Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aluko on the left 08:22 - Oct 20 with 1106 viewsGlasgowBlue

Other than Bonne, Wes Burns has been my standout player this season. He should be nailed in to start on the right wing.

Sone Aluko has been given an opportunity and grabbed it with both hands. He’s okayed well and scored goals.

So do we move Aluko to the left and bring Wes Burns back into the side on Saturday?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Aluko on the left on 08:29 - Oct 20 with 1058 viewsDanTheMan

If Aluko can play as well on the left, then I think it's worth going for.

Whilst I like Edwards, he doesn't have a lot of end product at the moment. Fraser hasn't pulled up any trees either.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Aluko on the left on 09:35 - Oct 20 with 931 viewsBluefish

For me the starting 4 must be

Bonne
Aluko Chaplin Burns

You then have cover from

Edwards left
Celina left
Fraser Central
Barry ?

The cover for Bonne is Pigott then Norwood but that is concerning because the pig can't play the same role and Norwood is out of favour. Not sure worth mentioning Jackson

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Aluko on the left on 09:37 - Oct 20 with 918 viewsHerbivore

Yes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Aluko on the left on 09:58 - Oct 20 with 855 viewshandslikeplates

Yeah, Burns is bloody excellent
Aluko on the left on 09:59 - Oct 20 with 851 viewsGlasgowBlue

Aluko on the left on 09:35 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

For me the starting 4 must be

Bonne
Aluko Chaplin Burns

You then have cover from

Edwards left
Celina left
Fraser Central
Barry ?

The cover for Bonne is Pigott then Norwood but that is concerning because the pig can't play the same role and Norwood is out of favour. Not sure worth mentioning Jackson

The team is starting to pick itself. Especially in the opposition half of the pitch.

Morsy and Evans are clearly Cook's preferred midfield partnership.

Edmundson looks like a guaranteed starter. Toto was assured last night but needs to stay injury and error free.

Donacien continues to impress and seems to have added an attacking element to his game.

What's up with Coulson? I thought he only had a minor knock. Penney is decent but Coulson is the better of the two imo.

Walton has to stay in goal.

[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 10:00]

Iron Lion Zion

Aluko on the left on 10:02 - Oct 20 with 832 viewsHerbivore

Aluko on the left on 09:59 - Oct 20 by GlasgowBlue

The team is starting to pick itself. Especially in the opposition half of the pitch.

Morsy and Evans are clearly Cook's preferred midfield partnership.

Edmundson looks like a guaranteed starter. Toto was assured last night but needs to stay injury and error free.

Donacien continues to impress and seems to have added an attacking element to his game.

What's up with Coulson? I thought he only had a minor knock. Penney is decent but Coulson is the better of the two imo.

Walton has to stay in goal.

[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 10:00]

From memory, didn't it look like Coulson had done his groin? In which case it can be 6-8 weeks or longer depending on severity.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Aluko on the left on 10:18 - Oct 20 with 768 viewsitfcjoe

Difficult one, have we seen any of Aluko on the left - because for me his strength is coming in and using the ball well.

If you look at his Transfermarkt page, he has only played 11 times on the left since leaving Aberdeen in 2011. Since then he has either been a right winger, a 2nd striker or a centre forward - mostly on the right though

It looks like it's Burns and Aluko competing for one spot.

I'd personally play Celina on the left

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Aluko on the left on 10:36 - Oct 20 with 710 viewsGlasgowBlue

Aluko on the left on 10:18 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

Difficult one, have we seen any of Aluko on the left - because for me his strength is coming in and using the ball well.

If you look at his Transfermarkt page, he has only played 11 times on the left since leaving Aberdeen in 2011. Since then he has either been a right winger, a 2nd striker or a centre forward - mostly on the right though

It looks like it's Burns and Aluko competing for one spot.

I'd personally play Celina on the left

I'd use Celina from the bench a few more times until he get's up to speed. I'd certainly give him more minutes than he got last night.

When fully fit you would expect him to nail don a starting eleven place.

We really are spoiled for choice. I'd say this is the best squad we have ever had bin the history of the club.

Not quality-wise, obviously they can't compete with the teams of the past. But the fact we have like for like replacements on every position on the pitch.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024