Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! 22:30 - Oct 17 with 1795 viewsunstableblue

KOA are our most balanced commentators and they stated Saturday that at times we were ‘outstanding’, is it entertaining often, yes, is our defence sh!t at times, yes, do we have a glass jaw, definitely, can cook turn it around and sort the defence… 50/50…. Was Saturday a sackable performance.. definitely not… so hang in there…. We’ve got November… some REAL opposition… and five points to close…. We’ve got Pompey, Sunderland, Oxford, Rotherham… different gravy.. if we’re closer to play offs by the Crewe game keep him… if we’re not sack him… simples

You do not throw away cook and his recruitment lightly, he is not hurst… these are not hurst performances… but YES… it is very very worrying… if we see anything like a Bolton performance in Oct/Nov then get rid earlier….

We’ve entered that critical moment in the ‘project’. Tuesday will be telling.

And please God, go and look at the Cardiff forum if you want to continue this Mick silliness… have you all had a lobotomy

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 22:33 - Oct 17 with 1575 viewsHerbivore

Yet another thread bringing up our former, former, former manager. It's obsessive at this point.

Cook has the next three games for me and then I'll review. Really need to pick up 6 points from them as an absolute minimum, ideally 7 or 9.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 22:48 - Oct 17 with 1499 viewsunstableblue

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 22:33 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Yet another thread bringing up our former, former, former manager. It's obsessive at this point.

Cook has the next three games for me and then I'll review. Really need to pick up 6 points from them as an absolute minimum, ideally 7 or 9.

Oh come on Herbivore give me some credit here

The ridiculous volume of posts about Mick coming back and being some force of good needed calling out. People tweeting “mickin” for gods sake!! Come on. I’ll say it again go and look on the Cardiff forum.

3 games Herby, punchy and maybe fair… I think 5 would be fine… but as I stated at 3pm before Crewe we want to be I think play offs or 3,2, 1 points off… but critically not putting in a Bolton performance.., another one of those and he’s in sh!t

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 22:50 - Oct 17 with 1490 viewstimothyeo

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 22:33 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Worth noting that the main Mick thread was also started as a weird obsession to criticise his formation for Cardiff.
Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 22:52 - Oct 17 with 1480 viewsHerbivore

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 22:48 - Oct 17 by unstableblue

Oh come on Herbivore give me some credit here

The ridiculous volume of posts about Mick coming back and being some force of good needed calling out. People tweeting “mickin” for gods sake!! Come on. I’ll say it again go and look on the Cardiff forum.

3 games Herby, punchy and maybe fair… I think 5 would be fine… but as I stated at 3pm before Crewe we want to be I think play offs or 3,2, 1 points off… but critically not putting in a Bolton performance.., another one of those and he’s in sh!t

I don't follow ITFC twitter but I'd say 90% of the threads on Mick started on here are by those who are/were heavily critical of him. It seems to be some weird attempt to make them feel better about our current plight.

Three games takes us to the end of the month and a third of the way through the season. Seems an appropriate time to take stock.

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 22:57 - Oct 17 with 1461 viewspositivity

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 22:52 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

I don't follow ITFC twitter but I'd say 90% of the threads on Mick started on here are by those who are/were heavily critical of him. It seems to be some weird attempt to make them feel better about our current plight.

Three games takes us to the end of the month and a third of the way through the season. Seems an appropriate time to take stock.

think that's more to do with the conditions.

after an itfc win, the cook outers are quiet; after a loss, they're virulent

last season there were a lot of posts bigging up mccarthy from the mick stans, when he had that good run, this season, the balance has swung the other way.

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:01 - Oct 17 with 1447 viewsHerbivore

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 22:57 - Oct 17 by positivity

think that's more to do with the conditions.

after an itfc win, the cook outers are quiet; after a loss, they're virulent

last season there were a lot of posts bigging up mccarthy from the mick stans, when he had that good run, this season, the balance has swung the other way.

