Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Homophobia and banning 16:44 - Oct 18 with 9174 viewsBluefish

I've never been one to call for bans and I have some proper weirdos that spend their time abusing me on here but...
If the club are going to rightfully clamp down on homophobia sury twtd should as well. Only last week we had a moron poster posting homophobic nonsense and then claimed anything else was woke

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Homophobia and banning on 16:54 - Oct 18 with 4702 viewsBlueBadger

In all fairness, Phil is pretty good when it comes to the obvious stuff [edit] particularly if it's been reported.

Sometimes its the more subtle dog-whistley stuff which, understandably gets to drift along for a while.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 17:12]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Homophobia and banning on 17:07 - Oct 18 with 4627 viewsPhilTWTD

Did you report the post?
Homophobia and banning on 17:10 - Oct 18 with 4594 viewsBluefish

Homophobia and banning on 17:07 - Oct 18 by PhilTWTD

Did you report the post?

No and I don't really do that sort of thing. I'm sorry if my post came across as a criticism of you it wasn't aimed that way it was more about having an accepted zero tolerance to set a standard. In reality we should all report poor behaviour and it should be accepted to be am auto ban

Homophobia and banning on 17:28 - Oct 18 with 4491 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Homophobia and banning on 17:10 - Oct 18 by Bluefish

No and I don't really do that sort of thing. I'm sorry if my post came across as a criticism of you it wasn't aimed that way it was more about having an accepted zero tolerance to set a standard. In reality we should all report poor behaviour and it should be accepted to be am auto ban

Phil cant be expected to act if things aren't reported.

Really its the responsibility of the victim to report the abuse, otherwise the mods will never get through their inbox if everyone reports it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Homophobia and banning on 17:31 - Oct 18 with 4456 viewsGlasgowBlue

Homophobia and banning on 17:07 - Oct 18 by PhilTWTD

Did you report the post?

Most homophobic and racist stuff gets called out pretty sharpish by other posters, so rarely needs reporting.

However, I do wish people who share similar views on here would call out one of their fellow travelers.

Just this morning we had one poster suggesting that a female politician should get a slap in the face. Not one of his 'comrades' pulled him up on it. It doesn't matter what views people have in common. Racism and homophobia and incitement to violence against women should be challenged by all.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 17:33]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Homophobia and banning on 17:35 - Oct 18 with 4421 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You are however, it seems, one for long standing personal vendettas.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Homophobia and banning on 17:35 - Oct 18 with 4432 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I had an awkward situation against Shrewsbury - someone behind me repeatedly shouted "you poofta" at the Shrewsbury keeper. I turned round to see who it was/have a word, and it was this really old guy with about 3 teeth. Never seen him before so I suspect he's a dad or grandad of someone.

Long and short, I couldn't bring myself to have a go at him. And he stopped after a bit. But it was awkward, because I think someone ought to point it out to him that that sort f thing isn't acceptable anymore, but then I don't want to put the fear of god into a clearly old guy who probably doesn't know any better, because he's from another time.

Should I have said something? I mean technically I should've spoken to a steward, but then an old man gets thrown out and/or arrested. It's not acceptable... but is it a bit more understandable when it's someone very old and their intent won't be the same as a young person, who ought to know better?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Homophobia and banning on 17:47 - Oct 18 with 4332 viewsyesjohn99

Homophobia and banning on 17:10 - Oct 18 by Bluefish

Do as I say not as I do.
Login to get fewer ads

Homophobia and banning on 17:47 - Oct 18 with 4335 viewsMookamoo

Homophobia and banning on 17:35 - Oct 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I had an awkward situation against Shrewsbury - someone behind me repeatedly shouted "you poofta" at the Shrewsbury keeper. I turned round to see who it was/have a word, and it was this really old guy with about 3 teeth. Never seen him before so I suspect he's a dad or grandad of someone.

Long and short, I couldn't bring myself to have a go at him. And he stopped after a bit. But it was awkward, because I think someone ought to point it out to him that that sort f thing isn't acceptable anymore, but then I don't want to put the fear of god into a clearly old guy who probably doesn't know any better, because he's from another time.

Should I have said something? I mean technically I should've spoken to a steward, but then an old man gets thrown out and/or arrested. It's not acceptable... but is it a bit more understandable when it's someone very old and their intent won't be the same as a young person, who ought to know better?

Record it if possible and report it. Zero tolerance.

Put a note on your phone and dispassionately state the time, seat number, what was said - verbatim.

Treat it as you would a safeguarding issue and let the club take the action they feel is appropriate.
Homophobia and banning on 17:51 - Oct 18 with 4297 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Homophobia and banning on 17:47 - Oct 18 by Mookamoo

Put a note on your phone and dispassionately state the time, seat number, what was said - verbatim.

Treat it as you would a safeguarding issue and let the club take the action they feel is appropriate.

Should we be reporting C bombs too?

Edit .... personally I would probably ask him to stop as I am gay and used to be a damn fine keeper!
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 17:52]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Homophobia and banning on 17:51 - Oct 18 with 4291 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all act with a lot more dignity and respect following on from the statements given today by Chris Bryant and the family of Sir David Amess. The former calling for us to be kinder to one another and the latter expressing wishes that we can set aside differences and show kindness and love to all.
Homophobia and banning on 17:56 - Oct 18 with 4251 viewsMullet

Homophobia and banning on 17:47 - Oct 18 by yesjohn99

Do as I say not as I do.

