Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New phone recommendations 22:36 - Oct 22 with 2549 viewsSwansea_Blue

The 7+ yr old old iPhone 5s is struggling these days. I guess phones are all much of a muchness, although are there any recs out there for compact(ish) phones? I’m all on Mac, so was thinking iPhone 12 mini. Is 5G a must these days? I’m happy to go for that if it makes a difference, although mostly I’m on WiFi. I mostly use the phone for organising, work emails and apps, TWTD and footie highlights on YouTube. Occasionally I even make a call. Waterproof would be a plus.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

New phone recommendations on 22:42 - Oct 22 with 2075 viewsTerra_Farma

google
New phone recommendations on 22:44 - Oct 22 with 2072 viewsJ2BLUE

I have just got the iphone XR. By no means the latest iphone but i'm not bothered about having the latest gadgets, Only upgraded as my 7 finally died. I absolutely love it.

Have a look at deals on via uswitch. I got a great deal on that phone going through them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New phone recommendations on 22:54 - Oct 22 with 2044 viewsSwansea_Blue

New phone recommendations on 22:42 - Oct 22 by Terra_Farma

google

As in the google phone or ‘google it you lazy sod’? . I’m not tied to Apple as a brand, but I’d want to be able to link in with Apple PC stuff (cloud syncing of files and photos, etc).

New phone recommendations on 23:03 - Oct 22 with 2016 viewsTerra_Farma

New phone recommendations on 22:54 - Oct 22 by Swansea_Blue

As in the google phone or ‘google it you lazy sod’? . I’m not tied to Apple as a brand, but I’d want to be able to link in with Apple PC stuff (cloud syncing of files and photos, etc).

The later - apologies, I have had a rubbish day.

J2 = sound advice.
New phone recommendations on 23:14 - Oct 22 with 1999 viewsSwansea_Blue

New phone recommendations on 23:03 - Oct 22 by Terra_Farma

The later - apologies, I have had a rubbish day.

J2 = sound advice.

Fair enough! If it’s any help, at least it’s now the weekend.

New phone recommendations on 23:55 - Oct 22 with 1956 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

New phone recommendations on 00:11 - Oct 23 with 1948 viewshoppy

Coverage isn’t that great though, apparently.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

New phone recommendations on 04:34 - Oct 23 with 1877 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I’ve finished my contact with my iPhone XR and see no reason to move on from that, so it would be my recommendation as can be picked up for next to nothing.

I would ignore 5G, it’s simply not required on a mobile device.
Login to get fewer ads

New phone recommendations on 05:19 - Oct 23 with 1852 viewsKropotkin123

New phone recommendations on 22:42 - Oct 22 by Terra_Farma

google

I got a Google phone, battery is rubbish.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

New phone recommendations on 07:08 - Oct 23 with 1780 viewsSteve_M

Yes, sounds like the 12 is a good option. I don’t have 5G in my 11 but is coming So probably nice to have rather than essential. If the phone might last five years then standard logic of highest spec should last longer. Battery life will be much improved compared to what you’re used to.

The slightly cheaper option is the iPhone SE which is nice too (I got one for work a few weeks back) but the battery isn’t going to be as good as the 11 or 12.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

New phone recommendations on 07:58 - Oct 23 with 1716 viewsDurovigutum

I prefer Android, but in the summer bought my wife a "refreshed" iPhone 11 Pro. It was £450 rather than £850 or £1100 for the iPhone 12 Pro.
I'm on Android and have 5G. The only advantage compared to 4G that I've seen is in areas where it's really congested. Farringdon is one example, you'll have a great signal on 4G but terrible performance as there are so many people about, switch to 5G and things start working again (although 4G at home in Cambridgeshire is faster than 5G in Farringdon).
New phone recommendations on 08:10 - Oct 23 with 1705 viewsLesta_Tractor

The Google Pixels are decent and you can get a fabric case for them which is machine washable.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

New phone recommendations on 08:20 - Oct 23 with 1696 viewsBluefish

If you are a slave to Apple get and Apple. If you want the best phone out for less money get a Samsung

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

New phone recommendations on 08:24 - Oct 23 with 1687 viewsgiant_stow

Mrs ullaa's mum has an iphone mini and even though I hate apple, must admit, it looks and works like the absolute bollox.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

New phone recommendations on 08:37 - Oct 23 with 1668 viewsEly_Blue

New phone recommendations on 08:20 - Oct 23 by Bluefish

If you are a slave to Apple get and Apple. If you want the best phone out for less money get a Samsung

I have a Samsung phone for work and it is the biggest pile of 💩 known to man. Everyone else who has the same phone agrees too.