It's all rather strange. We've burned through two awful managers since he left and we've almost burned through a third. The number of threads started about him is odd.

Cook not out just yet is my stance, which annoyingly doesn't fit with the binary approach of TWTD.

You mean the Cardiff fans “weird obsession” with formation? on 23:03 - Oct 17 with 1445 viewsunstableblue

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 22:50 - Oct 17 by timothyeo

Worth noting that the main Mick thread was also started as a weird obsession to criticise his formation for Cardiff.

Cause they’re the ones slating it… and there the ones suffering it

Get over it

I’m his totality he was bad for us, in his totality he is bad for Cardiff

Move on

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:08 - Oct 17 with 1432 viewspositivity

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:01 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

It's all rather strange. We've burned through two awful managers since he left and we've almost burned through a third. The number of threads started about him is odd.

Cook not out just yet is my stance, which annoyingly doesn't fit with the binary approach of TWTD.

apart from a few special cases on each side, most are either:-

cook-out-if-he-doesn't-improve-in-the-next-x-games
or
cook-in-unless-he loses-the-next-x-games

in the end it's down to the board, and they keep backing cook (celina and morsy after a poor start, reid after an upturn etc), so i think he'll be here for a while yet, whatever we all think

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:10 - Oct 17 with 1424 viewsunstableblue

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:01 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

“Cook not out just yet is my stance”

That’s also mine…. Albeit yours is 3 games… mine is 7 games

But I do think Morsy is not settling/happy… and this could be very bad for cook

One thing though herby… we are still not yet at the cook selection that works… it may bizarrely by Crewe look something like this:

Walton
Donacien Edmundson Wolf Coulson
Evans El Miz
Burns Chaplin Edwards
Piggot

If you know what I mean, that it’s not settled …. (As in bonne gets a knock, and Piggot thrives)

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:11 - Oct 17 with 1425 viewsIllinoisblue

To be fair to Hurst, his struggles were Championship struggles. Oh to have such struggles now

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:17 - Oct 17 with 1402 viewsunstableblue

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:11 - Oct 17 by Illinoisblue

To be fair to Hurst, his struggles were Championship struggles. Oh to have such struggles now

And there you have the strongest reason not to give Cook more than Herbies 3 games and not my 7…. In that this is league frickin one!! And not the championship

But I’ll say it again this is also a nasty little league… and whilst we can look down your noses at it.. you ask Sunderland how easy it’s been to get out of it

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:35 - Oct 17 with 1377 viewsGarv

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:11 - Oct 17 by Illinoisblue

This doesn't make a lot of sense.

Hurst's 'struggles' were being unable to point points on the board and being bottom of the table. Our current ones are not being in the play offs or higher.

They're not the same.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 02:42 - Oct 18 with 1225 viewsIllinoisblue

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:35 - Oct 17 by Garv

Hurst's 'struggles' were being unable to point points on the board and being bottom of the table. Our current ones are not being in the play offs or higher.

They're not the same.

I know they’re not the same. That was indeed the point.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 07:19 - Oct 18 with 1065 viewsHerbivore

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:35 - Oct 17 by Garv

They're not the same.

If we're looking at an actual league position versus league position by budget/expectation comparison then Cook is currently doing worse than Hurst was. In fact he's doing worse than any manager since Jewell or Keane in that respect.

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:03 - Oct 18 with 891 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Throwing away cook doesn't mean throwing away his recruitment.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:08 - Oct 18 with 874 viewsdirtyboy

How on earth we are still only 5 points behind the playoff posititions is incredible.

It's that one thing that's keeping me calm.
You mean the Cardiff fans “weird obsession” with formation? on 09:14 - Oct 18 with 846 viewschicoazul

You mean the Cardiff fans “weird obsession” with formation? on 23:03 - Oct 17 by unstableblue

Cause they’re the ones slating it… and there the ones suffering it

Get over it

I’m his totality he was bad for us, in his totality he is bad for Cardiff

Move on

Totality….bad for us…..

