Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
49,000 odd cases today 17:07 - Oct 20 with 9204 viewsgiant_stow

Its all going to sh1t again innit.

Great.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

49,000 odd cases today on 17:12 - Oct 20 with 3390 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I think winter is going to be messy especially if the dominant flu is not one that is in this years vaccine mix.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

49,000 odd cases today on 17:12 - Oct 20 with 3383 viewsMookamoo

Plan B or not to Plan B.

Masks and vaccination passports isn't a huge sacrifice. I suspect that particular cork is well and truly out of the bottle for those hell bent on 'freedom', whatever that is.
49,000 odd cases today on 17:13 - Oct 20 with 3374 viewsgiant_stow

49,000 odd cases today on 17:12 - Oct 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think winter is going to be messy especially if the dominant flu is not one that is in this years vaccine mix.

You could well be right and through in every other bubbling crisis too... fun times coming.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

49,000 odd cases today on 17:13 - Oct 20 with 3370 viewsBasuco

The rolling 7 day average death rate today is exactly the same as it was 1 year ago, 136, agree, it is not looking good.
49,000 odd cases today on 17:14 - Oct 20 with 3358 viewsgiant_stow

49,000 odd cases today on 17:12 - Oct 20 by Mookamoo

Plan B or not to Plan B.

Masks and vaccination passports isn't a huge sacrifice. I suspect that particular cork is well and truly out of the bottle for those hell bent on 'freedom', whatever that is.

Bang on - masks, passports and booster jabs quick time please. Anything to avoid lockdown.

49,000 odd cases today on 17:16 - Oct 20 with 3362 viewsIllinoisblue

Fear not, the anti-Vax loons are out “serving” papers again and claiming it’s all a hoax, this time at Colchester hospital. I cannot stress enough how much I want to see these people bludgeoned with bats.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

49,000 odd cases today on 17:17 - Oct 20 with 3337 viewsZx1988

49,000 odd cases today on 17:13 - Oct 20 by Basuco

The rolling 7 day average death rate today is exactly the same as it was 1 year ago, 136, agree, it is not looking good.

I saw this too - and cases well above where we were this time last year.

The vaccine is all well and good, and is clearly serving to reduce the number of deaths per thousand cases, but that means sod all if we're just going to let cases run wild.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

49,000 odd cases today on 17:19 - Oct 20 with 3321 viewsZXBlue

49,000 odd cases today on 17:17 - Oct 20 by Zx1988

The vaccine is all well and good, and is clearly serving to reduce the number of deaths per thousand cases, but that means sod all if we're just going to let cases run wild.

The government don;t care. It is time to plough on regardless and accept the death rates.

We could have potentially kept a lid on by not just abandoning all efforts to limit spread, but its a bit late now.
Login to get fewer ads

49,000 odd cases today on 17:21 - Oct 20 with 3315 viewsfactual_blue

49,000 odd cases today on 17:19 - Oct 20 by ZXBlue

The government don;t care. It is time to plough on regardless and accept the death rates.

We could have potentially kept a lid on by not just abandoning all efforts to limit spread, but its a bit late now.

boris is building Covid back, but better.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

49,000 odd cases today on 17:21 - Oct 20 with 3318 viewsStokieBlue

Unfortunately this was always likely to be the case given bad weather and more indoor mixing. Removing things like the mask mandate has not helped either and given some of the attitudes to masks prevalent in society it's going to be hard to get some people to wear them again.

Hospitalisations were also up 11% and deaths up 21% week-on-week. There are concerns about people not getting boosters and suffering waning immunity. As it stands the hospitalisations are still a long way off the previous peaks but it could easily escalate and when combined with flu (which could also be reduced with mask wearing) it could be very bad for the NHS.

There is also a mutated version of the delta variant circulating in the UK which accounted for 6% of cases last week. This leads to two possibilities:

1) It was spread in a specific event hence the spike in cases.
2) It's more transmissible than the baseline delta variant (possibly up to 15% more)

Hard to see us getting through the winter with out least some restrictions back in place. The most sensible thing the government could do today would be to make masks mandatory again as that at least prevents some of the spread of both covid and flu.

