong with Lambert, whats the difference between him and Alan Lee?

If mick is wanted back on 22:08 - Oct 17 with 1299 viewschrismakin

If mick is wanted back on 21:49 - Oct 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Mick McCarthy turned ITFC from relegation certainties to play off contenders on a tight budget. He is a respectable manager who has always had a wry sense of humour and allowed some fans who had very high expectations to get under his skin. He said some things he shouldn't have done because he cared. He won't be back and so the obsession from some on here is fairly pointless.

Sam Allardyce is a wide boy who hates ITFC to the core after we (in his eyes) conned him out of promotion to the Premier League when we got the better of them on the pitch.

Regardless what you think of their management styles, Allardyce should never be thought of as anywhere close to a manager for ITFC. McCarthy is ITFC history and probably just about the best bit of it for the past 15 years.

Tell me, why can you not see the difference between them? To me it is a bit like saying nothing wrong with Daniel Farke, what's the difference between him and George Burley? Or nothing wrong with Lambert, whats the difference between him and Alan Lee?

Not quite sure why youd compare a player with a manager tho so thats not relevant.

Farke. Burley. Burley edges it of course. Nodge would probably say different.

But again you're talking sentiment with mick.
Weve no time for sentiment. We need results and promotion. The idea mick is a better idea just because hed already managed here imo doesnt make sense when there are many managers of similar ilk to mick. Sam being one of them.

If mick is wanted back on 22:10 - Oct 17 with 1280 viewsHerbivore

Kids, don't opt for an elective lobotomy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If mick is wanted back on 22:15 - Oct 17 with 1281 viewsSuperCoops

If mick is wanted back on 21:29 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

Fat Sam is a crook.

If mick is wanted back on 22:16 - Oct 17 with 1272 viewsSitfcB

If mick is wanted back on 22:15 - Oct 17 by SuperCoops

A lot of the fans deserved that one.

COYB

If mick is wanted back on 22:23 - Oct 17 with 1245 viewsmutters

Did I seriously just read that an Ipswich fans wants Sam Alladyce as our next manager?!?

Unbelievable Jeff...

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

If mick is wanted back on 22:24 - Oct 17 with 1235 viewsSuperCoops

If mick is wanted back on 22:16 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

A lot of the fans deserved that one.

Some would say Mick deserved some of the stick.
If mick is wanted back on 22:24 - Oct 17 with 1236 viewsmutters

If mick is wanted back on 22:15 - Oct 17 by SuperCoops

Yep and the fans deserved it. A section of them were absolute d!cks to him and he has every right to fire back.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

If mick is wanted back on 23:51 - Oct 17 with 1089 viewstimothyeo

Well, Allardyce hates us and without speaking for all Town fans, I certainly hate him too.

Mick on the other hand kept us in the championship with one of the lowest budgets, even into the playoffs which for comparison would be like Cambridge finishing in the playoffs this season in terms of finances.

Mick is 10x the manager of Cook so I guess that's the primary reason why. Because of associated history and fans treatment of him it'll never happen, obviously, and I don't think going back is typically a good idea, but do I think had we not had mick in charge before, replaced Cook with Mick next week would we get playoffs? Almost definitely.
If mick is wanted back on 00:27 - Oct 18 with 1058 viewsSuperCoops

If mick is wanted back on 22:24 - Oct 17 by mutters

Yep and the fans deserved it. A section of them were absolute d!cks to him and he has every right to fire back.

It's quite funny, because I remember reading this forum at that time and 99.9% of people were giving McCarthy pelters on here. You would have been hard pressed to find anyone liking him or wanting him to remain at the club.

Now he's lauded as some sort of hero. Some of you have very short memories.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024