Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think this forum needs to be closed down 12:30 - Oct 18 with 4100 viewsTractorBoyOlly

#BeKind and mental health pandemic lost on a lot of you. The vitriol spouted at our manager who has only been in a job since March. We’re better than that. What do you actually want? A Watford approach?

Cue the downvotes but I don’t care.

Poll: Final points total?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:10 - Oct 18 with 827 viewsjayessess

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 12:44 - Oct 18 by TractorBoyOlly

The support is there because of new ownership which creates interest after we were just surviving under Evans. Can’t blame cook for last season as he wasn’t there for the majority of it. It’s been a poor start but change overnight isn’t going to solve anything.

What does it matter why the support is there? It's there on matchday, that's all he can ask for.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:13 - Oct 18 with 774 viewsHerbivore

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 12:56 - Oct 18 by TractorBoyOlly

Yes he did and got rid of the whole squad.

The ‘gelling’ theory is a bit of a stretch but it has some truth. We’ve only lost one of the last 7 and we are scoring goals for fun. Just need to become more hardened to pressure after scoring which will come. If it doesn’t then the time for a change will be evident but no point hounding a manager after 12 games.

He got rid of the whole squad, who he'd publicly called out (how does that fit with #BeKind by the way) as being responsible for our failings. His new squad continues to show many of the same failings. It's not unreasonable for people to then ask whether it might actually be the manager that's the problem. And nobody is hounding him, are they? This is an ITFC forum where fans can exchange views, we're not outside his house telling him where we think he's going wrong. Cook himself has expressed surprise at how positive and tolerant the fans have been, at many other clubs it would have genuinely turned nasty. In short, I don't think you have much of a point here with this thread.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 13:13]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:18 - Oct 18 with 782 viewsIllinoisblue

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 12:47 - Oct 18 by TractorBoyOlly

What to whinge and moan about something you can’t affect?

Have you ever read a negative review of an album or film you like?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:19 - Oct 18 with 782 viewswkj

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:13 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

He got rid of the whole squad, who he'd publicly called out (how does that fit with #BeKind by the way) as being responsible for our failings. His new squad continues to show many of the same failings. It's not unreasonable for people to then ask whether it might actually be the manager that's the problem. And nobody is hounding him, are they? This is an ITFC forum where fans can exchange views, we're not outside his house telling him where we think he's going wrong. Cook himself has expressed surprise at how positive and tolerant the fans have been, at many other clubs it would have genuinely turned nasty. In short, I don't think you have much of a point here with this thread.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 13:13]

You need to be closed down.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:22 - Oct 18 with 769 viewshomer_123

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:19 - Oct 18 by wkj

You need to be closed down.

Can someone tell the players that this is something they should be doing on matchdays to the opposition?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:23 - Oct 18 with 764 viewshomer_123

The ‘gelling’ theory is a bit of a stretch but it has some truth. We’ve only lost one of the last 7 and we are scoring goals for fun. Just need to become more hardened to pressure after scoring which will come. If it doesn’t then the time for a change will be evident but no point hounding a manager after 12 games.

Who's hounding him?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:25 - Oct 18 with 760 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 12:51 - Oct 18 by homer_123

Did he not preside over the back end of last season though? What we are seeing at the moment is a continuation of that but with the squad and backroom staff he has put together.

We see little game to game improvement - in fact, it's almost like we can now predict what Ipswich are going to do match to match and not in a good way.

I want him to succeed because, if he does, then Town succeed.

I don't think you are going to see massive improvements game to game. It'll be marginal gains at best - and we've lost 1 in 7, which suggests things are improving even if not fully there yet.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:26 - Oct 18 with 752 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:25 - Oct 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't think you are going to see massive improvements game to game. It'll be marginal gains at best - and we've lost 1 in 7, which suggests things are improving even if not fully there yet.

This ^^

Login to get fewer ads

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:27 - Oct 18 with 742 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:28 - Oct 18 with 737 viewsFixed_It

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:25 - Oct 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

But what about the moon on a stick? Now? It's what we are entitled too after all.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:29 - Oct 18 with 727 viewshomer_123

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:26 - Oct 18 by TractorBoyOlly

This ^^

Oh look - someone with a different point of view. That's what this forum is about by the way.

