Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't really care if this sounds stupid 09:55 - Oct 23 with 1549 viewstextbackup

but does anyone else feel like they've fallen back in love with the club?

I always supported them over the last 6/7 years of utter sht, but it was more i felt i had to out of habit and loyalty. Now its more of a real passion and a genuine i want to be there, like really excited for match day, excited to hear from the players and manager pre match.

havent felt like this since the PO season. and its great

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 09:58 - Oct 23 with 1496 viewsITFC_1988

I agree.

It’s probably the first time since Mick’s playoff season when I am excited for every game and countdown the days until the next one. I’ve had a season ticket for years but towards the end of Mick’s time and certainly during the Lambert years, it’s always felt like an obligation to go because I’ve already paid for the ticket.

It’s odd really, seeing as we are in a low league position and the start hasn’t been great but the games (on the most part) have been very entertaining.
I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 09:58 - Oct 23 with 1496 viewsOldboy

Think the vast majority of us feel the same.
I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 09:59 - Oct 23 with 1483 viewschrismakin

I feel for the first time in many years that I actually 'care about what happens with it.

The last few years have really been 'meh' if I miss a game who cares. If we lose who cares. We win who cares.

Now tho. That passion is back. Hence the cook in cook out rants recently lol. An actual desire to want town to win.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 10:27 - Oct 23 with 1409 viewsstrikalite

Yes mate and I think for me that's down to the new players we've brought in, I think(you lads especially who always turn up) we've been starved of moments of quality and flair for so long now, just one example is that dummy from Edwards v Shrews, we know when this team can turn up it'll be exciting, when was the last time you could honestly say that...

Think you went to Pompey didn't you?
I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 10:29 - Oct 23 with 1401 viewstextbackup

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 10:27 - Oct 23 by strikalite

Yes mate and I think for me that's down to the new players we've brought in, I think(you lads especially who always turn up) we've been starved of moments of quality and flair for so long now, just one example is that dummy from Edwards v Shrews, we know when this team can turn up it'll be exciting, when was the last time you could honestly say that...

Think you went to Pompey didn't you?

yep, think it was that thats made me really up for it again, not just the win, but the atmosphere too. felt proper proud

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 10:43 - Oct 23 with 1346 viewsDarth_Koont

Getting there. I must admit I was completely thrown at the start of the season by a totally new team where I didn’t recognise the players.

But I like them the more I see of them.

And certainly seems as if I’m falling back in love with watching football. That’s been tough for a variety of reasons over past seasons.

Pronouns: He/Him

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 10:48 - Oct 23 with 1312 viewsHipsterectomy

for me there is still a sense of the unknown. I know most player interviews are the same recycled sh1te but I have enjoyed reading ones from new players and seeing their personalities. Some of them do seem very ambitious which makes a change from the last few seasons with players almost being dragged out as a contractual obligation to do the press
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 10:49]

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 10:51 - Oct 23 with 1294 viewspointofblue

I care again but that’s because we have a squad and a team which should be going into practically every game as favourites. In turn that means every defeat hurts more. If we continue to click then my love will grow more but, if we start sliding backwards again, then I think my emotions from the back end of the Evans/Lambert era will return very quickly.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 10:51 - Oct 23 with 1292 viewsITFC_Forever

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 10:43 - Oct 23 by Darth_Koont

Getting there. I must admit I was completely thrown at the start of the season by a totally new team where I didn’t recognise the players.

But I like them the more I see of them.

And certainly seems as if I’m falling back in love with watching football. That’s been tough for a variety of reasons over past seasons.

I said this last night to some friends, we’re getting to know them now and the more we see, the more we like.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 12:09]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 10:55 - Oct 23 with 1270 viewsOldboy

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 10:51 - Oct 23 by ITFC_Forever

I said this last night to some friends, we’re getting to know them now and the more we see, the more we like.

Spot on. Hard to find an attachment to strangers. These guys are becoming Town players for most of us.
I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 11:17 - Oct 23 with 1214 viewstextbackup

YEP, chaplin walking off tuesday was clapping the pompy fans (as he should) got to us and gave a massive double punch and a YES

loved the little sod from that moment

morsy chucking toto at the away fans, pointing at him, a proper team spirit forming

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 11:25 - Oct 23 with 1177 viewsGuthrum

Part of it is they seem to be the "right sort of blokes".

