Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dai Cornell 20:40 - Oct 20 with 3316 viewsjayessess

Anyone notice he's Posh's number one now? Played the last half dozen games, a couple of clean sheets too. Seemingly well-loved by Peterborough fans too.

Didn't see that one coming at all!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dai Cornell on 20:43 - Oct 20 with 3000 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Good keeper, better than Holy, hounded out by divs?
Dai Cornell on 20:43 - Oct 20 with 2992 viewswkj

I think Dai had ring rust- I prefered him over Holy in all honesty

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Dai Cornell on 20:44 - Oct 20 with 2986 viewschrismakin

I was fairly surprised he was let go over Holy, but can't say I saw a championship keeper there!

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Dai Cornell on 20:47 - Oct 20 with 2970 viewsIllinoisblue

Dai Cornell on 20:43 - Oct 20 by BlueBlueBluex2

No, yes, no

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dai Cornell on 20:48 - Oct 20 with 2973 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Big falling out between Pym and Ferguson to the extent that MacAnthony said he would sign a non contract keeper rather than play him again.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Dai Cornell on 20:58 - Oct 20 with 2900 viewsChrisd

He’s very fortunate that Christy Pym has had a fall out with Darren Ferguson, he wouldn’t be getting a look in otherwise.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Dai Cornell on 21:03 - Oct 20 with 2873 viewsjayessess

Dai Cornell on 20:58 - Oct 20 by Chrisd

He’s very fortunate that Christy Pym has had a fall out with Darren Ferguson, he wouldn’t be getting a look in otherwise.

Fortunate to get the look in, but seems to have grasped the chance, Posh fans on Twitter raving about him.

"classy and assured"
"looks a huge improvement on Pym"
"been our best player"

Dai Cornell on 21:09 - Oct 20 with 2833 viewsChrisd

Dai Cornell on 21:03 - Oct 20 by jayessess

Fortunate to get the look in, but seems to have grasped the chance, Posh fans on Twitter raving about him.

"classy and assured"
"been our best player"

Just flapped at a cross against Hull and should be behind. Won one league game with Cornell in goal and conceded plenty. Yeah ok he’s an upgrade 🙄, that’s why they’ll be be back in L1 next season if he’s their best player.

Login to get fewer ads

Dai Cornell on 21:30 - Oct 20 with 2710 viewsFunge

Yes, the abuse he took from the crowd last season was terrible.
Dai Cornell on 21:32 - Oct 20 with 2702 viewsjayessess

Dai Cornell on 21:09 - Oct 20 by Chrisd

Just flapped at a cross against Hull and should be behind. Won one league game with Cornell in goal and conceded plenty. Yeah ok he’s an upgrade 🙄, that’s why they’ll be be back in L1 next season if he’s their best player.

2 clean sheets in 5 isn't bad considering. Not sure why all the eye-rolling is necessary.

Dai Cornell on 21:38 - Oct 20 with 2673 viewsChrisd

Dai Cornell on 21:32 - Oct 20 by jayessess

2 clean sheets in 5 isn't bad considering. Not sure why all the eye-rolling is necessary.

Have a look at the rest of the games - 9 goals conceded. They look like they might pick up 3pts tonight, however like you mentioned earlier he’s taken his chance, but if he plays the majority of the 46 league games this season I’ll be very surprised if they avoid relegation. For me, he isn’t a particularly good keeper, but that’s my opinion, you’ve got yours about him - that’s fine too. Let’s see how it unfolds over the coming months.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 21:39]

Dai Cornell on 23:09 - Oct 20 with 2393 viewsSwansea_Blue

Thought he was poor myself. Playing in front of him must give defenders the heebee jeebees.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dai Cornell on 23:47 - Oct 20 with 2330 views_sanctimoanious_

Dai Cornell on 21:03 - Oct 20 by jayessess

"classy and assured"
"been our best player"

Imagine there were some Town fans saying similar when Marshall replaced Sereni after his fall out with GB.

Dai isn’t good enough for the Championship and will not be in it next season.
Dai Cornell on 23:55 - Oct 20 with 2314 viewsStNeotsBlue

Evening Dai, didn’t think you were terrible but just not great, sadly for you Holy was slightly less terrible.
Dai Cornell on 00:40 - Oct 21 with 2269 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Anyone notice that he doesn't play for us any more. I couldn't give two whatsits about what he's doing or not.
Dai Cornell on 03:03 - Oct 21 with 2195 viewsKropotkin123

Haven't scrolled down, so might have been mentioned. But Peterborough have conceded the most in the Championship (26 from 13 games). So not convinced it is a ringing endorsement of underappreciated skill.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Dai Cornell on 03:21 - Oct 21 with 2181 viewswkj

Dai Cornell on 00:40 - Oct 21 by have_a_word_with_him

Anyone notice that he doesn't play for us any more. I couldn't give two whatsits about what he's doing or not.

And Mick doesn't manage us, yet plenty of people bring him routinely too - despite being even less connected to our most recent season.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Dai Cornell on 06:01 - Oct 21 with 2123 viewsCrock

Dai Cornell on 00:40 - Oct 21 by have_a_word_with_him

Why post in this thread then?

Poll: Favourite number?

Dai Cornell on 08:41 - Oct 21 with 1930 viewsstopmoaning

Thought he was awful, all three keepers we have now are better.
Dai Cornell on 09:25 - Oct 21 with 1837 viewsPhilTWTD

Dai Cornell on 20:58 - Oct 20 by Chrisd

Not sure Christy Pym is much better than Cornell, who I thought was better than Holy and was better than Hladky has been up to now. Pym has seemed to gift us a goal pretty much every time we've played against him for Exeter or Peterborough.
Dai Cornell on 09:25 - Oct 21 with 1833 viewsjayessess

Dai Cornell on 21:38 - Oct 20 by Chrisd

Have a look at the rest of the games - 9 goals conceded. They look like they might pick up 3pts tonight, however like you mentioned earlier he’s taken his chance, but if he plays the majority of the 46 league games this season I’ll be very surprised if they avoid relegation. For me, he isn’t a particularly good keeper, but that’s my opinion, you’ve got yours about him - that’s fine too. Let’s see how it unfolds over the coming months.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 21:39]

Think you've inferred an opinion here where I haven't really expressed one.

Dai Cornell on 12:39 - Oct 21 with 1677 viewsChrisd

Dai Cornell on 09:25 - Oct 21 by PhilTWTD

Not sure Christy Pym is much better than Cornell, who I thought was better than Holy and was better than Hladky has been up to now. Pym has seemed to gift us a goal pretty much every time we've played against him for Exeter or Peterborough.

All opinions Phil, he must have done well in games we've not played against Peterborough for them to go up last season. He looked fine against us when they spanked us 4-1 at PR a couple of years ago.

Dai Cornell on 12:43 - Oct 21 with 1661 viewsChrisd

Dai Cornell on 09:25 - Oct 21 by jayessess

Think you've inferred an opinion here where I haven't really expressed one.

I'm simply responding to your comments. Apologies if I have upset you by 'inferring' you were giving an opinion.

Dai Cornell on 12:45 - Oct 21 with 1653 viewsPhilTWTD

Dai Cornell on 12:39 - Oct 21 by Chrisd

All opinions Phil, he must have done well in games we've not played against Peterborough for them to go up last season. He looked fine against us when they spanked us 4-1 at PR a couple of years ago.

Not sure he had a lot to do that day!
Dai Cornell on 12:48 - Oct 21 with 1641 viewsChrisd

Dai Cornell on 12:45 - Oct 21 by PhilTWTD

Not sure he had a lot to do that day!

A point well made.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024