Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... 11:23 - Oct 18 with 1850 viewsOriginalMarkyP

on twitter. He looked really tired too.

His reaction to the question, 'Someone who’ll challenge you, something which may be harder for the younger coaches, such as Gary Roberts and Franny Jeffers at the start of the coaching careers?' in the TWTD interview, seemed very tetchy.

Obviously, without hearing it you can't get the nuance of a loaded tone, but on paper it feels like a fair question.

I hope he gets a win tomorrow night. He needs one. His interviews are getting very like Lambert's near the bitter end.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 11:33 - Oct 18 with 1780 viewsRomeo4

It must be very hard to keep positive all the time when things are consistently going against you. I know as a fan it is. Same for him.

He’s clearly very passionate about doing well here and it must be gutting for him that things aren’t going better.

A win tomorrow night would give everyone a lift.
Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 11:44 - Oct 18 with 1703 viewsWickets

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 11:33 - Oct 18 by Romeo4

It must be very hard to keep positive all the time when things are consistently going against you. I know as a fan it is. Same for him.

He’s clearly very passionate about doing well here and it must be gutting for him that things aren’t going better.

Yes i agree . Think we can all see whats going wrong the facts kinda speak for themselves 18 points dropped from winning positions only 3 league wins so far and i am sure they will have talked about it . I am sure he was very frustrated about it ,as we all are .
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 11:46]
Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 11:49 - Oct 18 with 1635 viewshype313

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 11:44 - Oct 18 by Wickets

Yes i agree . Think we can all see whats going wrong the facts kinda speak for themselves 18 points dropped from winning positions only 3 league wins so far and i am sure they will have talked about it . I am sure he was very frustrated about it ,as we all are .
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 11:46]

It's not 18 points, people keep counting the West Ham pizza loss as 3 points.

Still, either way, it's a damning indictment of things currently.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 11:53 - Oct 18 with 1601 viewsFixed_It

Yeah - people tend to forget that is a whole lot more frustrating for him than it is for us fans. And at the end of the day a whole lot more is at stake for him. He wants success as much as we do - but we don't have people slagging us off all the time. Well, Bluefish does, but that's different...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:01 - Oct 18 with 1540 viewsPinewoodblue

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 11:53 - Oct 18 by Fixed_It

Yeah - people tend to forget that is a whole lot more frustrating for him than it is for us fans. And at the end of the day a whole lot more is at stake for him. He wants success as much as we do - but we don't have people slagging us off all the time. Well, Bluefish does, but that's different...

The difference is he is in a position to do something about it, we aren’t .

Does he need to adjust his focus?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:03 - Oct 18 with 1523 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I guess when you pick a coaching team with very little coaching experience, you are going to get questions about your coaches being inexperienced...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:06 - Oct 18 with 1494 viewsFixed_It

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:01 - Oct 18 by Pinewoodblue

The difference is he is in a position to do something about it, we aren’t .

Does he need to adjust his focus?

Oh I get that - and I'm sure that intensifies the feelings of frustration when we concede a late equaliser. As fans we can't do anything about it, and I was as gutted as anyone else who saw it unfolding at Cambridge. He will be well aware that the buck stops with him, but that won't lessen the frustration when the cross comes in and isn't dealt with.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 12:08]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:14 - Oct 18 with 1439 viewsGarv

It's funny, managers always seemed to be compared to the person they replaced when it comes to interviews carried out during bad runs of form or bad results. You never see it mentioned when things are going well.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:16 - Oct 18 with 1408 viewsWickets

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 11:49 - Oct 18 by hype313

It's not 18 points, people keep counting the West Ham pizza loss as 3 points.

Still, either way, it's a damning indictment of things currently.

Ok i stand corrected but the point still stands !
Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:28 - Oct 18 with 1367 viewshomer_123

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:14 - Oct 18 by Garv

It's funny, managers always seemed to be compared to the person they replaced when it comes to interviews carried out during bad runs of form or bad results. You never see it mentioned when things are going well.

Too much store is placed in what managers say and how they say it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:29 - Oct 18 with 1368 viewspeterleeblue

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:16 - Oct 18 by Wickets

Ok i stand corrected but the point still stands !

To be fair its not 18 pts regardless. We didn't lose them all.

In a positive spin we could easily have another 4 pts which would actually only leave us 2 pts outside the play offs. Which is probably about right based on our performances in this division so far.

Negatively had we had a tougher start we might not have had the 2 wins v Doncaster and Shrewsbury.

Its in the balance at the moment but the season will be defined by the end of November looking at the next few fixtures.
Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:31 - Oct 18 with 1347 viewsBasuco

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:14 - Oct 18 by Garv

Probably because managers are usually replaced to improve performance or results, when things are going well paying off the previous managers contract is seen as good, but when things are not going well, paying off an entire coaching team and replacing them, a comparison between the two is valid I would have thought.
Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:58 - Oct 18 with 1248 viewsstonojnr

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 11:53 - Oct 18 by Fixed_It

What's he got at stake ? Personal pride, ambition, an easy job where the fans are so downbeat they think mid table mediocrity in League 1 is a decent enough?

If he gets sacked here, he'll walk into another managers post within 6 months with that clubs fans telling each other how great his record was.
Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 13:09 - Oct 18 with 1201 viewsjayessess

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:58 - Oct 18 by stonojnr

What's he got at stake ? Personal pride, ambition, an easy job where the fans are so downbeat they think mid table mediocrity in League 1 is a decent enough?

If he gets sacked here, he'll walk into another managers post within 6 months with that clubs fans telling each other how great his record was.

tbf, failing here would put a big dent in his reputation with not a lot of mitigation.

Couldn't improve the players he inherited, couldn't recruit well, couldn't bring a new team together quickly on a big budget, out-managed by his former assistant. He'd certainly be out of the frame for a similar sized job.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 13:26 - Oct 18 with 1125 viewspennblue

PC will get it right, he is a winner. If things don't go his way, he tries harder, and harder, and harder, until he wins. That is what winners do.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 13:30 - Oct 18 with 1101 viewsPinewoodblue

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 13:26 - Oct 18 by pennblue

PC will get it right, he is a winner. If things don't go his way, he tries harder, and harder, and harder, until he wins. That is what winners do.

Winners look at themselves when things go wrong and ask what they need to do differently.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 13:38 - Oct 18 with 1061 viewspennblue

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 13:30 - Oct 18 by Pinewoodblue

Winners look at themselves when things go wrong and ask what they need to do differently.

You don't think he is doing that?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 14:08 - Oct 18 with 957 viewsWickets

Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 12:29 - Oct 18 by peterleeblue

To be fair its not 18 pts regardless. We didn't lose them all.

In a positive spin we could easily have another 4 pts which would actually only leave us 2 pts outside the play offs. Which is probably about right based on our performances in this division so far.

Negatively had we had a tougher start we might not have had the 2 wins v Doncaster and Shrewsbury.

Its in the balance at the moment but the season will be defined by the end of November looking at the next few fixtures.

Its 15 points !
Cook seemed very downbeat in his club interview... on 14:19 - Oct 18 with 904 viewsRadlett_blue

Cook will be feeling the pressure that most managers are under and rightly so. He's been given a free hand to recruit the players he wants & results have been worse than with the so-called hopeless squad he inherited. Naturally, he want more time, but how much time he should be given is becoming a reasonable question, especially with games against the top 2 clubs coming up shortly.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024