Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mick has walked 17:11 - Oct 23 with 2424 viewsjaykay

sorry to see this.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

mick has walked on 17:13 - Oct 23 with 2401 viewswitchdoctor

😂😂😂
mick has walked on 17:13 - Oct 23 with 2384 viewsclive_baker

It was inevitable. Don’t think there was much choice.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

mick has walked on 17:14 - Oct 23 with 2364 viewschicoazul

Wasn’t he sacked?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

mick has walked on 17:15 - Oct 23 with 2341 viewspositivity

mick has walked on 17:14 - Oct 23 by chicoazul

Wasn’t he sacked?

most sackings are by "mutual consent" these days

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

mick has walked on 17:16 - Oct 23 with 2323 viewsSkip_Intro

I think you're on the wrong forum...try this one..
https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=2
mick has walked on 17:29 - Oct 23 with 2208 viewsBlueBadger

This is definitely what we were all thinking after a glorious last-second win.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

mick has walked - AGAIN! on 17:30 - Oct 23 with 2203 viewsArnieM

Snowflake . No doubt it’s all the fans fault too

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

mick has walked on 17:33 - Oct 23 with 2153 viewspositivity

mick has walked on 17:29 - Oct 23 by BlueBadger

This is definitely what we were all thinking after a glorious last-second win.

dozens of threads about our win, 1 about mick.

guess which one the mccarthy stans are on!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

mick has walked on 17:36 - Oct 23 with 2129 viewswitchdoctor

mick has walked on 17:16 - Oct 23 by Skip_Intro

I think you're on the wrong forum...try this one..
https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=2

sample of the feelings on there…

Chris, to be honest I’ve got zero sympathy for McCarthy.
After sitting through all these home games and watching him on the line and watching his team just go through the motions most of the time I’ve nothing but contempt for him.

Today we had that 5 minute spell with pure energy, fight and some decent football.
Where was that for the last god knows how many games?
The squad is poor but the manager should have at least got the team up for these games.

I honestly think he didn’t give a sh1t here this season.
He can take his pay off and feck off to his villa in Portugal laughing his head off.
mick has walked on 18:13 - Oct 23 with 1917 viewsbraveblue

He was sacked due to lack of management ability. Again.
mick has walked on 02:55 - Oct 24 with 1549 viewsdominiciawful

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

mick has walked on 08:06 - Oct 24 with 1386 viewsChurchman

He had to go. Maybe time has caught up with his methods? I watched about 60 mins of that yesterday and Cardiff were beyond awful. They looked bereft of ideas, second to everything and actually quite unfit - which was odd for an MM/TC side.

I usually feel a little tinge of sadness when a manager gets the boot (old fraud Lambert being an exception). Nobody intends to do a bad job, but it’s the nature of professional football. I’m sure he’s walked away with plenty of compo, which is more than most people get when they are shown the door and he will get another job somewhere if he wants it. Derby maybe if Rooney goes?
mick has walked on 08:13 - Oct 24 with 1352 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Why, Do you hate Cardiff?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

mick has walked on 08:21 - Oct 24 with 1314 viewsKeaneish

mick has walked on 08:06 - Oct 24 by Churchman

He had to go. Maybe time has caught up with his methods? I watched about 60 mins of that yesterday and Cardiff were beyond awful. They looked bereft of ideas, second to everything and actually quite unfit - which was odd for an MM/TC side.

I usually feel a little tinge of sadness when a manager gets the boot (old fraud Lambert being an exception). Nobody intends to do a bad job, but it’s the nature of professional football. I’m sure he’s walked away with plenty of compo, which is more than most people get when they are shown the door and he will get another job somewhere if he wants it. Derby maybe if Rooney goes?

Time caught up with his methods a little no time ago. It was as apparent then as it is now although his previous credit in the bank has afforded him the ability to continue. I’m sure someone will pick him up again and put him back in the mix but long term it’ll be a bad appointment as his previous four positions serve to highlight.

I wonder if he’ll be a guest on Talk Sport this week…

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

mick has walked on 09:02 - Oct 24 with 1207 viewspointofblue

mick has walked on 08:21 - Oct 24 by Keaneish

Time caught up with his methods a little no time ago. It was as apparent then as it is now although his previous credit in the bank has afforded him the ability to continue. I’m sure someone will pick him up again and put him back in the mix but long term it’ll be a bad appointment as his previous four positions serve to highlight.

