Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think this forum needs to be closed down 12:30 - Oct 18 with 4098 viewsTractorBoyOlly

#BeKind and mental health pandemic lost on a lot of you. The vitriol spouted at our manager who has only been in a job since March. We’re better than that. What do you actually want? A Watford approach?

Cue the downvotes but I don’t care.

Poll: Final points total?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 14:06 - Oct 18 with 797 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:45 - Oct 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Good to see that cup games suddenly count when we don’t lose them

Plenty were including them when they were a stick to beat Cook with.

Anyway, I was just going off Cook's quote, I didn't actually look at the fixtures and realise one of them was a cup game. Which is by-the-by, the point still stands that in general terms the team has improved.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 14:09 - Oct 18 with 795 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:35 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

Except 7 games ago we got humped 5-2 by Bolton so I make that 2 defeats in 7. Pizza cup games don't gain us any points and are played with reserve sides so they aren't really relevant to what we're trying to achieve this season.

We weren't talking about only games that are worth points. We were talking about the general improvement in the team.

(And anyway, plenty were happy to include cup games when they showed Cook in a worse light).

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 14:17 - Oct 18 with 775 viewshomer_123

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:41 - Oct 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

No you said game to game improvement, I was just pointing out they're like to be subtle ones, and whilst we're frustrated (again) the overall picture is an improvement. Which was always going to be the case as the players started getting to know each other.

You'd think we might be able to cut out the individual mistakes or keeping errors from game to game though, right?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 14:24 - Oct 18 with 752 viewsMaySixth

Some of our fans are complete melts.

Shock.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 14:34 - Oct 18 with 735 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 14:17 - Oct 18 by homer_123

You'd think we might be able to cut out the individual mistakes or keeping errors from game to game though, right?

I'd think individual errors, from a managers POV, are the hardest thing to cut out actually.

He can set them up in a certain way, drill into them they way he wants to play, but when a player makes a daft error I'm not sure what a manager can do about that (other than buy better players who therefore make less individual errors).

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 14:37 - Oct 18 with 725 viewsBluefish

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 14:34 - Oct 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'd think individual errors, from a managers POV, are the hardest thing to cut out actually.

He can set them up in a certain way, drill into them they way he wants to play, but when a player makes a daft error I'm not sure what a manager can do about that (other than buy better players who therefore make less individual errors).

Do you think our players are well drilled? Our manager has already replaced them all without a change in outcome

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 14:45 - Oct 18 with 709 viewsOldboy

You can leave anytime you like. Nobody is forcing you to read it. Your choice.
Think this forum needs to be closed down on 14:50 - Oct 18 with 699 viewshomer_123

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 14:34 - Oct 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

And yet, our new players who were better than we had before according to Cook himself, are making the same individual errors.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 15:45 - Oct 18 with 677 viewsSamWhiteUK

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 12:32 - Oct 18 by hoppy

Is the correct response: "You ok hun? x"

No it's

u ok hun x
Think this forum needs to be closed down on 16:15 - Oct 18 with 656 viewsHighgateBlue

Why is a Watford approach held up as an archetype of terrible decision making when they're a smaller club than us, they're in the Premier League, and they're four points clear of the relegation zone?
Think this forum needs to be closed down on 16:33 - Oct 18 with 631 viewsHerbivore

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 16:15 - Oct 18 by HighgateBlue

Why is a Watford approach held up as an archetype of terrible decision making when they're a smaller club than us, they're in the Premier League, and they're four points clear of the relegation zone?

And they've spent as many seasons in the top flight this past decade as we have in the best part of 40 years. We really have no business sneering at how Watford conduct themselves.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 17:17 - Oct 18 with 606 viewsblueboyd

duly downvoted.
Think this forum needs to be closed down on 17:21 - Oct 18 with 602 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 14:37 - Oct 18 by Bluefish

Do you think our players are well drilled? Our manager has already replaced them all without a change in outcome

Hard to say, but getting ideas into a new team will take a while, regardless. And footballers aren't the brightest.

He's talked about repetition before, so they're definitely being drilled in something.

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 18:26 - Oct 18 with 561 viewsChurchman

That’ll be the Watford approach that sees them in the Premier League beating Norwich while we are in the lower reaches of League One looking forward to our 4th season here, providing we don’t get any worse.

No, I’m not going to look down my nose at Watford. They set standards, while we for years have aspired to be mediocre at best.
Think this forum needs to be closed down on 09:56 - Oct 20 with 471 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Just going to leave this here….

Uppa Town

Poll: Final points total?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 10:03 - Oct 20 with 445 viewsHerbivore

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 09:56 - Oct 20 by TractorBoyOlly

Just going to leave this here….

Uppa Town

There still wasn't any vitriol and you're still a massive fanny.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024