Steer clear of android at all costs

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

New phone recommendations on 08:53 - Oct 23 with 1649 viewsmikeybloo88

New phone recommendations on 08:37 - Oct 23 by Ely_Blue

I have a Samsung phone for work and it is the biggest pile of 💩 known to man. Everyone else who has the same phone agrees too.

It's funny how people's experiences differ,but maybe it's just down to personal requirements...my wife got a Samsung A51 for under £300 at the start of the year to replace her Iphone6 and reckons its brilliant with 3 day battery life, and I've had a Galaxy S8 for years with zero issues.
New phone recommendations on 09:12 - Oct 23 with 1625 viewsSwansea_Blue

New phone recommendations on 00:11 - Oct 23 by hoppy

Coverage isn’t that great though, apparently.

Coverage should be ok, my ear should fit in one of those.

Thanks all 👍. Will go shopping later on.

New phone recommendations on 09:55 - Oct 23 with 1585 viewsBLUEBEAT

New phone recommendations on 22:44 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

I have just got the iphone XR. By no means the latest iphone but i'm not bothered about having the latest gadgets, Only upgraded as my 7 finally died. I absolutely love it.

Have a look at deals on via uswitch. I got a great deal on that phone going through them.

Have recently updated to the latest iOS for mine and it’s doing my nut in - especially the new url bar location at bottom of screen (though makes perfect sense for it to be relocated here).

Poll: W or W

New phone recommendations on 10:04 - Oct 23 with 1564 viewswkj

I recently bought a pixel 4a for my mother and a 5 for myself. Couldn't be happier.

When you say waterproof... how waterproof?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

New phone recommendations on 10:15 - Oct 23 with 1548 viewslongtimefan

New phone recommendations on 07:58 - Oct 23 by Durovigutum

I prefer Android, but in the summer bought my wife a "refreshed" iPhone 11 Pro. It was £450 rather than £850 or £1100 for the iPhone 12 Pro.
I'm on Android and have 5G. The only advantage compared to 4G that I've seen is in areas where it's really congested. Farringdon is one example, you'll have a great signal on 4G but terrible performance as there are so many people about, switch to 5G and things start working again (although 4G at home in Cambridgeshire is faster than 5G in Farringdon).

I have to do the reverse at Portman Road. Vodafone 4G coverage is full bars but congestion is so high I can never get any Internet access. Switch to 3G and I have slow but reliable access. On my previous phone I used to haves cheat whereby if I started a phone call and terminated that I would have a short window where I would have Internet access, but that stopped working when I updated my phone!
New phone recommendations on 10:59 - Oct 23 with 1506 viewsSwansea_Blue

New phone recommendations on 10:04 - Oct 23 by wkj

I recently bought a pixel 4a for my mother and a 5 for myself. Couldn't be happier.

When you say waterproof... how waterproof?

Doesn't matter if it falls in the sea waterproof ideally (not that I'd be aiming to deliberately dunk it).

New phone recommendations on 11:10 - Oct 23 with 1494 viewsBlueForYou

Nokia have some nice Android smartphones. I've had one for 3 & a half years. Looking to replace it shortly & will probably get another of theirs. Excellent quality.
New phone recommendations on 11:10 - Oct 23 with 1494 viewsRyorry

New phone recommendations on 08:37 - Oct 23 by Ely_Blue

Agreed. Have only put up with my Samsung Galaxy J5 (6) for 5 years because I rarely use it for anything except photos, time & the occasional call or text; & am too mean to lash out a 3-figure sum on anything new.

To the OP - the new iPhone13 came in very recently as a Which? 'Best Buy' with a test score of 81% if you're prepared to spend £779! (maybe can be found cheaper).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

New phone recommendations on 11:35 - Oct 23 with 1477 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

New phone recommendations on 09:55 - Oct 23 by BLUEBEAT

Have recently updated to the latest iOS for mine and it’s doing my nut in - especially the new url bar location at bottom of screen (though makes perfect sense for it to be relocated here).

Don’t use Safari!

I use Chrome on my XR.
New phone recommendations on 13:40 - Oct 23 with 1405 viewsthebooks

If I had the money I’d buy the iPhone 12 or 13 Mini. I actually have the SE 2020 model, and it can do all the things you want; it’s really good. My usage is similar to yours and I don’t see any need for 5G.

Good luck viewing TWTD on any mobile phone :-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024