Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Few more thoughts 21:15 - Oct 17 with 1311 viewsBluefish

We had a 20 minute spell at the start of the 2nd half where we played the football we need to play. We passed we purpose looking to create gaps and exploit.

The 1st half was OK but still too often it is a mix of possession for the sake of it and hoofed balls from the cbs. I really doubt a team passes backwards as often as us, obviously many do pass backwards in the modern chess football but there is a purpose to it to find a gap or an opening. For us too often it literally goes back every 3rd pass for the sake of it, there is no plan

We have to find multiple ways to play but that spellbis plan A.

I could talk about improving and turning corners if I couldnsee that more often. I can't though so for me we are still patchy and without a set plan. That is unacceptable at this stage

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Few more thoughts on 22:25 - Oct 17 with 1210 viewsGarv

The first half performance was basically perfect I thought. We caused them problems through a mix of what you mentioned, possession and directness.

And you're right, second half we looked so comfortable for a good portion of it. Then the subs came. After that we had pretty much no possession in their half.

Morsy is not as positive as he could be with the ball. El Mizouni I felt showed him up somewhat in this respect yesterday. He either takes too long choosing what to do with it or doesn't take on the risky forward pass that's needed. Of course he's got good traits and he has a great ability to skip away from players when in a tight spot - I'd just like to see him do it more and be more positive when looking for a pass.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Few more thoughts on 22:42 - Oct 17 with 1167 viewsIllinoisblue

Few more thoughts on 22:25 - Oct 17 by Garv

The first half performance was basically perfect I thought. We caused them problems through a mix of what you mentioned, possession and directness.

And you're right, second half we looked so comfortable for a good portion of it. Then the subs came. After that we had pretty much no possession in their half.

Morsy is not as positive as he could be with the ball. El Mizouni I felt showed him up somewhat in this respect yesterday. He either takes too long choosing what to do with it or doesn't take on the risky forward pass that's needed. Of course he's got good traits and he has a great ability to skip away from players when in a tight spot - I'd just like to see him do it more and be more positive when looking for a pass.

Morsy is not much of an upgrade on a fit Skuse. Does the simple things well enough but not a lot else.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

No one should be happy about Saturday, but there seems to be a collective on 22:42 - Oct 17 with 1168 viewsunstableblue

Few more thoughts on 22:25 - Oct 17 by Garv

Amnesia about how good we were first half

Honestly the board is in melt down… rightly because it was in Cambridge in league feckin 1… but it wasn’t the Bolton performance

And it wasn’t a sackable performance

Check your heads

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Few more thoughts on 23:43 - Oct 17 with 1093 viewsGarv

Few more thoughts on 22:42 - Oct 17 by Illinoisblue

Morsy is not much of an upgrade on a fit Skuse. Does the simple things well enough but not a lot else.

He did have a shot yesterday to be fair.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Few more thoughts on 07:27 - Oct 18 with 942 viewsPlums

He’s gone significantly downhill since I saw him against Doncaster then! That night from my recollection, he made one backwards pass (80+minute) and looked to drive the team forwards with every opportunity.
There is something materially wrong if we’ve turned him into a Skuse.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Few more thoughts on 07:30 - Oct 18 with 931 viewsHerbivore

Few more thoughts on 07:27 - Oct 18 by Plums

He’s gone significantly downhill since I saw him against Doncaster then! That night from my recollection, he made one backwards pass (80+minute) and looked to drive the team forwards with every opportunity.
There is something materially wrong if we’ve turned him into a Skuse.

We won't have an easier game all season than that Doncaster game. They seemingly had no real interest in stopping us playing or in trying to impose their own game. I could have played for us that night and we'd still have won. Morsy has looked less effective against sides with a bit of urgency in their play, which is a worry.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Few more thoughts on 07:35 - Oct 18 with 914 viewshype313

Yeah, I've been underwhelmed by the so called messiah.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Few more thoughts on 07:42 - Oct 18 with 897 viewsurbanblue

Yes, we were knocking it about and looking for gaps but couldn't really find them. It needed more movement inside from the flanks.

There was one time in the second half that stood out for me as being really noticeable. We were passing it around inside the Cambridge half. The ball was played from one side to the other and back again two or three times. All looked good but it was noticeable that Bonne was totally alone centrally on the edge of the Cambridge box. There were about seven or eight Cambridge players spread across without one other Town player in the vicinity. I remember screaming at the screen for someone to make a run inside from the flank to offer something different and an option.

Once again, as we've said before it's about having a plan B. Teams know our game plan ...
Login to get fewer ads

Few more thoughts on 07:59 - Oct 18 with 845 viewsElephantintheRoom

You need to accept that the Franchise is a job lot of opportunists, many of whom will not settle, fit in, or indeed be any good. On and off the pitch. Some will be OK - more or less on a par with the top ten players they replaced - and one looks to be an improvement - but alas he is a QPR player.

It's a long haul back to where Town were pre-Franchise when Cook took a wrecking ball to a team on the cusp of the play-offs

That Grimsby manager is doing a good job - perhaps you'd like him?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Few more thoughts on 08:10 - Oct 18 with 808 viewsFixed_It

Few more thoughts on 07:59 - Oct 18 by ElephantintheRoom

You need to accept that the Franchise is a job lot of opportunists, many of whom will not settle, fit in, or indeed be any good. On and off the pitch. Some will be OK - more or less on a par with the top ten players they replaced - and one looks to be an improvement - but alas he is a QPR player.

It's a long haul back to where Town were pre-Franchise when Cook took a wrecking ball to a team on the cusp of the play-offs

'A team on the cusp of the play-offs'. If you think that team would have got beyond the semi-finals of the play-offs, had they miraculously made it that far, then you are seriously deluded.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Few more thoughts on 08:13 - Oct 18 with 788 viewsHerbivore

Few more thoughts on 08:10 - Oct 18 by Fixed_It

'A team on the cusp of the play-offs'. If you think that team would have got beyond the semi-finals of the play-offs, had they miraculously made it that far, then you are seriously deluded.

Probably not with Cook in charge, no. But he made sure that it was a moot point anyway.

Few more thoughts on 08:59 - Oct 18 with 708 viewsFixed_It

Few more thoughts on 08:13 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

Probably not with Cook in charge, no. But he made sure that it was a moot point anyway.

And Lambert? Hmmm...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Few more thoughts on 09:43 - Oct 18 with 644 viewsHerbivore

Few more thoughts on 08:59 - Oct 18 by Fixed_It

And Lambert? Hmmm...

Worryingly our record under Lambert at this level was significantly better than it's been under Cook.

Few more thoughts on 10:27 - Oct 18 with 558 viewsleitrimblue

Few more thoughts on 08:13 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

That team would have struggled to get beyond the semis with Klopp in charge
Few more thoughts on 10:28 - Oct 18 with 554 viewsZXBlue

Few more thoughts on 07:59 - Oct 18 by ElephantintheRoom

Isn't it time this rather pathetic parody of a poster took a break?
Few more thoughts on 10:48 - Oct 18 with 522 viewsHerbivore

Few more thoughts on 10:27 - Oct 18 by leitrimblue

That team would have struggled to get beyond the semis with Klopp in charge

Didn't Lambert beat Blackpool twice? Who won the play offs last season again?

Few more thoughts on 11:33 - Oct 18 with 476 viewsRobTheMonk

I'm worried about the tactical naivety. Parking the bus isn't a popular tactic, but we needed some defensive or midfield backup on Saturday and what we got was a like for like swap of the front players.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 11:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024