Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays the day for a statement win 10:47 - Oct 19 with 2224 viewsnodge_blue

Beating Portsmouth away would be a big win for us right now. Especially under floodlights with noisy home support.

Somehow this side has to find that balance of flair and steel to start putting teams away. We cant go on much longer with this one step forward and one back all the time.

We have all seen patches where we look very good. Thats the annoying thing. Its hard to fathom how we can go from having strangle holds over opponents to letting them fully back into the match.

I think we need a bit more physicality up the pitch too. Somehow get Pigott alongside Bonne. I wouldn't start with Fraser or Celina either who I think are both a little physically light. Id play Chaplin for his energy. Burns instead of Aluko. Morsey and Evans. Maybe more of a diamond midfield. Full backs would have to push on.

And Id pump them all up to go out there and fight for it!

The shape won't happen I know.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 10:57]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Todays the day for a statement win on 10:49 - Oct 19 with 1661 viewshomer_123

Just a win will do to be honest.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Todays the day for a statement win on 10:51 - Oct 19 with 1649 viewstextbackup

Todays the day for a statement win on 10:49 - Oct 19 by homer_123

Just a win will do to be honest.

a draw with no piss weak defending would do me. atleast make it hard for the other tea to score

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Todays the day for a statement win on 10:57 - Oct 19 with 1607 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Don't even need a statement win - just a convincing one.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Todays the day for a statement win on 10:58 - Oct 19 with 1587 viewsBlueBadger

Todays the day for a statement win on 10:57 - Oct 19 by JammyDodgerrr

A clean sheet would help, as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Todays the day for a statement win on 10:59 - Oct 19 with 1598 viewspositivity

Todays the day for a statement win on 10:57 - Oct 19 by JammyDodgerrr

don't even need a convincing win - just a win.

followed by another!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Todays the day for a statement win on 10:59 - Oct 19 with 1590 viewsGarv

It's our first 'big' game, bar maybe Sheffield Wednesday, so it'll be interesting and possibly an indicator of how the season might go. Our season will be defined by how we get on against the big boys.

Wouldn't be against getting Pigott in there, Bonne wasn't really in the game on Saturday. One up front makes more sense at home, less so away.

Chaplin has to play and I think Aluko too actually. You can't drop someone who's just scored two goals. Even aside from Cambridge, his cameos this season haven't been bad at all (discounting Newport when he probably shouldn't have played).

Something like;

Hladky
Donacien Edmundson Burgess Penney/Coulson
El Mizouni Morsy
Chaplin Pigott Celina/Fraser
Bonne

I don't see why Evans should come straight back in for El Mizouni, having struggled in a lot of away games so far this year.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 11:03]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Todays the day for a statement win on 10:59 - Oct 19 with 1589 viewsSwansea_Blue

I do wonder/hope if we're likely to raise our game when it really matters against the top teams. We've not met anyone from the top yet. Or I could just be clutching at straws.

Edit - doh. I was thinking about Plymouth, not Portsmouth. Getting ahead of myself by a couple of matches! Although they do have a tag as one of the bigger clubs in this league I suppose.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 11:21]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:01 - Oct 19 with 1602 viewsitfcjoe

Portsmouth have lost 7 out of the last 9, a real big opportunity to go there and kick start the season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:01 - Oct 19 with 1586 viewsDinnernotTea

Todays the day for a statement win on 10:51 - Oct 19 by textbackup

a draw with no piss weak defending would do me. atleast make it hard for the other tea to score

Bizarrely backs against the wall dogfight 0-0 might do wonders for us.

But with their crowd up at any point (like Saturday) we know we will wilt away.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:05 - Oct 19 with 1552 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not really a big win is it? Portsmouth's recovery from their own joke and non-existant owners makes them a model of what Town could have been before they opted to become a franchise.

Just a game between two clubs that once harboured grandiose ideas and spent money they hadn't got. Pompey seem to have learned the lesson - the franchise might not have.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:07 - Oct 19 with 1540 viewsDinnernotTea

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:01 - Oct 19 by itfcjoe

Portsmouth have lost 7 out of the last 9, a real big opportunity to go there and kick start the season

They've lost only 1 in the last 6 at home.

