Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine question... 10:00 - Oct 18 with 2712 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Has anyone seen evidence on the pitch this season that Edmundson and in particular Burgess offer anything more than Toto and Wolfenden?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Genuine question... on 17:25 - Oct 18 with 280 viewsHARRY10

Genuine question... on 13:54 - Oct 18 by LankHenners

That's not what I said. As I did say, for whatever reason we didn't get the defensive recruits in until later in the window which suggests we weren't able to get in our top targets.

That does seem to suggest it being the case. If so it begs the question of why not ?

One of the certainties some have been harping on about is that we are chequebook town, a club where money is no problem. Yet in the latter signings it has been a case of 'I signed because it was Paul"

Which rather suggests that having failed with a few others, the thought was

"I know what about 'so and so', I'll give him a call, he must have finished his bread round by now"
Genuine question... on 17:26 - Oct 18 with 282 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Genuine question... on 15:23 - Oct 18 by LankHenners

That’s just how you’ve, incorrectly, interpreted it.

Fair enough, apologies then. You can see how I did though?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Genuine question... on 18:43 - Oct 18 with 253 viewsPilgrimblue

Genuine question... on 14:58 - Oct 18 by Ely_Blue

I think you need to apply that in context of number of goals scored

There was an interesting point made on MOTD last night re Man Utd and how they don’t have enough players willing to do the tracking back etc compared to Liverpool Chelsea etc

This is a point i've made before. We have 4 defenders and 2 CM but the rest are all attack minded as a result any width from opposition and we're exposed There's not enough partnerships being developed (Millsy point) such as FBs getting help if we played 442. The two wide mids would see it as part of their job and the FBs wouldbe more inclined to link up rather than pass infiled most times.
This would then take some pressure off our CBs who wouldn't have to help the FBs and vise versa.
On top of that we have lone striker with three in support supposedly! Earlier on Chaplin looked lost and made very little impact. But now he seems to be getting about more and has played bigger part. But I'm not sure what the other two are doing. They havent been tracking back much and don't seem to have a role as I'm very disappointed with Fraser. Thankfully Aluko got going and looked like a 2nd striker which to me has been missing. If that continued then perhaps if Cook subbed earlier and Piggot could get on and use his height and maybe upset the opposition.
No surprise that I don't like 4231 but prefer 442 where we have 8 defending and 6 attacking!!
Genuine question... on 18:47 - Oct 18 with 251 viewsHeadWestBlue

Just seen Woolfie walking his dog so I guess he ain't going to Portsmouth.

I can't see Nsiala coming in for Burgess based on him being left footed.

It is my guess same pairing tomorrow night.
Genuine question... on 18:51 - Oct 18 with 246 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Genuine question... on 18:47 - Oct 18 by HeadWestBlue

Just seen Woolfie walking his dog so I guess he ain't going to Portsmouth.

I can't see Nsiala coming in for Burgess based on him being left footed.

It is my guess same pairing tomorrow night.

I'd imagine they'd be heading down tomorrow during the day? Not sure you'd need to stay overnight in a hotel for Portsmouth.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Genuine question... on 07:59 - Oct 19 with 180 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Genuine question... on 12:23 - Oct 18 by ZXBlue

Toto has been tarred with a reputation that the facts really don't deserve.

Troubling on a number of counts.

Come on he’s bang average and nothing like good enough for a team that wants to go places. I’m not convinced by those we have brought in either - shame we didn’t get that one from Luton because the defence to me looks very “lower league”. But bringing in Nsiala is not the answer.
Genuine question... on 08:15 - Oct 19 with 169 viewsZXBlue

Genuine question... on 07:59 - Oct 19 by PrideOfTheEast

Come on he’s bang average and nothing like good enough for a team that wants to go places. I’m not convinced by those we have brought in either - shame we didn’t get that one from Luton because the defence to me looks very “lower league”. But bringing in Nsiala is not the answer.

More than good enough for this division, and tarred with a brush of silly mistakes, arising from a poor red card decision and not much else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024