It won't happen though, it'll happen when it's too late to make the required difference. I would go further and take the French/German approach which require vaccine passports everywhere but clearly that isn't popular as we have seen on here before.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

49,000 odd cases today on 17:21 - Oct 20 with 3311 viewsgiant_stow

49,000 odd cases today on 17:16 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

Fear not, the anti-Vax loons are out “serving” papers again and claiming it’s all a hoax, this time at Colchester hospital. I cannot stress enough how much I want to see these people bludgeoned with bats.

I try to stay tolerant, but its hard to not agree there. So dangerous yet so stupid.

49,000 odd cases today on 17:27 - Oct 20 with 3248 viewsBasuco

49,000 odd cases today on 17:17 - Oct 20 by Zx1988

Second lock down was on November 5th last year, I wonder if the vaccine can keep hospital admissions down this year with nearly 50,000 cases per day?
49,000 odd cases today on 17:27 - Oct 20 with 3249 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's a shame nobody was there to film the mass outbreak of sniggering after they left.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

49,000 odd cases today on 17:30 - Oct 20 with 3221 viewsIllinoisblue

49,000 odd cases today on 17:21 - Oct 20 by giant_stow

I try to stay tolerant, but its hard to not agree there. So dangerous yet so stupid.

I have zero tolerance for a gobsheeite in a green Puma tracksuit spouting nonsense. Credit to that woman for staying calm. He really needed a punch in the throat.

62 - 78 - 81

49,000 odd cases today on 17:33 - Oct 20 with 3191 viewsIllinoisblue

49,000 odd cases today on 17:21 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

Unfortunately this was always likely to be the case given bad weather and more indoor mixing. Removing things like the mask mandate has not helped either and given some of the attitudes to masks prevalent in society it's going to be hard to get some people to wear them again.

Hospitalisations were also up 11% and deaths up 21% week-on-week. There are concerns about people not getting boosters and suffering waning immunity. As it stands the hospitalisations are still a long way off the previous peaks but it could easily escalate and when combined with flu (which could also be reduced with mask wearing) it could be very bad for the NHS.

There is also a mutated version of the delta variant circulating in the UK which accounted for 6% of cases last week. This leads to two possibilities:

1) It was spread in a specific event hence the spike in cases.
2) It's more transmissible than the baseline delta variant (possibly up to 15% more)

Hard to see us getting through the winter with out least some restrictions back in place. The most sensible thing the government could do today would be to make masks mandatory again as that at least prevents some of the spread of both covid and flu.

It won't happen though, it'll happen when it's too late to make the required difference. I would go further and take the French/German approach which require vaccine passports everywhere but clearly that isn't popular as we have seen on here before.

SB

Is it a mixture of good ol British stubbornness and ignorance that’s causing people to not wear masks?

62 - 78 - 81

49,000 odd cases today on 17:41 - Oct 20 with 3117 viewsLeoMuff

Would have loved it if she had just popped them straight in the bin in front of them all.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

49,000 odd cases today on 17:44 - Oct 20 with 3089 viewsZXBlue

49,000 odd cases today on 17:41 - Oct 20 by LeoMuff

Would have loved it if she had just popped them straight in the bin in front of them all.

What is of significant note is that our much vaunted vaccine programme appears to have fallen down the toilet.

Boosters not getting done, and kids not getting vaccines despite clearly being a main source of spread via schools.
49,000 odd cases today on 17:47 - Oct 20 with 3079 viewsSteve_M

We are very much in a scenario we've seen before:

1. See cases are going up
2. Government says nothing to worry about and declines to bring in restrictions
3. Cases continue to grow exponentially
4. Government belatedly brings in restrictions that are both more stringent and for longer than they need be because they declined to act.

