Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner 14:26 - Oct 18 with 17128 viewsMaySixth

when we do win a game under Cook there can be no bandwagon jumping or changing their minds

no coming back now though for those who have nailed their colours to the mast

[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 14:27]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:28 - Oct 18 with 4801 viewshomer_123

Not really - I don't mind being wrong.

I'd love him to succeed here. I, sadly, don't think he will but happy to be proved wrong.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:28 - Oct 18 with 4809 viewsEwan_Oozami

They're playing the long game....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:30 - Oct 18 with 4790 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

They'll just say "He's now doing what I said he should be doing, so I was right all along."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:32 - Oct 18 with 4763 viewsVaughan8

I hope you'e not suggesting people are very fickle...... haha

I can't believe people think changing the manager every 20 games is the answer. This rarely helps! SUrely we need some continuality with new owners, players etc.

Some people saying the playoffs are now not doable after 12 games is a bit dramatic!
Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:35 - Oct 18 with 4730 viewspositivity

to be fair, i don't think anyone serious has said cook out.

most saying variations of "i think cook should be out if he doesn't win in the next x games" or "i wouldn't be that sad if cook did go"

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:35 - Oct 18 with 4723 viewsOldboy

They can if they wish. Didn't know you were in charge around here.
Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:35 - Oct 18 with 4723 viewsjayessess

“When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?”
John Maynard Keynes

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:36 - Oct 18 with 4677 viewsBluefish

Are you saying if we win a game everything is suddenly rosy here? Could probably apply the logic to every manager that has ever been sacked. Managers have targets and PC had 2 opportunities to get us promoted, he failed dismally the 1st time and has pretty much failed again bar a miracle. He shows no signs of turning it around consistently

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:37 - Oct 18 with 4710 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:35 - Oct 18 by positivity

most saying variations of "i think cook should be out if he doesn't win in the next x games" or "i wouldn't be that sad if cook did go"

Have you seen Blubbers avatar? There are a few others - Burns7, TimmyYeo to name a couple. There's a few more but I can't remember their names.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:38 - Oct 18 with 4707 viewsFtnfwest

Given that most managers end up getting sacked in the end they probably haven't, but in fairness most people are merely questioning what he's done to date rather than demanding he's out the door tomorrow, and probably quite rightly. I think there's also a frustration with some that a lot of the fanbase are happy with where we are and generally have a low expectation for the immediate/medium term future compared to what we've done historically and whilst i think that's about right, there's a very good reason for it.
Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:38 - Oct 18 with 4660 viewsBluefish

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:35 - Oct 18 by positivity

Cook out

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:40 - Oct 18 with 4687 viewsEwan_Oozami

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:35 - Oct 18 by jayessess

“When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?”
John Maynard Keynes

I ask "Who changed the facts?"

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:41 - Oct 18 with 4679 viewsSuperCoops

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:36 - Oct 18 by Bluefish

Are you saying if we win a game everything is suddenly rosy here? Could probably apply the logic to every manager that has ever been sacked. Managers have targets and PC had 2 opportunities to get us promoted, he failed dismally the 1st time and has pretty much failed again bar a miracle. He shows no signs of turning it around consistently

Nobody is saying "one win and everything is rosy". Don't be ridiculous.
Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:42 - Oct 18 with 4680 viewsjayessess

For the record I don't think Cook's time is quite up, even if he's well and truly on the brink.

But, in general, I'm into judging what's in front of me, not foresight, not hindsight, but what I'm watching right now. Right now, it's going badly and Cook's job is in danger. If it starts going well, he won't be. Not that complicated is it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:42 - Oct 18 with 4666 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Cook was my preferred choice of manager (in fact I wasn’t convinced he was a realistic one) so if he fails I’ll have been proven wrong

I remain desperate for him to succeed, mainly as being an ITFC fan has been utter sh*te for the past few years, and Cook going would probably see another overhaul of playing staff which is probably the last thing we need. And I still just about think he can get it right, even if that belief is wavering after the recent Accrington and Cambridge games, and will probably turn the other way if we lose tomorrow

I’d also argue that there are only a handful that are actually Cook Out, as opposed to those that think he’s been pretty sh*t here so far, which are completely different things

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:45 - Oct 18 with 4631 viewsHerbivore

Aside from one or two very recent Cook outers, I doubt those who have concerns about the job he's done to date are stupid enough to think that one win creates a bandwagon to be jumped on. That said, I expect most of them would be happy if we won. They are Town fans after all. And we all want Cook to come good here, except maybe one or two who have gone especially hard and especially early, but some of us are struggling to see how that's going to happen based on what we've seen to date. I'd love for him to take us 20+ games unbeaten and charge up the league, nothing would please me more, I'm just sceptical that he's the man to do that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:47 - Oct 18 with 4609 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Are you trying to apply rules where there are no rules?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:48 - Oct 18 with 4612 viewsIllinoisblue

This is a classic MaySixth post; says something ridiculous and then disappears from the thread

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:49 - Oct 18 with 4609 viewsFixed_It

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:38 - Oct 18 by Bluefish

Cook out

Typo?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:51 - Oct 18 with 4590 viewsTractorCam

I'm not Cook out, but this is ridiculous. If in a month's time we've lost every game and are bottom, they could just as easily say to you "no bandwagon jumping, you can't change your mind now".

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:51 - Oct 18 with 4572 viewsSuperCoops

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:45 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

Aside from one or two very recent Cook outers, I doubt those who have concerns about the job he's done to date are stupid enough to think that one win creates a bandwagon to be jumped on. That said, I expect most of them would be happy if we won. They are Town fans after all. And we all want Cook to come good here, except maybe one or two who have gone especially hard and especially early, but some of us are struggling to see how that's going to happen based on what we've seen to date. I'd love for him to take us 20+ games unbeaten and charge up the league, nothing would please me more, I'm just sceptical that he's the man to do that.

What I find staggering is our support (maybe systematic of the Social Media era) is that people jump from one extreme to the other. There seems to be literally no middle ground.

Take the win over Doncaster, for example. Yes, it was a great result and a good performance. But people jumped to one extreme that "the corner is turned", "we're on the way up now" etc. Then we lose a game and it flies to the other end of the spectrum "Cook is useless", "we're rubbish" etc.

People just need to relax a little. One win doesn't mean we're world beaters, but likewise one defeat isn't the end of the world. People need to calm down, slow down and just find some middle ground.

As much as we want to win and go up, it's not going to happen overnight. With 20-odd new players, it's going to take a bit of time. Social Media is an an ass for this over-reaction.
Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:52 - Oct 18 with 4551 viewsTractorCam

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:48 - Oct 18 by Illinoisblue

This is a classic MaySixth post; says something ridiculous and then disappears from the thread

He's probably hoping we turn it round purely so he can bring up this post in the future to say "I told you so".

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:52 - Oct 18 with 4547 viewshype313

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:45 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

I desperately want him to succeed, but from what I've seen since he's been here, nothing suggests to me so far that he will be a success.

I would be delighted if we won tomorrow and went on a nice little run, but I have my doubts.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:52 - Oct 18 with 4552 viewsSuperCoops

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:48 - Oct 18 by Illinoisblue

[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 14:55]
Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:53 - Oct 18 with 4530 viewsOldboy

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 14:51 - Oct 18 by TractorCam

I'm not Cook out, but this is ridiculous. If in a month's time we've lost every game and are bottom, they could just as easily say to you "no bandwagon jumping, you can't change your mind now".

This Op is a clown 🤡🤡🤡
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024