Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite 10:22 - Oct 24 with 2055 viewstractorboy1978

Technique, weight of pass, placement. Watching it back, Donacien hasn't even made a run. Evans puts to where he thinks he should be and makes him move onto it. All of this under pressure in the 93rd minute.
The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 10:24 - Oct 24 with 2023 viewsitfcjoe

Especially as in the 5 minutes before he’d hit two dreadful cross field balls to Penney that had zero chance of being successful
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 10:24]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 10:27 - Oct 24 with 1996 viewstractorboy1978

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 10:24 - Oct 24 by itfcjoe

Especially as in the 5 minutes before he’d hit two dreadful cross field balls to Penney that had zero chance of being successful

Yes, they were met with several groans around me. I like that he tries to make it happen though rather than play the safe sideways ball.
The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 14:22 - Oct 24 with 1788 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Donacien's touch was superb as well, the best goal we've scored this season.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 17:26 - Oct 24 with 1671 viewsBluearmy71

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 14:22 - Oct 24 by The_Last_Baron

Better than KVY cross field ball to MB who with one touch controls it then unleashes an unstoppable half volley into the back of the net??

Not denying it was a fantastically worked goal but for me its no where near MB's strike!!

Evens is a quality passer even if a hand full of them don't hit their target, he sprays the ball about so effortlessly, such a pleasure to watch.
The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 17:46 - Oct 24 with 1618 views_sanctimoanious_

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 10:27 - Oct 24 by tractorboy1978

Yes, they were met with several groans around me. I like that he tries to make it happen though rather than play the safe sideways ball.

yep the managers encourages risk. Easy to play the safe sideways ball.
The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 18:02 - Oct 24 with 1588 viewsReuser_is_God

He did also put in a lovely cross for Bonne.

It doesn’t always come off but love that he’s constantly looking to switch the play.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 18:07 - Oct 24 with 1580 viewswkj

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 18:02 - Oct 24 by Reuser_is_God

It doesn’t always come off but love that he’s constantly looking to switch the play.

Indeed. Given Lamber had our wingers playing the ball back rather than having a go - this is good to see. I said it a lot last season that we don't try to move the ball centrally to the edge of the box (the place where most L1 goal tend to come from as crossing is kind of crap at that level).

Good to see that we're now doing that (Chaplin's goal) as well as playing cross balls (Janoi's assist).
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 18:08]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 18:51 - Oct 24 with 1471 viewsbraveblue

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 14:22 - Oct 24 by The_Last_Baron

Agree. Absolutely superb.
Login to get fewer ads

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 18:59 - Oct 24 with 1443 viewschrismakin

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 18:02 - Oct 24 by Reuser_is_God

It's nice to see us putting in the crosses that PC drilled into his Wigan side. When you go through a load of their goals. Crosses go in from all angles and positions

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 19:22 - Oct 24 with 1412 viewsitfcjoe

The problem was with the two before they were so deep and we were so far advanced there was no angle to make it work - unlike the one for the goal. They were just long lofted square balls

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 20:05 - Oct 24 with 1307 views_sanctimoanious_

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 19:22 - Oct 24 by itfcjoe

The problem was with the two before they were so deep and we were so far advanced there was no angle to make it work - unlike the one for the goal. They were just long lofted square balls

Can’t get em all perfect i guess. Especially with in div 3. Thank goodness he kept trying.
The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 20:20 - Oct 24 with 1279 viewsCuffy81

Slightly harsh, the amount of switches we attempt not all are going to come off, though i do think we overuse it at times when the full backs aren't necessarily in enough space to make it viable.

Great goal though, we didn't panic and launch it and it paid off
The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 21:48 - Oct 24 with 1154 viewsArnieM

I saw JD’s cross into the box as a cushioned half volley …exquisite execution Janoi 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 00:48 - Oct 25 with 1017 viewsBonchosBicycle

Donacien's run was fantastic. I don't think the defender had any idea there was a threat arriving behind him. And the way he laid it back on the volley to Celina was sublime.
The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 10:33 - Oct 25 with 814 viewsmrshallisfit

Hes not the player I thought he was but he has a pass on him.
The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 11:05 - Oct 25 with 752 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes, I was thinking this yesterday. And then the composure of Donacien to pick out Celina, all deep into added time as you say. Quality like that at key, tense moments is where the strength of our resources should come in.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The ball from Evans for the winner is exquisite on 15:12 - Oct 25 with 597 viewsitfctim

Nah, not for me. Donacian gets to where he should be, and his touch is just amazing. Not disagreeing that Evans pass was quality, by the way, but JD 's involvement was absolutely first class...a full back, doing that? Amazing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024