Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... 09:50 - Oct 20 with 5917 viewsitfcjoe

....for me it is:

Donacien
Burns
Chaplin
Aluko
Bonne

They might not all fit in the team, but those 5 are the only ones for me who can feel aggrieved if they don't play as not put a foot wrong.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:56 - Oct 20 with 2970 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Morsy could be added to this list too.
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:57 - Oct 20 with 2982 viewstextbackup

Edmundson is our best CB by a mile. he starts for me too. and Evans alongside Morsy seems much more comfortable.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:57 - Oct 20 with 2948 viewsBluefish

Probably about right. Special mentions for Penney and El Mizouni who may not have staked a claim for guaranteed starter but have proved able deputies when required

Hopefully Edmundson and Walton can stake a claim now and we can really kick on

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:57 - Oct 20 with 2965 viewstextbackup

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:56 - Oct 20 by Mach_foreignBlue

Morsy could be added to this list too.

hmmmmm a little untidy lastnight i thought personally, could have been booked earlier too.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:59 - Oct 20 with 2918 viewsBluefish

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:57 - Oct 20 by textbackup

hmmmmm a little untidy lastnight i thought personally, could have been booked earlier too.

1st game superb, average since. Evans is similar in that way, we certainly aren't controlling enough yet in the middle hence the fragility of the side

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:00 - Oct 20 with 2925 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:57 - Oct 20 by textbackup

Yep however it's been better than it was under the Evans-Harper combo.
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:01 - Oct 20 with 2929 viewsitfcjoe

Edmundson is our best CB by a mile. he starts for me too. and Evans alongside Morsy seems much more comfortable.

Yep - just don't think any of those has really nailed it down yet and made themselves undroppable - even though Morsy clearly is going to start every game.

I couldn't watch last night, sounds like Edmundson's best game by a distance

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:01 - Oct 20 with 2918 viewstextbackup

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:00 - Oct 20 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yep however it's been better than it was under the Evans-Harper combo.

yep thats for sure.

Login to get fewer ads

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:02 - Oct 20 with 2920 viewshype313

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:59 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

1st game superb, average since. Evans is similar in that way, we certainly aren't controlling enough yet in the middle hence the fragility of the side

Evans had a very good game last night, he's been underwhelming so far, Doncaster aside but he could have cooked a 3 course dinner with the amount of time he had, but certainly looked more like the player last night we were all hoping he would be.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:02 - Oct 20 with 2909 viewsIpswichKnight

Headache and a nice one for Cook over who plays on the right Aluko or Burns?
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:04 - Oct 20 with 2890 viewshype313

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:02 - Oct 20 by IpswichKnight

Headache and a nice one for Cook over who plays on the right Aluko or Burns?

Or Burns on the right, Chaplin in the middle and Aluko on the left.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:04 - Oct 20 with 2890 viewsSteve_M

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 09:57 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

Probably about right. Special mentions for Penney and El Mizouni who may not have staked a claim for guaranteed starter but have proved able deputies when required

Hopefully Edmundson and Walton can stake a claim now and we can really kick on

Yep, I thought El Miz was really good for an hour on Saturday but probably faded a bit as the team did. Penney is just tidy, ok on the ball but made a really good start here.

Agree with Joe's list too.

Edmundson has certainly got better from a shaky start, one error messing around on the ball in the Portsmouth half yesterday mind.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:07 - Oct 20 with 2830 viewsBluefish

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:02 - Oct 20 by hype313

Evans had a very good game last night, he's been underwhelming so far, Doncaster aside but he could have cooked a 3 course dinner with the amount of time he had, but certainly looked more like the player last night we were all hoping he would be.

I thought Evans was miles better last night but I'm not really that convinced by him

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:10 - Oct 20 with 2834 viewstextbackup

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:01 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

Yep - just don't think any of those has really nailed it down yet and made themselves undroppable - even though Morsy clearly is going to start every game.

