Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One plus point 12:25 - Oct 18 with 971 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Aluko. He was slated by many on here before he pulled on a blue shirt, and many questioned the point of the signing, but he's looked pretty decent to me the little I've seen of him. Lovely finish for his first on Saturday, and is a busy player with a good workrate and not a little skill. Not sure what some were complaining about.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

One plus point on 12:27 - Oct 18 with 948 viewsFixed_It

Don't come on here with plus points. They won't like it!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

One plus point on 12:28 - Oct 18 with 933 viewsBluefish

He is all or nothing isn't he. Started off with real purpose closing someone down early on and then got his goals. Soon after he tried to control a simple pass and it went straight off the pitch. The drive and hunger from him was refreshing. Oddly he spent the 1st 25 minutes refusing to use his left foot and then had a shot from his own half using his left foot. I think he is left footed so it seemed strange he was so determined not to use it early on when cutting inside

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

One plus point on 13:19 - Oct 18 with 825 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One plus point on 12:28 - Oct 18 by Bluefish

He is all or nothing isn't he. Started off with real purpose closing someone down early on and then got his goals. Soon after he tried to control a simple pass and it went straight off the pitch. The drive and hunger from him was refreshing. Oddly he spent the 1st 25 minutes refusing to use his left foot and then had a shot from his own half using his left foot. I think he is left footed so it seemed strange he was so determined not to use it early on when cutting inside

I think the one that went under his foot and off the pitch was just one of those things that happens to the best of them.

I didn't see his first game, where he was apparently terrible, so my view has to be taken with that caveat, but I like what I've actually seen. He reminds me a bit of Gus Uhlenbeek, in a good way.

One plus point on 13:31 - Oct 18 with 780 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I thought he looked very useful.

His first appearance when he arrived he did look all at sea, but I think that had a lot do with fitness and he probably shouldn't have been given game time then, but most of his other appearances have been tidy and postive.

It just a shame that there is so much talent in this team but so much fragility when attacked or out muscled.

I would just like to see Cook change his tactics every now and then because we seem to easily worked out. The tactics that are beating us generally aren't rocket science. A lot of them seem to involve hard work and muscle. If Cook would play with Norwood and Bonne up top in a two. And Toto and one of the other centrebacks. We'd have players that intimidate and can deal with strength from front to back (Morsy being that in the middle. I think El Miz has it too). We often look pretty, but lack meanness all over the park. And for me, in League One that is always going to be problematic.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

One plus point on 13:36 - Oct 18 with 750 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One plus point on 13:31 - Oct 18 by OriginalMarkyP

I thought he looked very useful.

His first appearance when he arrived he did look all at sea, but I think that had a lot do with fitness and he probably shouldn't have been given game time then, but most of his other appearances have been tidy and postive.

It just a shame that there is so much talent in this team but so much fragility when attacked or out muscled.

I would just like to see Cook change his tactics every now and then because we seem to easily worked out. The tactics that are beating us generally aren't rocket science. A lot of them seem to involve hard work and muscle. If Cook would play with Norwood and Bonne up top in a two. And Toto and one of the other centrebacks. We'd have players that intimidate and can deal with strength from front to back (Morsy being that in the middle. I think El Miz has it too). We often look pretty, but lack meanness all over the park. And for me, in League One that is always going to be problematic.

Yeah I miss Norwood's bully-boy tactics. I think him and Bonne together would be terrifying.

One plus point on 20:55 - Oct 18 with 488 viewsBlueastheycome

One plus point on 13:19 - Oct 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think the one that went under his foot and off the pitch was just one of those things that happens to the best of them.

I didn't see his first game, where he was apparently terrible, so my view has to be taken with that caveat, but I like what I've actually seen. He reminds me a bit of Gus Uhlenbeek, in a good way.

He was the only highlight against Bolton too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024