And for all that many people are vaccinated, we're progressing very slowly on boosters and vaccinations for teenagers. Immunity is waning just as people go back to mixing inside.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

49,000 odd cases today on 17:48 - Oct 20 with 3070 viewsStokieBlue

49,000 odd cases today on 17:33 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

Is it a mixture of good ol British stubbornness and ignorance that’s causing people to not wear masks?

I don't understand how anyone could claim ignorance after 20 months.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

49,000 odd cases today on 17:51 - Oct 20 with 3028 viewsBasuco

49,000 odd cases today on 17:44 - Oct 20 by ZXBlue

What is of significant note is that our much vaunted vaccine programme appears to have fallen down the toilet.

Boosters not getting done, and kids not getting vaccines despite clearly being a main source of spread via schools.

I have just checked the three vaccine booster sites on my GP email and there are no appointments available. The booster program does appear to be falling short, I am struggling to get mine.
49,000 odd cases today on 17:57 - Oct 20 with 2956 viewsbluelagos

Why give these pillocks the publicity they desire? I don't see people sharing flat earthers latest attempts to convince us the earth is flat.

They love the publicity and "authenticity" a discussion around their nonsense, feeds their need to feel important.

I'd simply just ignore the bell ends rather than let it worry you.

(Not a dig btw - is very tempting to highlight how stupid they are but I really think they are best left off a thread discussing appropriate responses to the ongoing pandemic)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

49,000 odd cases today on 17:58 - Oct 20 with 2956 viewsPinewoodblue

49,000 odd cases today on 17:47 - Oct 20 by Steve_M

We are very much in a scenario we've seen before:

1. See cases are going up
2. Government says nothing to worry about and declines to bring in restrictions
3. Cases continue to grow exponentially
4. Government belatedly brings in restrictions that are both more stringent and for longer than they need be because they declined to act.

And for all that many people are vaccinated, we're progressing very slowly on boosters and vaccinations for teenagers. Immunity is waning just as people go back to mixing inside.

Had my booster Sunday afternoon at Colchester stadium and was surprised by the age of people bring vaccinated. Majority seemed to be in the 20-40 age group and many were there for first jab.

While the government still hold back from making mask wearing mandatory it is clear that it is everyone’s best interest to wear them. Question for those who will be the North Stand concourse Saturday. Will you wear a mask or are you afraid what your mates will say if you do. It is worth remembering if things get a lot worse, because people don’t wear masks, that the likely outcome is games behind closed doors again.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

49,000 odd cases today on 17:58 - Oct 20 with 2947 viewspositivity

49,000 odd cases today on 17:51 - Oct 20 by Basuco

I have just checked the three vaccine booster sites on my GP email and there are no appointments available. The booster program does appear to be falling short, I am struggling to get mine.

gps are way too busy to do vaccinations as well, needs a proper community program like last time

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

49,000 odd cases today on 18:00 - Oct 20 with 2931 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

49,000 odd cases today on 17:51 - Oct 20 by Basuco

In my area all is going according to plan with the 'Booster'; had mine today.
Remember you have to wait 6 months after the 2nd vaccination. Mine was 6 months and eleven days. As for the anti vaxxers, please do not keep posting their rhetoric and movements. Why publish their videos etc? You are just giving them the publicity they crave.
49,000 odd cases today on 18:00 - Oct 20 with 2930 viewsEwan_Oozami

49,000 odd cases today on 17:58 - Oct 20 by Pinewoodblue

Had my booster Sunday afternoon at Colchester stadium and was surprised by the age of people bring vaccinated. Majority seemed to be in the 20-40 age group and many were there for first jab.

While the government still hold back from making mask wearing mandatory it is clear that it is everyone’s best interest to wear them. Question for those who will be the North Stand concourse Saturday. Will you wear a mask or are you afraid what your mates will say if you do. It is worth remembering if things get a lot worse, because people don’t wear masks, that the likely outcome is games behind closed doors again.

On Saturday I will wear my battenburg mask as proudly as I usually do....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024