When has Fishers been homophobic?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Homophobia and banning on 17:56 - Oct 18 with 4233 viewsHerbivore

Homophobia and banning on 17:51 - Oct 18 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all act with a lot more dignity and respect following on from the statements given today by Chris Bryant and the family of Sir David Amess. The former calling for us to be kinder to one another and the latter expressing wishes that we can set aside differences and show kindness and love to all.

Ironic, given the title of this thread, that we have (and you voted for) a PM who referred to gay men as "tank topped bum boys". If we want a kinder society with less division and hate we need a new government pretty sharpish, because this current lot rely on division and hate to win them votes.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 17:57]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Homophobia and banning on 17:59 - Oct 18 with 4199 viewsBluefish

Homophobia and banning on 17:56 - Oct 18 by Mullet

Questioning a manager or homophobia all the same thing innit

Homophobia and banning on 18:00 - Oct 18 with 4188 viewsBlueBadger

Homophobia and banning on 17:47 - Oct 18 by yesjohn99

Do as I say not as I do.

Well, this is a TAKE.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Homophobia and banning on 18:21 - Oct 18 with 4104 viewsgtsb1966

Good, if that's the right word, read this. Hard to understand why people actually go to the effort to type such hate.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58924168
Homophobia and banning on 18:24 - Oct 18 with 4075 viewsTractorBoyOlly

See my heavily downvoted post (:

Poll: Final points total?

Homophobia and banning on 18:26 - Oct 18 with 4046 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Homophobia and banning on 17:47 - Oct 18 by Mookamoo

yeah good idea. Never seen him before, but if it happens again I might try that.

Homophobia and banning on 18:29 - Oct 18 with 4026 viewsIllinoisblue

Homophobia and banning on 18:24 - Oct 18 by TractorBoyOlly

You’re still right here on the forum you want banned?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Homophobia and banning on 18:32 - Oct 18 with 4003 viewsGlasgowBlue

Homophobia and banning on 17:56 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

Ironic, given the title of this thread, that we have (and you voted for) a PM who referred to gay men as "tank topped bum boys". If we want a kinder society with less division and hate we need a new government pretty sharpish, because this current lot rely on division and hate to win them votes.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 17:57]

This is the problem with the current political discourse Herbie. It was refreshing to see so many Labour MP’s today speaking of how they have so many Tory Friends and work well together outside of the public eye in the David Amess tributes.

I did not vote Tory last time around because of my dislike and distrust Boris Johnson, plus the way the Tories jumped into bed with the DUP under TMay. However, I won’t condemn anyone who voted Tory and I dont tar anyone who did as supporting homophobia and racism, anymore than I would tar anyine who voted Labour as supporting antisemtism in light of the EHRC report. That would be wrong.

We should respect the way people chose to vote, BNP and blatant racist parties aside. It doesn’t come down to one single issue. People vote certain ways for a variety of reasons. Usually it’s what they believe will benefit them and their imidiate family.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Homophobia and banning on 18:34 - Oct 18 with 3983 viewswkj

Homophobia and banning on 18:24 - Oct 18 by TractorBoyOlly

Did you report the post?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Homophobia and banning on 18:36 - Oct 18 with 3968 viewsyesjohn99

Homophobia and banning on 17:56 - Oct 18 by Mullet

He’s calling for a clampdown on abuse but doesn’t report it. What’s that about?
Homophobia and banning on 18:37 - Oct 18 with 3943 viewsHerbivore

Homophobia and banning on 18:32 - Oct 18 by GlasgowBlue

This is the problem with the current political discourse Herbie. It was refreshing to see so many Labour MP’s today speaking of how they have so many Tory Friends and work well together outside of the public eye in the David Amess tributes.

I did not vote Tory last time around because of my dislike and distrust Boris Johnson, plus the way the Tories jumped into bed with the DUP under TMay. However, I won’t condemn anyone who voted Tory and I dont tar anyone who did as supporting homophobia and racism, anymore than I would tar anyine who voted Labour as supporting antisemtism in light of the EHRC report. That would be wrong.

We should respect the way people chose to vote, BNP and blatant racist parties aside. It doesn’t come down to one single issue. People vote certain ways for a variety of reasons. Usually it’s what they believe will benefit them and their imidiate family.

They voted for this too: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49833804

We all knew what Johnson was, even you knew it. There may still be a few decent Tories on the back benches but those driving the wheel have spent years sowing division and hate. It's only now one of their own has been affected that suddenly they care about reaching out across divides and moderating political discourse. I give it 5 minutes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Homophobia and banning on 18:44 - Oct 18 with 3922 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Homophobia and banning on 18:32 - Oct 18 by GlasgowBlue

I think you did start - or got very close to - calling Labour supporters, or Corbyn supporters, supporters of antisemitism. Whether you said those words actually, it certainly felt like it at the time.

Homophobia and banning on 18:52 - Oct 18 with 3862 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Homophobia and banning on 18:34 - Oct 18 by wkj

Did you report the post?

I’ve not seen it to be fair but this is exactly the kind of behaviour I was referring to but it fell on deaf ears.

Poll: Final points total?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024