Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Argyle v Town 30th 02:26 - Oct 21 with 953 viewsquirkie

My 1st Town match of the season, I'll be in the Britannia for a pint beforehand, will say hi to any Ipswich fans who make the journey down. I'm making the journey up from deepest Cornwall (born and bred). Only a town fan due to a Mr. Robson ( I was 9 when we won the FA Cup), so I do have a proper Cornish accent. Not sure what the Ipswich accent is, probably Essex I suspect.

I do also follow Argyle btw, and they are on fire. This will be a great test. Looking forward to it and enjoy a proper Pasty if you can, not the ginsters muck.

If we finish above Argyle this season, we'll be playing Nodge next season.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Argyle v Town 30th on 07:27 - Oct 21 with 803 viewsChrisd

They have certainly been a surprise package and confidence must be high for them. What’s interesting is they have only played Rotherham out of the current top 6 and lost to them on the opening day of the season 0-2. Nevertheless, the momentum they are getting from winning games consistently makes them a real threat, they’ll be a serious test for us especially at their place and this will be a good marker to see where we are at.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Argyle v Town 30th on 08:25 - Oct 21 with 720 viewsEdwardStone

I might see you there

Let us hope it doesn't rain too heavily, their pitch doesn't seem to drain very well

4 -0 to Town, Bonne to score first goal, Aluko gets a brace

COYB
Argyle v Town 30th on 10:12 - Oct 21 with 617 viewsITFC_Forever

I'm going too - there and back from Ipswich on the train in a day.

My Mum's side of the family are from the Bodmin area, with further parts of the family tree way down west past Penzance and Argyle were my Grandad's team.

We still go down to Cornwall every year, and the guy who runs the pasty shop we frequent is a Town fan - he was born and brought up in Cornwall and also followed Argyle, but when he was 8, they sold Paul Mariner to us and he's been a Town fan ever since.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Argyle v Town 30th on 10:55 - Oct 21 with 548 viewsPinewoodblue

Pick up a pastie outside the pub to take to the ground.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Argyle v Town 30th on 11:20 - Oct 21 with 514 viewshype313

Do you think they can keep up this run?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024