Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round 10:50 - Oct 18 with 1325 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/41267/cook-id-love-norwich-at-home-in-th

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 10:51 - Oct 18 with 1321 viewshype313

I'd love 3 points, let's concentrate on games we are playing, rather than hypothetical ones to generate some soundbites to appease the fans.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 11:22 - Oct 18 with 1251 viewsJ2BLUE

Let’s not delude ourselves. We would get hammered.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 11:29 - Oct 18 with 1230 viewsEwan_Oozami

Let's get past the first round before getting all excited...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 11:38 - Oct 18 with 1202 viewsRomeo4

Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 11:22 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

You’re right of course. Although hopefully by then we’re winning consistently and soaring up the league on a wave of confidence!!
Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 11:54 - Oct 18 with 1159 viewsDavoIPB

Please no, not the Norwich. That would be the worst tie we could get. Would be 5 or 6 nil at least. Bolton put five past our defence!

Still getting over the fact that Cook thought Cambridge was a big derby match and the winners would have bragging rights. Only if Cambridge won would there be any bragging.
Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 12:10 - Oct 18 with 1110 viewsSteve_M

Optimistic of him to think he'll still be here in January.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 12:28 - Oct 18 with 1068 viewshoppy

Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 12:10 - Oct 18 by Steve_M

Optimistic of him to think he'll still be here in January.

Optimistic of him to think we'll be in the third round, to be fair.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 16:28 - Oct 18 with 868 viewsClareBlue

Real strange thing to say.

First, we haven't got there and on recent history we won't,
Second, if it happens we will get stuffed,
Third, why?

but he can relax (figures extrapolated from previous sort of prices)

probability of reach 2nd round is around 80% if we take it seriously, or 50 to 60 if not, in the 2nd round if we are at home against a weak team it could be up to 60 to 70% if we are serious, or if away against strong L1 team 20-30% and lower end of that if we are playing the reserve team's brothers and sisters.

If we get there we have a 1 in 63 chance of it being Norwich we draw, or about 1.5% chance,

so the chances of it happening if Paul puts out our strongest to go for it and we get a good 2nd round draw is estimated at:
0.8 * 0.6 *0.015 = 0,0072

or if we have a bad 2nd round draw and put out a weak team:
0.6 * 0.2 *0.015 = 0.0018

in bookies terms this is somewhere between 138/1 to 555/1 on it happening, depending on draw and attitude to the cup.

so he might love it to happen, but at the absolute best chance, it will only happen 1 in 130 years at the standard we and Norwich are now at.
Login to get fewer ads

Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 16:48 - Oct 18 with 828 viewssidmouthblue

Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 16:28 - Oct 18 by ClareBlue

Real strange thing to say.

First, we haven't got there and on recent history we won't,
Second, if it happens we will get stuffed,
Third, why?

but he can relax (figures extrapolated from previous sort of prices)

probability of reach 2nd round is around 80% if we take it seriously, or 50 to 60 if not, in the 2nd round if we are at home against a weak team it could be up to 60 to 70% if we are serious, or if away against strong L1 team 20-30% and lower end of that if we are playing the reserve team's brothers and sisters.

If we get there we have a 1 in 63 chance of it being Norwich we draw, or about 1.5% chance,

so the chances of it happening if Paul puts out our strongest to go for it and we get a good 2nd round draw is estimated at:
0.8 * 0.6 *0.015 = 0,0072

or if we have a bad 2nd round draw and put out a weak team:
0.6 * 0.2 *0.015 = 0.0018

in bookies terms this is somewhere between 138/1 to 555/1 on it happening, depending on draw and attitude to the cup.

so he might love it to happen, but at the absolute best chance, it will only happen 1 in 130 years at the standard we and Norwich are now at.

The thought of this sends shivers down my spine

No no no and no
Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 17:06 - Oct 18 with 788 viewsHARRY10

Clearly Cook hasn't the slightest idea of where we are, who is who in this region, and what is currently important.

If he is thinking of a 'big game' in round 3 then I think Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham would rank higher - genuine PL clubs who apart from one have not been to PR for a couple of decades. Teams with world ranking stars.

As to big, then get us to the top and every game will be big if you can keep us there or thereabouts.

And as to big, the scum are at Stamford Bridge on Sat we have friggin' Fleetwood. From a town the size of Felixstowe.

We may not be celebrities, Cook. But it's time you got us out of here.

Less talk, more action.
Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 17:08 - Oct 18 with 784 viewsTractorWood

Don't care about Norwich. Don't care about FA cup.

Care about losing a 2-0 lead to Cambridge. Yes, Cambridge!

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 18:19 - Oct 18 with 695 viewstimothyeo

Cook: I'd Love Norwich at Home in the Third Round on 11:22 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

To be fair they would probably play their u23s.

We would still lose, but maybe not a hammering.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024