Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well 14:09 - Oct 18 with 1985 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58955333

Norwich keeper Dan Barden diagnosed with testicular cancer. Hopefully a swift and full recovery.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 14:14 - Oct 18 with 1924 viewsEdwardStone

Balls

to cancer
Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 14:16 - Oct 18 with 1889 viewsBluefish

I truly hope all of us will wish him well and truly mean it

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 14:16 - Oct 18 with 1905 viewsButterbing

100% agree with this.
Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 14:17 - Oct 18 with 1896 viewshomer_123

100% agree.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 14:20 - Oct 18 with 1881 viewsVaughan8

Any sane person would wish him a swift and full recovery. I can't imagine anyone wouldn't but I suppose there are a lot of idiots about.
Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 14:28 - Oct 18 with 1849 viewsDavoIPB

I can remember a song being sung by Ipswich fans about a certain Brian Gunn and his daughter. I hoped we had moved on since then but seeing another post on here it looks like there are still some Ipswich fans who are stuck in the past.
Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 14:34 - Oct 18 with 1807 viewspeterleeblue

Agreed . Good Post.
Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 14:38 - Oct 18 with 1785 viewsOldboy

I truly hope all football fans around the country wish him well.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 15:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 15:49 - Oct 18 with 1626 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 15:51 - Oct 18 with 1630 viewsReuser_is_God

Not aimed at you at all Rommy but it really fcuks me off when people start a post on this kind of subject with "putting rivalries aside", as if it matters at all.

All the best to the lad.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 16:02 - Oct 18 with 1566 viewsAlexGreen

I had to endure two bouts of testicular cancer as a 21/22 yr old. I was in Ipswich hospital next to a really elderly man who turned out to be Kevin Beattie's agent from back in the day. Kevin would come in every other day to visit him, and we ended up talking a lot. The agent was eventually moved to another ward and after he'd been to see him, he came especially to hang out with me, it made the world of difference.

The ward I was on (Somersham Ward, for anyone who knows it) was (at that time) for terminally ill people (I had to go there due to a lack of space anywhere else), and they had a smoking room with alcohol for people there who wanted it - I remember him seeing it and saying 'this place is the best!'. Getting to know him there really helped me through it and I'll never forget it.

I very much hope Dan Barden makes a full recovery, I'm going to try and send him a DM if anyone knows if he's on Insta / Twitter or something.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 16:05 - Oct 18 with 1538 viewsPhilTWTD

Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 16:02 - Oct 18 by AlexGreen

I had to endure two bouts of testicular cancer as a 21/22 yr old. I was in Ipswich hospital next to a really elderly man who turned out to be Kevin Beattie's agent from back in the day. Kevin would come in every other day to visit him, and we ended up talking a lot. The agent was eventually moved to another ward and after he'd been to see him, he came especially to hang out with me, it made the world of difference.

The ward I was on (Somersham Ward, for anyone who knows it) was (at that time) for terminally ill people (I had to go there due to a lack of space anywhere else), and they had a smoking room with alcohol for people there who wanted it - I remember him seeing it and saying 'this place is the best!'. Getting to know him there really helped me through it and I'll never forget it.

I very much hope Dan Barden makes a full recovery, I'm going to try and send him a DM if anyone knows if he's on Insta / Twitter or something.

What a lovely story about Beat. I think I know who the agent chap was, was a friend of my uncle's as well back in the day.
Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 16:17 - Oct 18 with 1451 viewsRomeo4

Absolutely. Must be very scary for the lad. Wish him all the very best for a full and speedy recovery.
Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 16:19 - Oct 18 with 1451 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 15:51 - Oct 18 by Reuser_is_God

Not aimed at you at all Rommy but it really fcuks me off when people start a post on this kind of subject with "putting rivalries aside", as if it matters at all.

All the best to the lad.

I think you’re right actually. I see examples of that on twitter sometimes and it’s a bit cringey.

In hindsight, I wish I’d have not mentioned rivalries at all.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 17:33 - Oct 18 with 1304 viewsWickets

All decent people will be wishing the lad well and hope that he makes a full recovery .
Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 17:35 - Oct 18 with 1298 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 14:16 - Oct 18 by Bluefish

I truly hope all of us will wish him well and truly mean it

Indeed.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 18:40 - Oct 18 with 1152 viewsjas0999

Completely agree. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.
Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 20:01 - Oct 18 with 1034 viewsChurchman

Sure we can all put rivalries aside and wish the lad well on 14:28 - Oct 18 by DavoIPB

I can remember a song being sung by Ipswich fans about a certain Brian Gunn and his daughter. I hoped we had moved on since then but seeing another post on here it looks like there are still some Ipswich fans who are stuck in the past.

I’m afraid a breed of small minded dimwit is forever going to be with us, sadly. As it goes, rightly Bryan Gunn got support from a lot of the Town fans at the time, including his charity. There are some things more important than football.

I’m sure the sane among us hope Dan Barden regains his health and fitness again soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024