Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If mick is wanted back 20:35 - Oct 17 with 2084 viewschrismakin

Shall we go for fat Sam instead?

Not really any different are they?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If mick is wanted back on 01:09 - Oct 18 with 454 viewsmutters

If mick is wanted back on 00:27 - Oct 18 by SuperCoops

It's quite funny, because I remember reading this forum at that time and 99.9% of people were giving McCarthy pelters on here. You would have been hard pressed to find anyone liking him or wanting him to remain at the club.

Now he's lauded as some sort of hero. Some of you have very short memories.

Interesting stat you proclaim 99.9% eh? That is clearly not true and very similar to the fact that 87.67% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

There was a desire for change, and this board had (has? ;-) )a few numptys who were being over the top and abusive towards him, however, most who wanted change didn't go about it by hurling abuse or being a d!ck towards him. A lot of people were bored of his brand and wanted something different, and that's fair, it's their right as a paying customer. However, being abusive to him was not their right. That's the core of this, how he was treated towards the end not whether his time was up.

Feel free to check people posting history before posting such inaccurate stats, you might find it is you with the dodgy memory.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

If mick is wanted back on 07:23 - Oct 18 with 388 viewsHerbivore

If mick is wanted back on 00:27 - Oct 18 by SuperCoops

It's quite funny, because I remember reading this forum at that time and 99.9% of people were giving McCarthy pelters on here. You would have been hard pressed to find anyone liking him or wanting him to remain at the club.

Now he's lauded as some sort of hero. Some of you have very short memories.

I don't think that's accurate to be honest. Whilst only a couple of people wanted him to stay, there were plenty of people like myself who thought his time was up but that he'd done a good job here and deserved much better than he got from the numbskull element of our fan base.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If mick is wanted back on 07:47 - Oct 18 with 369 viewshype313

If mick is wanted back on 07:23 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

I don't think that's accurate to be honest. Whilst only a couple of people wanted him to stay, there were plenty of people like myself who thought his time was up but that he'd done a good job here and deserved much better than he got from the numbskull element of our fan base.

Yep, recall that was the general consensus.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If mick is wanted back on 07:53 - Oct 18 with 360 viewsElephantintheRoom

Why not Brucey - with Fat Sam and McCarthy as executive assistants? Why have just one failed and useless ex-Sunderland manager when you can soon have three?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If mick is wanted back on 08:08 - Oct 18 with 353 viewsSenatorBlue

Let’s bring back either Keane or Duncan. Never flirted with relegation with them either, and look at Duncan’s win rate. It would be blinding.

[note tone of sarcasm]

As much a MM worked wonders on a nothing budget, and we were safe in the championship, the football was beyond shocking and dull. and has been anywhere else he’s been since. That we’ve been unable to find a manager to get a tune from us since is a different matter, and in no way should make MM and appealing rose tinted messiah like option.

Cook will come good. Time for us to stop being a load of big fannies.
If mick is wanted back on 08:12 - Oct 18 with 350 viewsHerbivore

If mick is wanted back on 08:08 - Oct 18 by SenatorBlue

Let’s bring back either Keane or Duncan. Never flirted with relegation with them either, and look at Duncan’s win rate. It would be blinding.

[note tone of sarcasm]

As much a MM worked wonders on a nothing budget, and we were safe in the championship, the football was beyond shocking and dull. and has been anywhere else he’s been since. That we’ve been unable to find a manager to get a tune from us since is a different matter, and in no way should make MM and appealing rose tinted messiah like option.

Cook will come good. Time for us to stop being a load of big fannies.

Those of us who would like to see some evidence that Cook will come good aren't "fannies", just realists. He's shown nothing in his 8 months here to suggest he can get us consistently showing promotion form, those who think he will come good are basing that on blind faith in his past successes and nothing more. I hope that blind faith ends up being well placed but the reasoned position at the moment is to be sceptical that it will.

If mick is wanted back on 08:22 - Oct 18 with 344 viewsSenatorBlue

If mick is wanted back on 08:12 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

Those of us who would like to see some evidence that Cook will come good aren't "fannies", just realists. He's shown nothing in his 8 months here to suggest he can get us consistently showing promotion form, those who think he will come good are basing that on blind faith in his past successes and nothing more. I hope that blind faith ends up being well placed but the reasoned position at the moment is to be sceptical that it will.

Trust me, I’m still to be convinced, just feel it is currently way to early to be going full on ‘out’, as some on here appear to be.
If mick is wanted back on 08:26 - Oct 18 with 341 viewsHerbivore

If mick is wanted back on 08:22 - Oct 18 by SenatorBlue

Trust me, I’m still to be convinced, just feel it is currently way to early to be going full on ‘out’, as some on here appear to be.

I don't agree that it's way too early. He's had about 30 games here now and has won less than a quarter of them. That's continued across this season despite the squad looking much stronger on paper and many of the issues from last season, especially our ability to play away from home, are still evident. I just said on another thread that it's very rare for a manager to start as badly as he's started here and still go on to be a success. I wouldn't argue too much with anyone calling for a change now. I certainly wouldn't call them a fanny. For me I'll see where we are at the end of this month. That'll be three months of the season gone, a third of our fixtures. We should have an idea then about whether or not Cook can do anything with us this season.

Login to get fewer ads

If mick is wanted back on 08:58 - Oct 18 with 318 viewsSenatorBlue

If mick is wanted back on 08:26 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

I don't agree that it's way too early. He's had about 30 games here now and has won less than a quarter of them. That's continued across this season despite the squad looking much stronger on paper and many of the issues from last season, especially our ability to play away from home, are still evident. I just said on another thread that it's very rare for a manager to start as badly as he's started here and still go on to be a success. I wouldn't argue too much with anyone calling for a change now. I certainly wouldn't call them a fanny. For me I'll see where we are at the end of this month. That'll be three months of the season gone, a third of our fixtures. We should have an idea then about whether or not Cook can do anything with us this season.

True, but currently sit 6 in the form table, with one defeat in 6. Hardly time right now for pitch forks, even though still to be convinced.

Rest of this month will show if progress being made, with tougher fixtures.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 9:00]
If mick is wanted back on 09:22 - Oct 18 with 304 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If mick is wanted back on 07:53 - Oct 18 by ElephantintheRoom

Why not Brucey - with Fat Sam and McCarthy as executive assistants? Why have just one failed and useless ex-Sunderland manager when you can soon have three?

Just to point out that of those 3 failed Sunderland managers, one promoted them to the PL, another led them to their best league finish in the last 20 years and the other took over when they were winless in their first 8, kept them up and then left to take the England job

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

If mick is wanted back on 10:10 - Oct 18 with 287 viewsDMDC

What planet are you on ? Mick every time. Big Sam is a definite no no after his time at Bolton or arnt you old enough to know the history there ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024