I wonder if he’ll be a guest on Talk Sport this week…

Dare I say it but he probably stayed here a season too long despite his relative success. Maybe we should be thankful he did because we would have been relegated sooner… or maybe we should be cursing because, if he’d left earlier, we might have got someone in more competent than Hurst. It could be argued his methods were found out with us but he did leave us in the top half of the second tier.

Anyway, despite feeling his time was up, I’m grateful for what he did here so am not about to pile in on him. Saying that, for whatever reason, after initial success his time at Cardiff has been a disaster.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

mick has walked on 10:33 - Oct 24 with 1066 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

mick has walked on 18:13 - Oct 23 by braveblue

He was sacked due to lack of management ability. Again.

LOLZ at Herbs' downarrow here. He wasn't sack for managerial brilliance was he!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

mick has walked on 10:37 - Oct 24 with 1055 viewswitchdoctor

mick has walked on 10:33 - Oct 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Herbs will defend to the death mate…
mick has walked on 11:45 - Oct 24 with 950 viewssolemio

mick has walked on 10:33 - Oct 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Are we talking about his time at Cardiff only? Or his entire managerial career?
Different answers I would suggest.
mick has walked on 11:51 - Oct 24 with 932 viewschrismakin

Was interesting watching quest.

1.. wilder was discussed as most likely option to replace him

But then they discussed bringing in a young manager and changing to a more eye pleasing style.

If they go with option 2. Its almost identical isn't it

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

mick has walked on 12:15 - Oct 24 with 884 viewsKeaneish

mick has walked on 09:02 - Oct 24 by pointofblue

Dare I say it but he probably stayed here a season too long despite his relative success. Maybe we should be thankful he did because we would have been relegated sooner… or maybe we should be cursing because, if he’d left earlier, we might have got someone in more competent than Hurst. It could be argued his methods were found out with us but he did leave us in the top half of the second tier.

Anyway, despite feeling his time was up, I’m grateful for what he did here so am not about to pile in on him. Saying that, for whatever reason, after initial success his time at Cardiff has been a disaster.

Yeah completely agree. Sadly, the scorn fullness and baiting at the end became very unsavoury and left a bitter taste, which over shadowed some of his excellent competency. Personally I’d like him to retire gracefully before he persists the downward spiral but we all know this won’t happen; his love of football is as genetic as his belligerence.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 13:39]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

mick has walked - AGAIN! on 14:26 - Oct 24 with 764 viewsistanblue

mick has walked - AGAIN! on 17:30 - Oct 23 by ArnieM

Snowflake . No doubt it’s all the fans fault too

He told them to ''fu*k off'' before he got sacked
mick has walked on 14:37 - Oct 24 with 744 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm not sure how much of Cardiff people have seen this summer or how closely anyone's been following their season, but it's hard to overstate how truly terrible they have been. I had Radio Wales on yesterday when I was out and about in the car and was listening to the various views of ex-Cardiff players and local pundits and they were all thoroughly damning.

There can be no doubt that poor old Mick had had a 'mare there. He most definitely didn't walk! He may well have come to an agreement on his settlement, but it was solely the owners decision that a change was needed. The view down here is that the change has come about 3 games too late too, as it's been awful all season.

Cardiff's problem now apparently is that Mick recruited senior players who can only play one particular way (hoof!) and this is really going to hamstring whoever comes in next. Especially as there won't be much money available in January as thing stand (yet they are trying to refinance the club to raise funds). The only silver lining is apparently they've some decent younger players coming through who can play football, but it's a lot of pressure to put on those younger shoulders to expect them to dig Cardiff out of a relegation battle.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

mick has walked on 14:43 - Oct 24 with 721 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

mick has walked on 11:45 - Oct 24 by solemio

Are we talking about his time at Cardiff only? Or his entire managerial career?
Different answers I would suggest.

Well it looks like Bravers was talking about Cardiff, but the use of the word "again" suggests it's not the first time he's been sacked, which is also true. So either way, he's only stating facts, which it's weird to downarrow, isn't it?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024