Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're only 10 points off top 17:07 - Oct 23 with 8845 viewsBloomBlue

And to think some people were only claiming a couple of weeks the top 2 places were gone already.

10 points is nothing when we're not in Nov yet.

We will get promoted via the automatic places, believe
We're only 10 points off top on 17:09 - Oct 23 with 3796 viewsHipsterectomy

a win against plymouth would be huge

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

We're only 10 points off top on 17:10 - Oct 23 with 3793 viewsbazza

And a game in hand..
We're only 10 points off top on 17:10 - Oct 23 with 3789 viewsDanTheMan

Whilst we're absolutely doing much better now, and our form isn't much different to those at the top, we need to be doing consistently better than them now over the course of the season which would be a very big ask. On basically the same form as Wycombe and Plymouth at the moment and we don't have (currently) the best form in the division.

It's by no means impossible but it would be very very difficult. We'd need them to be dropping points as much as we'd need to keep up our current form.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We're only 10 points off top on 17:16 - Oct 23 with 3724 viewsRyorry

We're only 10 points off top on 17:10 - Oct 23 by DanTheMan

Whilst we're absolutely doing much better now, and our form isn't much different to those at the top, we need to be doing consistently better than them now over the course of the season which would be a very big ask. On basically the same form as Wycombe and Plymouth at the moment and we don't have (currently) the best form in the division.

It's by no means impossible but it would be very very difficult. We'd need them to be dropping points as much as we'd need to keep up our current form.

Well, as I said about 3 weeks (?) ago, most sides go through a dip in form at some point during a season, and we got one in early!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We're only 10 points off top on 17:16 - Oct 23 with 3719 viewstonybied

We're only 10 points off top on 17:10 - Oct 23 by DanTheMan

It's not even November yet, the teams that have started strongly will falter sooner or later Sunderland are already starting to fall away.
We're only 10 points off top on 17:18 - Oct 23 with 3688 viewsDanTheMan

We're only 10 points off top on 17:16 - Oct 23 by tonybied

It's not even November yet, the teams that have started strongly will falter sooner or later Sunderland are already starting to fall away.

It can for sure happen, there'll be dips in form and revivals in form. But there's nothing to say other teams like say Rotherham (who are in great form themselves at the moment) won't sneak in there instead of us.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, just maybe a touch of realism that automatic promotion from where we are is a very big ask.

We should be aiming for it though.

We're only 10 points off top on 17:19 - Oct 23 with 3665 viewspositivity

We're only 10 points off top on 17:18 - Oct 23 by DanTheMan

It can for sure happen, there'll be dips in form and revivals in form. But there's nothing to say other teams like say Rotherham (who are in great form themselves at the moment) won't sneak in there instead of us.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, just maybe a touch of realism that automatic promotion from where we are is a very big ask.

We should be aiming for it though.

our squad depth and quality *should* give us an advantage over most clubs as the season wears on

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

We're only 10 points off top on 17:25 - Oct 23 with 3602 viewssolomon

We are starting to get our act together, still not perfect and there’s much work still to do, play offs should be our short term goal, if we get to that area of the table we can then dream bigger.
Login to get fewer ads

We're only 10 points off top on 17:28 - Oct 23 with 3569 viewswkj

We're only 10 points off top on 17:09 - Oct 23 by Hipsterectomy

The next two games are a test for sure, and a test we're mentally prepared for after the last two games. If we somehow get 6 from the next two, the dream of top 2 is alive and well, otherwise we're looking more than worthy of playoffs in our current form.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We're only 10 points off top on 17:33 - Oct 23 with 3527 viewsDanTheMan

We're only 10 points off top on 17:19 - Oct 23 by positivity

our squad depth and quality *should* give us an advantage over most clubs as the season wears on

Agreed, our squad depth does really help us.

Be very interesting to see how we do against Plymouth. I'm not sure how many other in form teams we have really played.

We're only 10 points off top on 17:37 - Oct 23 with 3487 viewspositivity

We're only 10 points off top on 17:33 - Oct 23 by DanTheMan

Agreed, our squad depth does really help us.

Be very interesting to see how we do against Plymouth. I'm not sure how many other in form teams we have really played.

although, a draw against morecambe isn't great form.

after we did that we got 2 points in 5 games, here's hoping!

We're only 10 points off top on 17:39 - Oct 23 with 3467 viewsMullet

We’ve only just managed back to back wins and making it into the top half. All after nearly dropping points yet again instead.

It’s this sort of fair weather trumpeting that makes any sort of discourse impossible. What you’ve really highlighted is we are 11 points or so off where we should be. Today is finally a good sign we might at least close that gap.

The overall picture of the season so far is one of failure. Anyone suggesting otherwise is lying. This is a side built to conquer the league not participate. When we get to that sort of form you’d be better off with this stuff.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

We're only 10 points off top on 17:41 - Oct 23 with 3440 viewsParisBlue

7 of our next 11 league games are against teams in the top 5 (we play Wycombe & Sunderland twice). Would be a good time to go on a winning run.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

We're only 10 points off top on 17:43 - Oct 23 with 3394 viewswkj

We're only 10 points off top on 17:39 - Oct 23 by Mullet

We’ve only just managed back to back wins and making it into the top half. All after nearly dropping points yet again instead.

It’s this sort of fair weather trumpeting that makes any sort of discourse impossible. What you’ve really highlighted is we are 11 points or so off where we should be. Today is finally a good sign we might at least close that gap.