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:29 - Oct 18 with 723 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:29 - Oct 18 by homer_123

Oh look - someone with a different point of view. That's what this forum is about by the way.

Oh look cheap point scoring. That’s what this forum is about by the way

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:30 - Oct 18 with 717 viewshomer_123

Yes, I can that side of the argument, although it's not one I agree with.

We still only play in spells, when we concede we are extremely likely to concede again. These are things that have been in play since Cook came in - so I'm not as confident as yourself.

By the by, not sure I said massive gains, did I?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:31 - Oct 18 with 715 viewshomer_123

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:29 - Oct 18 by TractorBoyOlly

Not point scoring at all - merely pointing out that people with differing views can have a debate and discussion in an entirely civil way.

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:32 - Oct 18 with 714 viewshomer_123

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:28 - Oct 18 by Fixed_It

But what about the moon on a stick? Now? It's what we are entitled too after all.

No, of course not. I certainly didn't expect 100 goals, 100 points etc.

I did, however, expect us to be higher in the table than we are and issues that were evident when he took over to be addressed given the overhaul at the Club.

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:33 - Oct 18 with 711 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:28 - Oct 18 by Fixed_It

You can have a button on a stick. Then maybe next week a crumpet. You have to work your way up to a moon.

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:35 - Oct 18 with 673 viewsHerbivore

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:26 - Oct 18 by TractorBoyOlly

This ^^

Except 7 games ago we got humped 5-2 by Bolton so I make that 2 defeats in 7. Pizza cup games don't gain us any points and are played with reserve sides so they aren't really relevant to what we're trying to achieve this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:36 - Oct 18 with 690 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Has there been vitriol??

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:36 - Oct 18 with 686 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 12:47 - Oct 18 by homer_123

I tried to engage with you on another thread the other day but no response.

I've not seen any 'vitriol' spouted at all:

noun
1. bitter criticism or malice.
"her mother's sudden gush of fury and vitriol"

I've seen lots of sensible discussion from people about his performance since he joined us, with posters on both sides generally discussing their views and opinions in a reasonably balanced way.

Where have you seen differently on this board?

THIS.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:37 - Oct 18 with 684 viewsIllinoisblue

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:29 - Oct 18 by TractorBoyOlly

You wanted the forum closed down, why are you still here? Get yourself to utopia.com where everything is sunny and nice.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:38 - Oct 18 with 682 viewsBluroo

If our league position is the same after 3 quarters of the season as it is now after a quarter of it, which by the sounds of it would justify YOU calling for a new manager, then why would there have been no point making a change now? The length of time you deem necessary to wait is entirely arbitrary, the criteria and consequences are exactly the same. Obviously if we are in the same league position in March, in hindsight your patience would be evidentially futile and damaging. What's sustaining it? Blind hope. That is the basis of your objection to the "vitriolic alternative" which your already saying you'll agree to eventually...

Fantastic arguement you have there.
Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:40 - Oct 18 with 673 viewshomer_123

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:36 - Oct 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Has there been vitriol??

Patently not.

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:41 - Oct 18 with 674 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:30 - Oct 18 by homer_123

Yes, I can that side of the argument, although it's not one I agree with.

We still only play in spells, when we concede we are extremely likely to concede again. These are things that have been in play since Cook came in - so I'm not as confident as yourself.

By the by, not sure I said massive gains, did I?

No you said game to game improvement, I was just pointing out they're like to be subtle ones, and whilst we're frustrated (again) the overall picture is an improvement. Which was always going to be the case as the players started getting to know each other.

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:45 - Oct 18 with 656 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 12:47 - Oct 18 by TractorBoyOlly

What to whinge and moan about something you can’t affect?

Not being funny, but that is pretty much what the forum's for!

Think this forum needs to be closed down on 13:45 - Oct 18 with 653 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Good to see that cup games suddenly count when we don’t lose them

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024