Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone with Shell Energy? 14:11 - Oct 19 with 1428 viewsGeoffSentence

I have just been shifted over to them after collapse of PurePlanet and would be interested to hear about people's experience of them, be it good, bad or indifferent.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone with Shell Energy? on 14:27 - Oct 19 with 1373 viewshomer_123

Awful - got shifted after People's went under....about to get moved away from them.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone with Shell Energy? on 14:33 - Oct 19 with 1361 viewsHerbivore

I was with them before and they were fine, I didn't encounter any problems. They bought out a green energy firm that I'd originally signed up to and even though I was on a green tariff I binned them off at the first opportunity because they are Shell and make most of their money in fossil fuels.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone with Shell Energy? on 14:40 - Oct 19 with 1332 viewsRyorry

Well as I said on other thread, apart from it taking me over 4 hours to get one basic bit of info re the times their E7 tariff applies to (3 x calls on hold incl once getting cut off after 30 mins whilst waiting for supervisor to come on; 2 failed bot chats, answer not there nor in FAQs; 6 reps on twitter not having the info but the 7th one did!) - everything fine!

Was initially shocked by the prices for their Flexible 6 tariff which is the one I've been put on (after I was transferred from Green), ie

Electricity
Standing charge (per day) 26.53p
Unit rate day (per kWh) 25.125p
Unit rate night (per kWh) 10.607p

but having now googled all other suppliers which do both 100% renewables *and* E10, those rates are actually now looking extremely reasonable in comparison.

Customer service as I said has been poor, but they do of course have the mitigation that they must be rather overwhelmed by the sudden influx of newbies.

Was eventually told E7 times in Yorkshire are approx 00.30-07.30 (I'm assuming that's BST as I've never heard of a supplier going as late as 08.30 with it). What they don't tell you is that if you already have an E10 meter, it automatically switches over to your previous cheap rate times incl the afternoon & mid evening ones, as I discovered when I went to check it one pm ;)

Edit - I can't switch yet as haven't been given proper acct. yet, but will be doing so asap for same reasons as Herbivore.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 14:42]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone with Shell Energy? on 14:53 - Oct 19 with 1297 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

It has always amused me that people move from the big well known firms with easy access to fault escalation and customer service chains to move to smaller firms where they can't get hold of anyone apart from Tuesday afternoons.
Anyone with Shell Energy? on 14:54 - Oct 19 with 1280 viewsN2_Blue

We've been moved to Shell as we were previously with Green.

People will have their own perspective of the company etc. but a colleague who is with them says they have been a good supplier, easy to deal with and having had a look at their tariffs in comparison to what is out there (i.e. not a lot) they look completely reasonable to me.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone with Shell Energy? on 15:30 - Oct 19 with 1241 viewsRyorry

Anyone with Shell Energy? on 14:53 - Oct 19 by BlueBlueBluex2

It has always amused me that people move from the big well known firms with easy access to fault escalation and customer service chains to move to smaller firms where they can't get hold of anyone apart from Tuesday afternoons.

I was with Green who were brilliant for cs - best I've ever had of any large company anywhere at any time.

If you needed to contact them at any time from early morning to late at night, you could phone them on a normal phone no., standard rate, and get straight through to an actual human being within 20 seconds at most, who would themselves deal competently & quickly with any issue, in a courteous & friendly manner. No menus, no loops, no holds, no buck-passing.

Feel so sorry for all their staff made redundant - they least of all deserved that.

Edit: just to add that both of the big 6 companies I was with (Scottish & NPower) were *horrendous* for CS. Hours on hold on loops, uninformed reps, faulty billing, incorrectly installed/faulty meters. The moneysavingexpert.com forum section of site dealing with energy suppliers had literally hundreds of pages of posts from extremely angry customers whose disputes with them, esp npower, had been going on for months, sometimes years.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 16:55]

Anyone with Shell Energy? on 17:25 - Oct 19 with 1115 viewsmonytowbray

Same for us.

I’ll be sitting on my arse until they threaten to cut me off then switching.

F**k Shell. It’s your moral duty to steal from eco-terrorists disguised as corps.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 17:26]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Anyone with Shell Energy? on 17:36 - Oct 19 with 1092 viewsbluelagos

Anyone with Shell Energy? on 17:25 - Oct 19 by monytowbray

Same for us.

I’ll be sitting on my arse until they threaten to cut me off then switching.

F**k Shell. It’s your moral duty to steal from eco-terrorists disguised as corps.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 17:26]

"It’s your moral duty to steal from eco-terrorists disguised as corps."

Where you been all day?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone with Shell Energy? on 18:15 - Oct 19 with 1028 viewsfactual_blue

I haven't had any experience with them.

Hope that helps.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone with Shell Energy? on 12:38 - Oct 25 with 820 viewsRyorry

Just had an email from Green saying that my monthly subscription has been cancelled - I guess they mean DDs, which I thought were supposed to continue 🤔 Is this anything to worry about or just standard - anyone know?

Anyone with Shell Energy? on 13:40 - Oct 25 with 752 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone with Shell Energy? on 18:15 - Oct 19 by factual_blue

I haven't had any experience with them.

Hope that helps.

It's a big help thanks Facters, I know not to ask you again.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024