Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Homophobia and banning 16:44 - Oct 18 with 9205 viewsBluefish

I've never been one to call for bans and I have some proper weirdos that spend their time abusing me on here but...
If the club are going to rightfully clamp down on homophobia sury twtd should as well. Only last week we had a moron poster posting homophobic nonsense and then claimed anything else was woke

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Homophobia and banning on 19:03 - Oct 18 with 1884 viewsClapham_Junction

Homophobia and banning on 18:32 - Oct 18 by GlasgowBlue

This is the problem with the current political discourse Herbie. It was refreshing to see so many Labour MP’s today speaking of how they have so many Tory Friends and work well together outside of the public eye in the David Amess tributes.

I did not vote Tory last time around because of my dislike and distrust Boris Johnson, plus the way the Tories jumped into bed with the DUP under TMay. However, I won’t condemn anyone who voted Tory and I dont tar anyone who did as supporting homophobia and racism, anymore than I would tar anyine who voted Labour as supporting antisemtism in light of the EHRC report. That would be wrong.

We should respect the way people chose to vote, BNP and blatant racist parties aside. It doesn’t come down to one single issue. People vote certain ways for a variety of reasons. Usually it’s what they believe will benefit them and their imidiate family.

You absolutely tarred people voting Labour at the last election. Do you not remember threads like this?
Bring back Blair..... by GlasgowBlue 12 Dec 2019 22:24
This 100%

Edit. A centrist dad wouldn't have gone balls deep for Corbyn in this election Joe.

Homophobia and banning on 19:08 - Oct 18 with 1857 viewsPhilTWTD

Homophobia and banning on 17:28 - Oct 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Phil cant be expected to act if things aren't reported.

Really its the responsibility of the victim to report the abuse, otherwise the mods will never get through their inbox if everyone reports it.

We can't see all posts. Unless people tell us about offensive posts we can't act. No problem with people reporting posts, whoever they are. As per other posts, it's rare anything as suggested is posted and if it is it's removed quickly as it's usually reported.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Homophobia and banning on 19:11 - Oct 18 with 1835 viewsmylittletown

Homophobia and banning on 19:03 - Oct 18 by Clapham_Junction

You absolutely tarred people voting Labour at the last election. Do you not remember threads like this?
Bring back Blair..... by GlasgowBlue 12 Dec 2019 22:24
This 100%

Edit. A centrist dad wouldn't have gone balls deep for Corbyn in this election Joe.

There is a big difference between vituperation and even genuine dislike over someone's views, and violence.
I think that Boris Johnson is an evil liar who is destroying the country, and I thought that Jeremy Corbyn was a pathetic little boy from a fee-paying school trying to be a working class hero, but I would not wish either them to have face violence or even death for their views.
Homophobia and banning on 19:13 - Oct 18 with 1834 viewsDarth_Koont

Homophobia and banning on 17:31 - Oct 18 by GlasgowBlue

Most homophobic and racist stuff gets called out pretty sharpish by other posters, so rarely needs reporting.

However, I do wish people who share similar views on here would call out one of their fellow travelers.

Just this morning we had one poster suggesting that a female politician should get a slap in the face. Not one of his 'comrades' pulled him up on it. It doesn't matter what views people have in common. Racism and homophobia and incitement to violence against women should be challenged by all.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 17:33]

I took it in the tone it was delivered. I don’t think noggin literally meant she should be physically abused. If I did, I’d have called it out.

But as someone who has been guilty of the worst and most dangerous demonisation of certain people and politicians that I’ve ever seen, you should really wind your neck in. And be slightly less ready to climb onto your high horse.

Pronouns: He/Him

Homophobia and banning on 19:15 - Oct 18 with 1813 viewswkj

Homophobia and banning on 18:52 - Oct 18 by TractorBoyOlly

I’ve not seen it to be fair but this is exactly the kind of behaviour I was referring to but it fell on deaf ears.

If you report something that goes against the rules using the abuse function, then it wont fall on deaf ears (even if the reply isn't what you expect)

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Homophobia and banning on 19:34 - Oct 18 with 1751 viewsBlueBadger

Homophobia and banning on 18:24 - Oct 18 by TractorBoyOlly

See my heavily downvoted post (:

If it's this you were talking about, its because you were plainly talking rubbish.