The overall picture of the season so far is one of failure. Anyone suggesting otherwise is lying. This is a side built to conquer the league not participate. When we get to that sort of form you’d be better off with this stuff.

I think it is just a case where we have a bit of optimism back and fans feel they can think with ambition again. Cook certainly has a lot more to prove though.

The main thing for me though is we're actually scoring goals. We went so many seasons where we were incapable of scoring and regardless of league position, I am well happy with that part of things.

Crybaby

We're only 10 points off top on 17:44 - Oct 23 with 3379 viewspositivity

We're only 10 points off top on 17:41 - Oct 23 by ParisBlue

7 of our next 11 league games are against teams in the top 5 (we play Wycombe & Sunderland twice). Would be a good time to go on a winning run.

*continue a winning run!

We're only 10 points off top on 17:45 - Oct 23 with 3349 viewspositivity

We're only 10 points off top on 17:43 - Oct 23 by wkj

I think it is just a case where we have a bit of optimism back and fans feel they can think with ambition again. Cook certainly has a lot more to prove though.

The main thing for me though is we're actually scoring goals. We went so many seasons where we were incapable of scoring and regardless of league position, I am well happy with that part of things.

on course for 95 goals at the moment!

We're only 10 points off top on 17:47 - Oct 23 with 3326 viewswkj

We're only 10 points off top on 17:45 - Oct 23 by positivity

on course for 95 goals at the moment!

We need to find 5 more to make 100 goals and 100 points happen

Cook out.

Crybaby

We're only 10 points off top on 17:51 - Oct 23 with 3279 viewschicoazul

We're only 10 points off top on 17:39 - Oct 23 by Mullet

You don’t seem to want discourse but here goes. We’re 10 games unbeaten so you’re wrong, this season has not been an overall picture of failure so far. It was a bad start (with a mitigating background) and it’s being rectified. The players seem to know the system much better; we’re scoring loads of goals: and the team at this point has forgotten how to lose.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We're only 10 points off top on 17:53 - Oct 23 with 3266 viewsMullet

We're only 10 points off top on 17:43 - Oct 23 by wkj

You'd think so, but look at Fishers jumping the gun. Every result garners a handful of people spinning it thus and it's pretty odd.

We're as low as anyone alive remembers and this time we have an embarrassment of riches - until we are out of this league we're failing. Scraping into the playoffs in this campaign is picking up 20p outside the bookies after losing a grand.

This constant lowering of expectations after Evans, when relative budgets and standing were ignored is at least very funny to read.

We're only 10 points off top on 17:54 - Oct 23 with 3244 viewsbilllm

We're only 10 points off top on 17:09 - Oct 23 by Hipsterectomy

Don't lose against them and were rocking, points fine win and were top 3 in may,
We're only 10 points off top on 17:58 - Oct 23 with 3195 viewsMullet

We're only 10 points off top on 17:51 - Oct 23 by chicoazul

You don’t seem to want discourse but here goes. We’re 10 games unbeaten so you’re wrong, this season has not been an overall picture of failure so far. It was a bad start (with a mitigating background) and it’s being rectified. The players seem to know the system much better; we’re scoring loads of goals: and the team at this point has forgotten how to lose.

Are you not including Papa John's there to be fair? Cambridge was a week ago, and exactly the sort of performance we nearly repeated today. The idea we can do that in the run we have and get away with it is naieve at best. The idea it's been rectified when we've given away 18 pts from winning positions (I believe that's correct) is far too early to make that claim.

By your logic how soon do we top the league?

We're only 10 points off top on 17:58 - Oct 23 with 3168 viewschicoazul

We're only 10 points off top on 17:53 - Oct 23 by Mullet

You'd think so, but look at Fishers jumping the gun. Every result garners a handful of people spinning it thus and it's pretty odd.

We're as low as anyone alive remembers and this time we have an embarrassment of riches - until we are out of this league we're failing. Scraping into the playoffs in this campaign is picking up 20p outside the bookies after losing a grand.

This constant lowering of expectations after Evans, when relative budgets and standing were ignored is at least very funny to read.

But we *are* in this league. Blubbers does his own thing and who knows how serious he is but saying this season is an overall picture of failure is quite dumb considering our form since Bolton and on a par with anything blubbers says. Our form is excellent. Try to enjoy it rather than pouring scorn on people who are. We all know it’s been ages since we have had reasons to be cheerful.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We're only 10 points off top on 18:00 - Oct 23 with 3139 viewspositivity

We're only 10 points off top on 17:58 - Oct 23 by Mullet

Are you not including Papa John's there to be fair? Cambridge was a week ago, and exactly the sort of performance we nearly repeated today. The idea we can do that in the run we have and get away with it is naieve at best. The idea it's been rectified when we've given away 18 pts from winning positions (I believe that's correct) is far too early to make that claim.

By your logic how soon do we top the league?

you're including the papa john's there to get to 18!

the positive thing is we've now recovered from equalisers in our last couple of home games.

we ain't perfect, but we're improving, let's enjoy that!

We're only 10 points off top on 18:01 - Oct 23 with 3120 viewsHerbivore

10 games unbeaten? We lost to Accrington about 4 or 5 games ago?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We're only 10 points off top on 18:02 - Oct 23 with 3118 viewsBlueBadger

We 're only five games unbeaten. 4 if you don't count the pizza cup.

You're forgetting about Accrington.

I'm going to be generous and assume an oversight, rather than Roy Keane Statistics.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 18:03]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024