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:09 - Oct 19 with 1525 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Wasn't confident until I read that! didn't they beat Sunderland 4-0 in that run?
Todays the day for a statement win on 11:10 - Oct 19 with 1521 viewsSteve_M

Oh...

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:16 - Oct 19 with 1493 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Strange really, for both them and us. Naturally the top two preferences for our job would be the Cowleys and Cook - both of them struggling at respective clubs with different fortunes when you'd expect both of them to be the top two managers in the league.

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:18 - Oct 19 with 1480 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:09 - Oct 19 by abracaDOBRA_

Wasn't confident until I read that! didn't they beat Sunderland 4-0 in that run?

Yes - but that was their first win in almost two wins. They won three of their first five and then went seven without a win.

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:18 - Oct 19 with 1474 viewsBlueBadger

If there's one thing you can rely on us for, it's breaking someone else's poor run.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:21 - Oct 19 with 1446 viewsBlueBadger

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:05 - Oct 19 by ElephantintheRoom

Not really a big win is it? Portsmouth's recovery from their own joke and non-existant owners makes them a model of what Town could have been before they opted to become a franchise.

Just a game between two clubs that once harboured grandiose ideas and spent money they hadn't got. Pompey seem to have learned the lesson - the franchise might not have.

Don't you find being THIS edgy all the time exhausting?

I know I would.

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:26 - Oct 19 with 1433 viewsIllinoisblue

Todays the day for a statement win on 11:05 - Oct 19 by ElephantintheRoom

Captain Contrarian reporting for duty.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Todays the day for a statement win on 12:02 - Oct 19 with 1332 viewsBlue_Order

We’ve had enough statements this week already tbh.
Todays the day for a statement win on 12:13 - Oct 19 with 1280 viewspositivity

you had to mention that!

to give the opposite view, they're on an unbeaten run at home, including a 4-0 win against sunderland, so we're bound to lose

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Todays the day for a statement win on 12:15 - Oct 19 with 1268 viewsDinnernotTea

Todays the day for a statement win on 12:13 - Oct 19 by positivity

you had to mention that!

to give the opposite view, they're on an unbeaten run at home, including a 4-0 win against sunderland, so we're bound to lose

As already pointed out they've lost just 1 in last 6 home games.

Todays the day for a statement win on 12:23 - Oct 19 with 1241 viewsnodge_blue

Todays the day for a statement win on 10:59 - Oct 19 by Garv

It's our first 'big' game, bar maybe Sheffield Wednesday, so it'll be interesting and possibly an indicator of how the season might go. Our season will be defined by how we get on against the big boys.

Wouldn't be against getting Pigott in there, Bonne wasn't really in the game on Saturday. One up front makes more sense at home, less so away.

Chaplin has to play and I think Aluko too actually. You can't drop someone who's just scored two goals. Even aside from Cambridge, his cameos this season haven't been bad at all (discounting Newport when he probably shouldn't have played).

Something like;

Hladky
Donacien Edmundson Burgess Penney/Coulson
El Mizouni Morsy
Chaplin Pigott Celina/Fraser
Bonne

I don't see why Evans should come straight back in for El Mizouni, having struggled in a lot of away games so far this year.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 11:03]

I think Burns hasn't let us down. Has the pace on the break and has also scored goals. Still think he starts ahead imo.

Evans I think needs to continue. He scored that hat trick. He needs a good run alongside Morsey.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Todays the day for a statement win on 12:27 - Oct 19 with 1210 viewsBlueBadger

Todays the day for a statement win on 12:02 - Oct 19 by Blue_Order

We’ve had enough statements this week already tbh.

'Statements' are the new 'improved performances'.

Todays the day for a statement win on 12:44 - Oct 19 with 1143 viewsIllinoisblue

If we can somehow scrape a win then beat Fleetwood it will be a great week.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Todays the day for a statement win on 12:45 - Oct 19 with 1145 viewsGarv

Todays the day for a statement win on 12:23 - Oct 19 by nodge_blue

I think Burns hasn't let us down. Has the pace on the break and has also scored goals. Still think he starts ahead imo.

Evans I think needs to continue. He scored that hat trick. He needs a good run alongside Morsey.

Unless I'm mistaken Aluko has scored more than Burns, but I get your point. You can't argue with Burns playing, but dropping Aluko goes completely against the 'keep your shirt' culture.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024