Most of our former players were good characters, got properly involved with the community stuff and so on. The new men appear cut from similar cloth. It helps that Bonne has a built-in advantage as a local lad and Celina has been here before. But they seem to interview well and the social media stuff I've seen has been fun (e.g. Coffee Club).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 11:25 - Oct 23 with 1169 viewslegoman

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 10:51 - Oct 23 by pointofblue

I care again but that’s because we have a squad and a team which should be going into practically every game as favourites. In turn that means every defeat hurts more. If we continue to click then my love will grow more but, if we start sliding backwards again, then I think my emotions from the back end of the Evans/Lambert era will return very quickly.

Lol, cheer up and fill your glass a bit more to just over half full :)

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 11:34 - Oct 23 with 1140 viewstextbackup

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 11:25 - Oct 23 by Guthrum

Part of it is they seem to be the "right sort of blokes".

Most of our former players were good characters, got properly involved with the community stuff and so on. The new men appear cut from similar cloth. It helps that Bonne has a built-in advantage as a local lad and Celina has been here before. But they seem to interview well and the social media stuff I've seen has been fun (e.g. Coffee Club).

yeah defo, and thats a testament to the manager for getting in these right blokes.

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 11:43 - Oct 23 with 1111 viewsKeaneish

Absolutely. There are no negatives to this club at the moment.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 11:45 - Oct 23 with 1101 viewsFBI

My God, yes. I haven't been this excited about Ipswich Town since the start of the 1978-79 season.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 11:49 - Oct 23 with 1064 viewsclive_baker

Sounds stupid mate.

No, I agree. There were games under Mick in his latter days, and since, where I went reluctantly, because I had a season ticket. There was no real excitement for the football, it was more the opportunity to see friends and family that was keeping me going. I cancelled my ST during Lambert’s Philgate vowing not to return until he was gone, which I’ve now done. If I’m honest, it was a decision I was making out of principle, but it was far from a chore. There wasn’t any enjoyment to it. There were away games where I didn’t check the score until Sunday, which was the real litmus test for me. I don’t think I’ve not checked a Town score or followed a score in play for god knows how long, unless a proper reason for it. Perhaps it was in part a defence mechanism given how sh1t we had become, but I stopped caring. The football was crap, the standard was crap, the results were crap, the ownership was crap, and perhaps more significantly than all of that, I didn’t get the impression many inside the club were too bothered. Just a rudderless vessel, vacuous, floating along with little ambition or direction. The transient approach to personnel, the short term loans, the disdain towards the fans. It was, frankly, a disgrace.

I feel like we’ve got a new lease of life now though. It’s far from perfect, results on the whole have been poor, albeit improving of late. Defensively we’re fragile and more than questionable, and I would’ve liked us to have a better idea of our preferred defensive unit by now. But there’s life again, a passion on and off the pitch. We’ve woken from the slumber at least. A long way to go of course, but it does feel like we’re no longer asleep.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 11:50 - Oct 23 with 1062 viewspointofblue

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 11:25 - Oct 23 by legoman

Lol, cheer up and fill your glass a bit more to just over half full :)

Ha - we’re 13th in the third tier of English football, having not won two league games on the bounce under the current manager with a very green coaching team. I think I am naturally pessimistic and cynical, which doesn’t help, but I’m not about to go waltzing off about how wonderful everything and everyone is quite yet (though the improvements off the pitch in a matter of months are superb).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 11:50 - Oct 23 with 1061 viewsChurchman

It’s the best I’ve felt about the club since it went into Administration.

Edit: I’m still to be convinced by Cook, but that feels less important somehow than the direction the club seems to be moving in.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 11:56]
I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 12:09 - Oct 23 with 1009 viewsIllinoisblue

Feels like the club has a heartbeat now, a pulse and some purpose. And also, a professional structure in place. Imagine that. Evans may have a had good intentions at one time and then got burned but fooking hell, the decline and neglect under him was criminal.

Clearly lots of work to do on the pitch but we’re alive again. We’re hopeful again. All the little things - the signage, the flags, etc - it all matters.

COYB

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 12:14 - Oct 23 with 969 viewssolomon

Despite the recent inconsistency in results, yes very much so. The last 14 years have been a stain on this great clubs history, it’s divided the fan base and our town like nothing else I’ve ever witnessed. Whatever our future is going to be I do feel it’s our future again.
I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 13:21 - Oct 23 with 818 viewsHerbivore

Good lad, texters. Glad to hear you're loving it again.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 13:21]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I don't really care if this sounds stupid on 14:51 - Oct 23 with 702 viewsTheBoyBlue

It's certainly become less of a chore. Even when the results haven't gone our way, I've enjoyed the entertainment value and loved seeing the enthusiasm at the top of the club. It all feels like we're moving forward together, rather than a 'them and us' feel about it.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024