I couldn't watch last night, sounds like Edmundson's best game by a distance

i'm not sure i remember us having a CB with his pace?

hell of a engine on him.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:19 - Oct 20 with 2768 viewshomer_123

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:10 - Oct 20 by textbackup

hell of a engine on him.

Deceivingly quick.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:20 - Oct 20 with 2754 viewsitfc1108

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:10 - Oct 20 by textbackup

hell of a engine on him.

I'm sure I remember reading as well that he prefers to play on the left side as well, so hopefully him and Toto can form a good partnership for the long term.
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:20 - Oct 20 with 2745 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Adding to your list I would say only a maximum of 3 places only in the starting 11 are slightly up for debate at this stage is pretty darn good. And plenty of options for those positions too.

CB partner for Edmundson
Left mid
Don/KVY

I think the keeper and CM pair are fixed now, and Coulson comes in at LB.

We are getting there.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 10:21]
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:22 - Oct 20 with 2715 viewsitfcjoe

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:20 - Oct 20 by WilbrahamBlue

Adding to your list I would say only a maximum of 3 places only in the starting 11 are slightly up for debate at this stage is pretty darn good. And plenty of options for those positions too.

CB partner for Edmundson
Left mid
Don/KVY

We are getting there.

Yep it's not so much saying who will obviously keep their position - more just looking at who is performing to a high level - and I think an argument can be made that we didn't expect Donacien, Bonne, Aluko or Burns to be key men at the start of the season

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:23 - Oct 20 with 2705 viewshype313

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:20 - Oct 20 by WilbrahamBlue

CB partner for Edmundson
Left mid
Don/KVY

We are getting there.

I don't think the RB is up for debate, Donacien along with Burns and Bonne has been our standout player, KVY has a long way to go before he gets back in IMO.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:26 - Oct 20 with 2673 viewstractorboy1978

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:23 - Oct 20 by hype313

I don't think the RB is up for debate, Donacien along with Burns and Bonne has been our standout player, KVY has a long way to go before he gets back in IMO.

Donacien getting forwards and providing two decent assists is a revelation as that's always been my issue with him. He's always been a solid defender. If he can consistently offer an attacking threat and good delivery then we'll have some player on our hands. He looks an example of a player that's improving with good coaching.
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:27 - Oct 20 with 2662 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:23 - Oct 20 by hype313

Right now possibly not, but personally I think we will end seeing KVY or even another right back after Jan, who fits Cooks rigid system of attack better. I don't see JD as a long-term Cook solution, I just don't.
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:29 - Oct 20 with 2645 viewshype313

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:26 - Oct 20 by tractorboy1978

Donacien getting forwards and providing two decent assists is a revelation as that's always been my issue with him. He's always been a solid defender. If he can consistently offer an attacking threat and good delivery then we'll have some player on our hands. He looks an example of a player that's improving with good coaching.

I don't think we need him to be the all attacking full back now we have Burns, in fact having the stability of him has actually enhanced Burns as he knows if he goes and loses the ball he has cover behind him.

This license has meant Burns has been able to provide a large number of assists, I do wonder if KVY was in the team marauding forward it would cause a little confusion on that right flank.

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:34 - Oct 20 with 2593 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:26 - Oct 20 by tractorboy1978

I think characters like JD really respond to Cooks nature and backing, you can see Cook building his confidence up and JD looks one of the happiest on the pitch when we score.

You would really think Cook could do this with Woolfy, so its doubly concerning he's dropping out of squads these days even with Cook-type support and badgering. The day arrived where Toto became a better option than him....
Players that have grabbed their opportunity so far with both hands.... on 10:37 - Oct 20 with 2565 viewsGarv

Without putting a downer on things I don't expect to see regular assists from JD. Last night wasn't the norm in terms of his attacking output. Pompey were terrible.

If KVY can't force his way in and find some form I can see a new right back being targeted come January.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

[Redacted] on 10:38 - Oct 20 with 2567 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024