Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Took my Eye off the Championship 22:02 - Oct 20 with 5893 viewsOsborneOneNil

Aren’t Cardiff struggling! 4th bottom.

Really surprises me seeing as they’ve got Mick at the helm. He’s normally amazing.
Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:05 - Oct 20 with 3184 viewsbazza

Here we go again..
Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:08 - Oct 20 with 3144 viewsOsborneOneNil

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:05 - Oct 20 by bazza

Here we go again..

Genuine, didn’t realise they’d fallen to that position.
Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:10 - Oct 20 with 3138 viewsBlueForYou

7th defeat in a row & their worst run of form for 70 years! Must be a different McCarthy! Lol..!!
Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:10 - Oct 20 with 3135 viewsKeaneish

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:08 - Oct 20 by OsborneOneNil

Genuine, didn’t realise they’d fallen to that position.

Did you know they’ve lost seven in a row whilst only scoring 1 and conceding 17?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:31 - Oct 20 with 3056 viewsstrikalite

Was given two games, so now it's down to one game...

Chris Wilder was in the stand watching tonight.
Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:33 - Oct 20 with 3042 viewsRyorry

Did the fans welcome him in, or disapprove of his appointment at the outset?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:35 - Oct 20 with 3017 viewsnoggin

He'll stop them getting relegated though. That's what he does best.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:37 - Oct 20 with 3010 viewsRyorry

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:35 - Oct 20 by noggin

Bookmarked!

Login to get fewer ads

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:39 - Oct 20 with 2991 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:10 - Oct 20 by Keaneish

Did you know they’ve lost seven in a row whilst only scoring 1 and conceding 17?

But they are still lucky to have him aren't they?
Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:40 - Oct 20 with 2988 viewsstrikalite

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:33 - Oct 20 by Ryorry

Dunno but ex Sunderland so was always going to be up against it, was never given big money for signings really, considering just staying in the Prem alone brings in a minimum of £130m a season from Sky...

Benitez didn't hang around because of funds..
Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:40 - Oct 20 with 2974 viewsCoastalblue

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:35 - Oct 20 by noggin

He won't be there long enough for that.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:49 - Oct 20 with 2928 viewsnoggin

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:40 - Oct 20 by Coastalblue

He won't be there long enough for that.

Maybe they should sack him and then rehire him to keep them up.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 22:49]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:49 - Oct 20 with 2931 viewsSwansea_Blue

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:33 - Oct 20 by Ryorry

Welcomed him because he got off to an absolute flyer winning most of his first 8 or so games. So the club immediately gave him a longer deal and he’s been crap ever since. The fans started turning as soon as the honeymoon was over. It was like his 5 years here condensed into 2 months. I’ve got no idea how he’s still in a job as they’ve completely fallen apart.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:55 - Oct 20 with 2890 viewsRyorry

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:49 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

Welcomed him because he got off to an absolute flyer winning most of his first 8 or so games. So the club immediately gave him a longer deal and he’s been crap ever since. The fans started turning as soon as the honeymoon was over. It was like his 5 years here condensed into 2 months. I’ve got no idea how he’s still in a job as they’ve completely fallen apart.

Ah, the good old, proven a winner, "extend their contract & things can only get better" strategy ...

Took my Eye off the Championship on 23:13 - Oct 20 with 2830 viewsKeaneish

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:49 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

What I found interesting tonight is that he moved away from his 5 CB strategy to play a more attacking system, which, by all accounts, had a lot more endeavour. Now, the obvious question is, why not do this against your fierce local rivals? Why wait until it’s really toxic to finally succumb to fan pressure. Seems he does give a flyin’ one after all…

Where do people think he’ll go from here?

Took my Eye off the Championship on 23:25 - Oct 20 with 2799 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Took my Eye off the Championship on 23:13 - Oct 20 by Keaneish

What I found interesting tonight is that he moved away from his 5 CB strategy to play a more attacking system, which, by all accounts, had a lot more endeavour. Now, the obvious question is, why not do this against your fierce local rivals? Why wait until it’s really toxic to finally succumb to fan pressure. Seems he does give a flyin’ one after all…

Where do people think he’ll go from here?

'Why wait until it’s really toxic to finally succumb to fan pressure. Seems he does give a flyin’ one after all'

He has no respect for the fans. Nothing new. That was firmly the case whilst with us. He didn't give a s**t about Ipswich Town as he'd make a number of derogatory comments about our club and fanbase alike. He was solely interested in his own self inflated warped ego.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 23:30]
Took my Eye off the Championship on 07:20 - Oct 21 with 2472 viewsVic

Took my Eye off the Championship on 23:25 - Oct 20 by Mach_foreignBlue

'Why wait until it’s really toxic to finally succumb to fan pressure. Seems he does give a flyin’ one after all'

He has no respect for the fans. Nothing new. That was firmly the case whilst with us. He didn't give a s**t about Ipswich Town as he'd make a number of derogatory comments about our club and fanbase alike. He was solely interested in his own self inflated warped ego.

