Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When are cheap train tickets released for London train journeys? 12:26 - Oct 21 with 806 viewsgeg1992

I assumed 3 months before but they look extortionate at the moment. Just trying to plan ahead for Wimbledon away! cheers,

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

When are cheap train tickets released for London train journeys? on 12:31 - Oct 21 with 754 viewsTractorCam

Wimbledon away is FA Cup 3rd round weekend so hold off on that!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

When are cheap train tickets released for London train journeys? on 12:32 - Oct 21 with 755 viewsPinewoodblue

I’d wait a bit as game would be rearranged if either team reach 3rd round of FA. Cup.

Is there any rail closure planned for that weekend. Not sure they offer cheap fares if part of the journey is by bus transfer.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

When are cheap train tickets released for London train journeys? on 13:33 - Oct 21 with 663 viewsBlue_Generator

I noticed the same thing when I looked at tickets for the Charlton game in December. So left it another couple of weeks and then checked again on Sunday and the £20 returns (2 x £10 single) were available then. So maybe they’re out 8 weeks in advance?

Like the other poster said though, it seems likely that either us or Wimbledon will get through to the third round so it’ll probably be re-arranged to midweek sometime anyway.

If you travel with anyone regularly (or even just a few times a year) then it’s worth getting a Two Together Railcard as it’s a 1/3 off then too. £30 railcard is only £10 in Clubcard Vouchers if you have any.
When are cheap train tickets released for London train journeys? on 13:35 - Oct 21 with 658 viewsSitfcB

If there’s 3 or more of you then group save is the same price on the day, and then not stuck to set times as it’s an open return and can get a travel card that includes the tubes/buses/overground
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 13:40]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

When are cheap train tickets released for London train journeys? on 13:37 - Oct 21 with 633 viewsEastTownBlue

When are cheap train tickets released for London train journeys? on 13:33 - Oct 21 by Blue_Generator

I noticed the same thing when I looked at tickets for the Charlton game in December. So left it another couple of weeks and then checked again on Sunday and the £20 returns (2 x £10 single) were available then. So maybe they’re out 8 weeks in advance?

Like the other poster said though, it seems likely that either us or Wimbledon will get through to the third round so it’ll probably be re-arranged to midweek sometime anyway.

If you travel with anyone regularly (or even just a few times a year) then it’s worth getting a Two Together Railcard as it’s a 1/3 off then too. £30 railcard is only £10 in Clubcard Vouchers if you have any.

Probably something like that as the Greater Anglia homepage says that advance tickets are available to purchase up to 10th December.
When are cheap train tickets released for London train journeys? on 13:37 - Oct 21 with 631 viewsgeg1992

Thanks very much all, will hold off!

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

When are cheap train tickets released for London train journeys? on 14:55 - Oct 21 with 550 viewsAlberto_the_frog

It used to be 13 weeks, but I think it's down to 7 at the moment.
When are cheap train tickets released for London train journeys? on 18:50 - Oct 21 with 449 viewsLeaky

Tried booking train tickets for Plymouth £161.30 for two of us from Northampton going Sat. return on Sunday. tTen found bus replacement from Plymouth to Birmingham absolute joke. Will now be driving.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024