Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. 10:22 - Oct 24 with 2313 viewsitfcjoe

…..bearing in mind he must be speaking from experience as well.

“Number 10, in our team is the toughest position on the pitch. You’ve got to create, you’ve got to score and you’ve got to look after the deep-lying midfielder, so it’s a lot of work. Conor will sleep well tonight.”

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 10:25 - Oct 24 with 2221 viewsBluefish

Completely agree I've talked for many seasons about that huge gap to be filled to the striker. Bonne and Chaplin both do it so well. We would struggle without them
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 10:25]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 11:23 - Oct 24 with 2073 viewsITFC_Forever

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 10:25 - Oct 24 by Bluefish

Completely agree I've talked for many seasons about that huge gap to be filled to the striker. Bonne and Chaplin both do it so well. We would struggle without them
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 10:25]

And for years before when we’ve played 1 up-front (or 433 where the two wider players have effectively become more midfielders), the 1 has been so isolated, they’ve been in a different post-code…. We didn’t have the ability individually or collectively to make it work.

Now we do, as the likes of Chaplin, Burns, Celina, Edwards, Fraser, Aluko or whoever else is playing get around the main striker to support him.

It’s been a slower burn than we’d have liked, but we are moving in the right direction, and I enjoy watching us play.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 11:59 - Oct 24 with 1965 views2-5-7

Gary Roberts spoke very well which is good to see.
Puts to bed a little bit that the coaching staff are not inputting enough, which as we can now see they obviously are doing something right.
Balanced and insightful I thought generally in his post-match.
Good bit of management by Paul Cook to place him in front of the mic.
Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 12:03 - Oct 24 with 1936 viewsDarth_Koont

Plus he also made several runs well beyond Bonne looking for the through ball.

Chaplin’s energy, workrate and ball retention (along with Aluko’s) have brought Cook’s formation to life in attack. IMO we look much more solid and much more able to pressure the opposition when they play.

Pronouns: He/Him

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 12:11 - Oct 24 with 1903 viewsFPL_Tractor

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 11:59 - Oct 24 by 2-5-7

Puts to bed a little bit that the coaching staff are not inputting enough, which as we can now see they obviously are doing something right.

Totally understand Cook wanting to take responsibility in the early matches when things weren’t settled, results were up-and-down and he wanted to protect his staff a little bit but yeah it seems the right time to give the coaching staff that responsibility- even if it’s Pizza and FA Cup matches to begin with.

I know he certainly let Richardson do plenty of press stuff at Wigan.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Roberts is inexperienced, weak and ineffective - (n/t) on 12:15 - Oct 24 with 1886 viewsunstableblue

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 11:59 - Oct 24 by 2-5-7

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Roberts is inexperienced, weak and ineffective - didn’t you get the memo?! (n/t) on 12:15 - Oct 24 with 1881 viewsunstableblue

Roberts is inexperienced, weak and ineffective - (n/t) on 12:15 - Oct 24 by unstableblue

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 12:23 - Oct 24 with 1851 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What a finish btw yesterday. Such an instinctive finish, across the keeper on the turn.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

If that goal was in the Premier League, they’d rave about it (n/t) on 19:32 - Oct 24 with 1567 viewsunstableblue

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 12:23 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

What a finish btw yesterday. Such an instinctive finish, across the keeper on the turn.

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 19:35 - Oct 24 with 1540 viewsChocorange

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 12:23 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

The one at Pompey was also a smart finish . Very impressed by Chaplin

Celina’s comments in his after match interview says he wants to play 10 as well.

For me it’s Chaplins shirt at the moment.
Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 20:58 - Oct 24 with 1407 viewsKieran_Knows

People will slate the coaching staff and Cook not having enough experience, but from what I hear, both Jeffers and Craney are really good coaches. Put on some good sessions and the players enjoy working with them.

That said, things seem to have picked up since Reid has come on board, so maybe he is having a slight input in to thing.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 23:06 - Oct 24 with 1119 viewsRyorry

Great thread, thanks all 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 06:08 - Oct 25 with 935 viewsKeaneish

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 20:58 - Oct 24 by Kieran_Knows

People will slate the coaching staff and Cook not having enough experience, but from what I hear, both Jeffers and Craney are really good coaches. Put on some good sessions and the players enjoy working with them.

That said, things seem to have picked up since Reid has come on board, so maybe he is having a slight input in to thing.

I’ll go back to what I said previously when the question was raised about badges, it’s about experience and chemistry as well as qualification. The dressing room is a retouch place to make harmonious with a multitude of different, characters, personalities and emotions. We all know Roberts is Cook’s drinking buddy but with nearly 600+ games and 4 promotion campaigns, experience is invaluable.

It seems that now we have Reid in too, we have a good blend of experience at all levels of the professional game.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Really interesting comments from Roberts on Chaplin/Number 10 role….. on 09:53 - Oct 25 with 658 viewstextbackup

He must have put 5/6 of them in the corner in the warm up too.
Compare that to watching gwion and Jackson’s warm up shooting practice last season.
The class of player we have in Chaplin is insane.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024