Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sports psychologist- this squad 08:37 - Oct 19 with 649 viewsArnieM

Is in serious and urgent need of a sports psychologist. The problem is a mental issue not perhaps do much a quality of player issue.

If it was good enough for the great SBR to request for our misfiring England Striker, Paul Mariner ( RIP), then it’s certainly good enough for this current squad .

The sooner a SP is employed, the better!

Edit , and while we’re at it, some of our fan base would need to attend some sessions too I feel .
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 8:38]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sports psychologist- this squad on 08:42 - Oct 19 with 621 viewswkj

RE Your edit - Honestly, that is the sentiment I think a few people would say apples to you when you get nasty about young players bettering their careers.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sports psychologist- this squad on 09:33 - Oct 19 with 562 viewsArnieM

Sports psychologist- this squad on 08:42 - Oct 19 by wkj

RE Your edit - Honestly, that is the sentiment I think a few people would say apples to you when you get nasty about young players bettering their careers.

Let me be clear on that point. I’ve absolutely NO issue with young players bettering their careers. It’s the WAY some go about it , that I have an issue with.

Sports psychologist- this squad on 09:36 - Oct 19 with 542 viewsGarv

I think they have one already.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sports psychologist- this squad on 09:38 - Oct 19 with 531 viewsArnieM

Sports psychologist- this squad on 09:36 - Oct 19 by Garv

I think they have one already.

Have they checked his credentials lol?

Sports psychologist- this squad on 09:44 - Oct 19 with 522 viewsChurchman

Surely part of being a good player is the mental side of the game. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you collapse when the opposition gets in your face, you are never going to be very good and I don’t see how any sports. psychologist can make much of a difference.

I’d be very interested to hear if anybody on here has used one and if I’m wrong (which in my ignorance I may well be). If this stuff does make a difference and we have a psychologist, perhaps he/she needs replacing.
Sports psychologist- this squad on 09:47 - Oct 19 with 516 viewschicoazul

I say this respectfully but we need as a fan base to have a conversation about how positive the spectre of Bobby Robson is nowadays. Every time anyone makes a point someone will pop up about “good enough for Sir Bob in 1978 good enough for us” as if the world hasn’t turned a billion times since.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sports psychologist- this squad on 10:51 - Oct 19 with 441 viewsBlueBadger

Sports psychologist- this squad on 09:47 - Oct 19 by chicoazul

I say this respectfully but we need as a fan base to have a conversation about how positive the spectre of Bobby Robson is nowadays. Every time anyone makes a point someone will pop up about “good enough for Sir Bob in 1978 good enough for us” as if the world hasn’t turned a billion times since.

How many times have we heard 'well, people booed Sir Bobby' when the records of some of our Banter Era managers are under scrutiny.

It's always worth pointing out that Sir Bobby was a rookie manager when he came in. Most of our Banter Era ones had dozens, if not hundreds of matches under their belts when they came in. Sir Bobby had 36.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sports psychologist- this squad on 10:52 - Oct 19 with 440 viewsFBI

Sports psychologist- this squad on 09:47 - Oct 19 by chicoazul

I think you're right, and I say this as a regular from 1976-1985.

Every manager since has his ghost hanging over him, a bit like the Matt Busby effect at United. It's an added pressure that we as fans apply, even those who never knew those days.

Back on track - wasn't KD talking about getting the SAS team down there?

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Login to get fewer ads

Sports psychologist- this squad on 10:57 - Oct 19 with 423 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why not just better coaching? I always see people skirting round the edges of the issue with how we're set up. We see it too with calls for there to be a better assistant manager or a DoF. When you're conceding the joint most goals in the league, maybe the answer is as simple as better coaching around defensive shape and better game management. Sure, you need that resilience and determination, but that can/should come from the manager and the coaching team in terms of building a 'winning' culture.

Not that I'm adverse to the idea of of sports psychology - it's probably essential. Just that our problems seem to be more more fundamentally about the game itself.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024