Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One loss in 6 10:50 - Oct 18 with 891 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Whilst it is encouraging that we are losing less matches. We need to stop gauging ourselves by not losing matches. We need to be talking about winning runs, and that still hasn't happened.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

One loss in 6 on 10:52 - Oct 18 with 875 viewshype313

15 points dropped from winning positions, that's where we need to focus our attention, and why we keep having Jekyll and Hyde half's.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

One loss in 6 on 10:55 - Oct 18 with 859 viewsHerbivore

One loss in 6 on 10:52 - Oct 18 by hype313

15 points dropped from winning positions, that's where we need to focus our attention, and why we keep having Jekyll and Hyde half's.

Agreed. A fast start is absolutely useless when you can't manage a game and hold on to a lead.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One loss in 6 on 10:58 - Oct 18 with 835 viewshype313

One loss in 6 on 10:55 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

Agreed. A fast start is absolutely useless when you can't manage a game and hold on to a lead.

Our season so far.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

One loss in 6 on 11:12 - Oct 18 with 802 viewsSteve_M

One loss in 6 on 10:55 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

Yep and, similarly, playing really well for 40 minutes - as we did do first half yesterday - is ineffective if we consistently fail to follow that up throughout the rest of the match.

The more I think about it, the more telling I think the 20 minutes after half-time against Doncaster was. We can't play for 90 minutes, even against a side as poor as they were on the night.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

One loss in 6 on 11:18 - Oct 18 with 767 viewsHerbivore

One loss in 6 on 11:12 - Oct 18 by Steve_M

Yep and, similarly, playing really well for 40 minutes - as we did do first half yesterday - is ineffective if we consistently fail to follow that up throughout the rest of the match.

The more I think about it, the more telling I think the 20 minutes after half-time against Doncaster was. We can't play for 90 minutes, even against a side as poor as they were on the night.

We're yet to put together a 90 minute performance since Cook arrived. We've scarcely managed a 70 minute performance. Last year he blamed that on the players not being fit enough to do what he was asking them to do, this season he's built his own squad and it was his preseason so I'm not sure what the excuse is now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One loss in 6 on 11:32 - Oct 18 with 711 viewsWallingford_Boy

FEWER!!

ffs

RIP Sir Bobby

One loss in 6 on 11:54 - Oct 18 with 656 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

One loss in 6 on 11:32 - Oct 18 by Wallingford_Boy

FEWER!!

ffs

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

One loss in 6 on 12:12 - Oct 18 with 595 viewsJammyDodgerrr

One loss in 6 on 11:18 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

We're yet to put together a 90 minute performance since Cook arrived. We've scarcely managed a 70 minute performance. Last year he blamed that on the players not being fit enough to do what he was asking them to do, this season he's built his own squad and it was his preseason so I'm not sure what the excuse is now.

Presumably it's just we don't have that type of player, right? Other than Morsy(who is not doing a good job at it) who do we ever have on the bench who can come on and shut down the game? We've gone all PSG with the attacker we've signed forgetting we might need some defensive heads in there.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

One loss in 6 on 14:05 - Oct 18 with 496 viewskizaitfc

Small steps in the right direction.

Only a month ago we hadn't won a game!

Providing it continues to improve and we dont see a plateau then I think we will have a very exciting second third of the season coming our way.

IMO Cook just needs to learn when to close the door and defend, i.e. straight after scoring and final 15-20 minutes.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024