Think this forum needs to be closed down by TractorBoyOlly 18 Oct 2021 12:30
#BeKind and mental health pandemic lost on a lot of you. The vitriol spouted at our manager who has only been in a job since March. We’re better than that. What do you actually want? A Watford approach?

Cue the downvotes but I don’t care.

[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 21:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Homophobia and banning on 19:34 - Oct 18 with 1741 viewsSitfcB

Homophobia and banning on 18:34 - Oct 18 by wkj

Did you report the post?

Report his own post?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Homophobia and banning on 19:37 - Oct 18 with 1725 viewsHerbivore

Homophobia and banning on 19:11 - Oct 18 by mylittletown

There is a big difference between vituperation and even genuine dislike over someone's views, and violence.
I think that Boris Johnson is an evil liar who is destroying the country, and I thought that Jeremy Corbyn was a pathetic little boy from a fee-paying school trying to be a working class hero, but I would not wish either them to have face violence or even death for their views.

Rewind 2 years and Johnson's most senior adviser seemed pretty relaxed about MPs facing threats of violence: https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/watch-labour-mp-confronts-dominic-cumm

They've created and attempted to sustain a toxic political environment in recent years all for electoral gain. It's pretty disgusting.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Homophobia and banning on 19:48 - Oct 18 with 1675 viewswkj

Homophobia and banning on 19:34 - Oct 18 by SitfcB

Report his own post?

yes

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Homophobia and banning on 19:56 - Oct 18 with 1666 viewsMelford

I've had it all since I started working in pubs for the last 20 years and I'm not even gay, like how Graeme Le Saux had it, I read The Guardian and all the stuff I'd studied doing English Lit in the bar out of the way.. I've always had long hair and do mince around a bit, which make you a poofter in some peoples eyes, I remember a year when I was called bender B***** (my surname) or backs to the wall B***** for a year at school.

For a straight man I've had a load of homophobic abuse in my time.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Homophobia and banning on 20:07 - Oct 18 with 1616 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Homophobia and banning on 19:34 - Oct 18 by BlueBadger

If it's this you were talking about, its because you were plainly talking rubbish.

Think this forum needs to be closed down by TractorBoyOlly 18 Oct 2021 12:30
#BeKind and mental health pandemic lost on a lot of you. The vitriol spouted at our manager who has only been in a job since March. We’re better than that. What do you actually want? A Watford approach?

Cue the downvotes but I don’t care.

[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 21:46]

Aye, that post was nonsense.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Homophobia and banning on 20:15 - Oct 18 with 1600 viewsSwansea_Blue

Homophobia and banning on 17:35 - Oct 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I had an awkward situation against Shrewsbury - someone behind me repeatedly shouted "you poofta" at the Shrewsbury keeper. I turned round to see who it was/have a word, and it was this really old guy with about 3 teeth. Never seen him before so I suspect he's a dad or grandad of someone.

Long and short, I couldn't bring myself to have a go at him. And he stopped after a bit. But it was awkward, because I think someone ought to point it out to him that that sort f thing isn't acceptable anymore, but then I don't want to put the fear of god into a clearly old guy who probably doesn't know any better, because he's from another time.

Should I have said something? I mean technically I should've spoken to a steward, but then an old man gets thrown out and/or arrested. It's not acceptable... but is it a bit more understandable when it's someone very old and their intent won't be the same as a young person, who ought to know better?

Rookie mistake. If he wanted to use a homophobic slur, he should have gone with the socially acceptable “tank-topped bum boy”. He’d have been fine then.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Homophobia and banning on 20:28 - Oct 18 with 1547 viewsMullet

Homophobia and banning on 18:36 - Oct 18 by yesjohn99

He’s calling for a clampdown on abuse but doesn’t report it. What’s that about?

Fair enough, not sure I can answer for him. Other than sometimes these people tend to have no boundaries and can get rather stalky and weird. Perhaps taking a stand alone is hard for some?

This place usually puts these pondlife in their place if they aren't the type to hold their hands up and admit their transgression to be honest. Most of the racists and bigots are chased off one username at a time.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Homophobia and banning on 20:38 - Oct 18 with 1506 viewsBlueBadger

Homophobia and banning on 20:28 - Oct 18 by Mullet

Fair enough, not sure I can answer for him. Other than sometimes these people tend to have no boundaries and can get rather stalky and weird. Perhaps taking a stand alone is hard for some?