Ahahahahahahahaaaaahahaha

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:14 - Oct 18 with 847 viewsnodge_blue

McCarthy is never coming back.

He wouldn't as a matter of pride.

And quite frankly he's not what we need.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:17 - Oct 18 with 840 viewsjayessess

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:17 - Oct 17 by unstableblue

And there you have the strongest reason not to give Cook more than Herbies 3 games and not my 7…. In that this is league frickin one!! And not the championship

But I’ll say it again this is also a nasty little league… and whilst we can look down your noses at it.. you ask Sunderland how easy it’s been to get out of it

Sunderland have made the play-offs in 2 out of their 3 seasons down here, which is more than you can say for us. Good chance they'd have done so 3 seasons in 3 if not for Covid.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:23 - Oct 18 with 807 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 23:17 - Oct 17 by unstableblue

Sunderland have made a meal of it statistically but they are making a much better fist of it than us. As a general point though, on the whole ‘difficult league to get out of’ point:

I don't hate Cook like I did Lambert by C_HealyIsAPleasure 4 Oct 2021 9:20
We’re certainly making harder work of it than most though

Looking at the big clubs that have come down to here in the last 20 or so years:

Man City, Leicester, Norwich, Wolves and Blackburn were all promoted at the first attempt

Sheffield Weds (1st time around) and Southampton did it second time around

Forest, Leeds and Charlton (twice) did it at the third go, all having made the playoffs beforehand. Leeds would have gone up automatically first time around had they not been deducted 15 points

Sunderland are on their 4th attempt but have made the playoffs twice, and currently sit second

Sheffield United are the outliers taking 6 seasons, but again did playoffs 3 times beforehand including their first 2 seasons

Portsmouth, Bolton and Coventry I think are somewhat different cases, given they were all basically bankrupt when they came down

So looking at like for like cases, if we don’t go up this season we’ll have taken longer than everyone bar Sunderland and Sheffield United, and we’re already behind the curve on those too having not even yet made the playoffs

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:24 - Oct 18 with 800 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘Poster that spends half his time scouring the Cardiff forum and posting about it on here tells others to stop obsessing over our former former manager’

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:30 - Oct 18 with 780 viewsitfcjoe

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:08 - Oct 18 by dirtyboy

How on earth we are still only 5 points behind the playoff posititions is incredible.

It's that one thing that's keeping me calm.

There's a 4 point gap between 5th and 6th which makes it all look better.

I don't expect Plymouth to carry their form on - but the fact Wycombe, Sunderland, Wigan and Rotherham are 9-12 points ahead (and 2 have a game in hand on us) is really telling. How do we claw that gap back?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:33 - Oct 18 with 766 viewsHerbivore

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:24 - Oct 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

‘Poster that spends half his time scouring the Cardiff forum and posting about it on here tells others to stop obsessing over our former former manager’

Indeed. And as I pointed out to him, 90% of threads started about Mick come from either him or others like him who are desperate to hark back to us being midtable in the Championship as being the worst thing that ever happened to the club, ignoring the reality that everything that's happened since has been worse. It's really odd. I liked Mick, thought he did a good job here, but more than happy to leave him in the past. I only defend him so the numbskulls don't get to rewrite history unchallenged.

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:34 - Oct 18 with 759 viewsHerbivore

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:30 - Oct 18 by itfcjoe

I don't expect Plymouth to carry their form on - but the fact Wycombe, Sunderland, Wigan and Rotherham are 9-12 points ahead (and 2 have a game in hand on us) is really telling. How do we claw that gap back?

They all go into administration maybe?

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:35 - Oct 18 with 748 viewstractorboy1978

Dear TWTD - keep calm and give Cook November and stop talking about Mick! on 09:30 - Oct 18 by itfcjoe

Those four sides look relentless at the moment. You'd expect them to all perhaps have little blips but cannot see them going on the sort of run we did in 2019/20 to drop out. We've left ourselves a hell of a lot to do. We are getting towards the territory of having to double them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024