Cant agree with you Mach. No manager will be swayed too much by fans - we’ve always been experts and most of us are wrong. OST of the time. Partly because we lack any real knowledge of pro football and partly because we don’t know all the in-house, behaving the scenes nuances of a club.

He’s a professional footie coach, paid to do a job. He has his methods and style of play which have been successful in the passed, but no longer work for any length of time.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Took my Eye off the Championship on 07:23 - Oct 21 with 2464 viewsKeaneish

Took my Eye off the Championship on 23:25 - Oct 20 by Mach_foreignBlue

Many don’t but I agree with that last statement. I think some feel that his slur toward Ipswich fans wasn’t aimed at them as they weren’t mouthing the words but if anyone else did that, it would be an attack on us all and in my view, should be viewed as that. After all, we are a collective.

Many of my ROI mates share the same view that Mick has always been about himself and self preservation over progression.

Nice to have a chat about this subject without the usual die hard sycophants jumping all over the thread!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 7:24]

Took my Eye off the Championship on 08:26 - Oct 21 with 2296 viewsOsborneOneNil

Took my Eye off the Championship on 07:23 - Oct 21 by Keaneish

Many don’t but I agree with that last statement. I think some feel that his slur toward Ipswich fans wasn’t aimed at them as they weren’t mouthing the words but if anyone else did that, it would be an attack on us all and in my view, should be viewed as that. After all, we are a collective.

Many of my ROI mates share the same view that Mick has always been about himself and self preservation over progression.

Nice to have a chat about this subject without the usual die hard sycophants jumping all over the thread!

Yeah, thought it was worth bringing up. It appears his ‘magic’ has gone.
Took my Eye off the Championship on 08:27 - Oct 21 with 2291 viewsOsborneOneNil

Took my Eye off the Championship on 22:10 - Oct 20 by Keaneish

Wow, that is awful.

He’s past it, isn’t he. Was when he left us, or a couple of years before that, even.
Took my Eye off the Championship on 08:54 - Oct 21 with 2193 viewsDanTheMan

Took my Eye off the Championship on 07:23 - Oct 21 by Keaneish

"Nice to have a chat about this subject without the usual die hard sycophants jumping all over the thread!"

Outstanding self awareness.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Took my Eye off the Championship on 09:06 - Oct 21 with 2154 viewsBlueandTruesince82

But we should never have sacked him....apparently.

Mick did a a good job here for 3 years on shoestring and maybe had Evans backed him as he did previous managers he might have done a better one but we slowly became more and more agricultural as Mick almost said this is all I can do with this lot. Other terms new what to expect and knew a bit of quality would undo us.

Personally I don't have the animosity towards Mick that some have although his digs since he left does mean I take a little satisfaction from his current plight. Mick won't care he's a rich man.

Could see Cardiff being his last job though, unless he is prepared to drop down a division. Why anyone in the Championship would employ him after the last few years is beyond me.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Took my Eye off the Championship on 09:09 - Oct 21 with 2146 viewshype313

Oh joy, another Mick thread, he's like an ex that jilted many on here at the alter and can't stop talking about it.

Did a good job under the circumstances, after 5 years probably was time for a change for both parties, end of discussion.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Took my Eye off the Championship on 09:13 - Oct 21 with 2124 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Took my Eye off the Championship on 09:09 - Oct 21 by hype313

Oh joy, another Mick thread, he's like an ex that jilted many on here at the alter and can't stop talking about it.

Did a good job under the circumstances, after 5 years probably was time for a change for both parties, end of discussion.

Read it. It's a very balanced discussion.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Took my Eye off the Championship on 09:14 - Oct 21 with 2116 viewsFtnfwest

Took my Eye off the Championship on 09:06 - Oct 21 by BlueandTruesince82

But we should never have sacked him....apparently.

Mick did a a good job here for 3 years on shoestring and maybe had Evans backed him as he did previous managers he might have done a better one but we slowly became more and more agricultural as Mick almost said this is all I can do with this lot. Other terms new what to expect and knew a bit of quality would undo us.

Personally I don't have the animosity towards Mick that some have although his digs since he left does mean I take a little satisfaction from his current plight. Mick won't care he's a rich man.

Could see Cardiff being his last job though, unless he is prepared to drop down a division. Why anyone in the Championship would employ him after the last few years is beyond me.

good job we didn't then
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024