This place usually puts these pondlife in their place if they aren't the type to hold their hands up and admit their transgression to be honest. Most of the racists and bigots are chased off one username at a time.

Can certainly testify getting the odd weirdo trying to get up close and personal because of having their online activities challenged..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Homophobia and banning on 21:02 - Oct 18 with 1448 viewsRyorry

Homophobia and banning on 18:52 - Oct 18 by TractorBoyOlly

I’ve not seen it to be fair but this is exactly the kind of behaviour I was referring to but it fell on deaf ears.

It "fell on deaf ears" because you said you thought this forum needed to be "closed down" because people had criticised our manager 😂

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Homophobia and banning on 21:09 - Oct 18 with 1420 viewsMookamoo

Homophobia and banning on 18:26 - Oct 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

yeah good idea. Never seen him before, but if it happens again I might try that.

It would be interesting to know how many people know what they should do in that situation. Its a good opportunity for the club to engage and educate the crowd on what procedures they have in place to help people report this type of issue.

I see the statement the club made today said all the right things but omitted any kind of dedicated phone number or email.
Homophobia and banning on 21:09 - Oct 18 with 1418 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Homophobia and banning on 19:37 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

Rewind 2 years and Johnson's most senior adviser seemed pretty relaxed about MPs facing threats of violence: https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/watch-labour-mp-confronts-dominic-cumm

They've created and attempted to sustain a toxic political environment in recent years all for electoral gain. It's pretty disgusting.

They did bring in a lot of laws off the back of Jo Cox's murder and Dianne Abbott's online abuse, though!

Hence, why they know there is no more they can do now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Homophobia and banning on 21:53 - Oct 18 with 1340 viewsmylittletown

Homophobia and banning on 19:37 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

As I said, Johnson is a vile piece of sh1t and so is Cummings, but they don't deserve violence.

They do deserve hatred and ridicule though. As a conman and fraudster, Johnson probably deserves to go to prison, unlike Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, who he sacrificed for a soundbite.
Homophobia and banning on 21:59 - Oct 18 with 1323 viewsitfcjoe

Homophobia and banning on 21:09 - Oct 18 by Mookamoo

It would be interesting to know how many people know what they should do in that situation. Its a good opportunity for the club to engage and educate the crowd on what procedures they have in place to help people report this type of issue.

I see the statement the club made today said all the right things but omitted any kind of dedicated phone number or email.

WE had a load of the crowd singing 'Ipswich fans on a bender, Hoolahan is a sex offender' at the weekend, with shouts of 'peado' when he got on the ball.

Where do you even start?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Homophobia and banning on 22:06 - Oct 18 with 1286 viewsHerbivore

Homophobia and banning on 21:53 - Oct 18 by mylittletown

As I said, Johnson is a vile piece of sh1t and so is Cummings, but they don't deserve violence.

They do deserve hatred and ridicule though. As a conman and fraudster, Johnson probably deserves to go to prison, unlike Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, who he sacrificed for a soundbite.

They don't deserve violence but in their own way they've incited it at times, imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Homophobia and banning on 22:12 - Oct 18 with 1247 viewsmylittletown

Homophobia and banning on 22:06 - Oct 18 by Herbivore

They don't deserve violence but in their own way they've incited it at times, imo.

I agree with that.
They are scum, as Angela Rayner rightly said, and they should be called out as such. But that is enough.
We have to vote them out of power, stop buying the rags that support them, cancel our Sky subscriptions, argue with the people who support them, despite their obvious dishonesty etc etc.
Homophobia and banning on 22:51 - Oct 18 with 1148 viewsistanblue

Snowflake.
Homophobia and banning on 23:26 - Oct 18 with 1076 viewsBluefish

Homophobia and banning on 21:59 - Oct 18 by itfcjoe

WE had a load of the crowd singing 'Ipswich fans on a bender, Hoolahan is a sex offender' at the weekend, with shouts of 'peado' when he got on the ball.

Where do you even start?

They seem to not have no concept of the songs helping or not helping the team

Homophobia and banning on 07:34 - Oct 19 with 903 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Homophobia and banning on 23:26 - Oct 18 by Bluefish

They seem to not have no concept of the songs helping or not helping the team

Come again.....still feverish!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Homophobia and banning on 07:41 - Oct 19 with 966 viewsBluefish

Homophobia and banning on 07:34 - Oct 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Come again.....still feverish!

Just pissed

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024