Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich 12:35 - Oct 24 with 2219 viewsHipsterectomy

for basically being a waste of space at the top level, or that winning the title comes down to how much you thrashed Norwich by in a season for goal difference. Even inoffesnvie pundits like Jenas are calling them an embarrassment to the league.

I think it's pretty harsh as I would fully expect Town to lose a handful of away games 5-0/6-0 in the Prem every season, no matter how good we were.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:42 - Oct 24 with 1782 viewsclive_baker

I’m no Norwich sympathiser by any means, and it’s lovely to see them lose every week, but perhaps clubs that are sustainably run and spending within their means should be celebrated. Not all clubs can have dodgy billionaire owners.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:43 - Oct 24 with 1752 viewsbournemouthblue

It's a tough league but you'd be hopeful you could at least have a stab at being competitive like Brentford, I know Budgie fans were bullish at the start of the season, expecting a mid-table finish.

Have the new signings not been as good as they were expecting, Buendia must have been fairly crucial to how they played?

They were showing clips of the space they were leaving Chelsea, pushing right up the pitch against them and leaving acres of space between the lines

I can only assume they overwhelmed Championship sides with this approach but Premier League teams are too solid and then smash them on the counter attack

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:44 - Oct 24 with 1747 viewsEastTownBlue

That certainly has been the narraitve that has been building over the past few weeks in the media.

Starting with Leeds at home next week, Norwich are entering a crucial spell of the more winnable Premier League fixtures. I don't think that the pundits should be writing them off just yet.
Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:44 - Oct 24 with 1748 viewsJ2BLUE

Jenas is a cock. Another BT Sport edgelord desperate to engage with the Soccer AM generation.

I have zero desire to defend Norwich but if they go down they are too good for the Championship and will bounce straight back. Their plan clearly needs tweaking but ensuring you are in the top 26 teams in the country for the foreseeable future seems a pretty good strategy to me.

I would love to see them bow to the media pressure and appoint a complete disaster as manager but they probably won't. Then next year they can enjoy winning the league again.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:48 - Oct 24 with 1714 viewstextbackup

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:42 - Oct 24 by clive_baker

I’m no Norwich sympathiser by any means, and it’s lovely to see them lose every week, but perhaps clubs that are sustainably run and spending within their means should be celebrated. Not all clubs can have dodgy billionaire owners.

absolutely agree.

the only thing going against ncfc is the fans over inflated opinion of themselves. their board run that club fantastically with a sustainable business model.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:48 - Oct 24 with 1712 viewsBobbychase

It is all very OTT. However, the good thing about it is it has shut up a few of the more arrogant Budgies who - not learning their lesson from last time - seemed to think Farkeball would get them into the top 10. The "best side to ever get promoted" came down with a minus 50 goal difference two seasons ago. Some humility, which days like yesterday will ensure, wouldn't go amiss.

Someone else mentioned Brentford and you could throw Watford into the mix. Both having impressive seasons contrasted to their pre-season predictions.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:49 - Oct 24 with 1685 viewschrismakin

Pretending this isn't a blues forum and we are just neutrals looking in. Nodge are terrible all over the park.

I think the talk of how they run the club is wrong, end of day the are self funding. If that's there plan, when we see clubs go bust, who's right as a pundit is it to bemoan the way they do things. There's is no commitment to compete when you get in the prem.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:58 - Oct 24 with 1619 viewstractorboy1978

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:49 - Oct 24 by chrismakin

Pretending this isn't a blues forum and we are just neutrals looking in. Nodge are terrible all over the park.

I think the talk of how they run the club is wrong, end of day the are self funding. If that's there plan, when we see clubs go bust, who's right as a pundit is it to bemoan the way they do things. There's is no commitment to compete when you get in the prem.

They have actually spent money though. That's what makes the criticism even more daft. They just aren't very good and that falls on Farke because their squad is decent enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 13:15 - Oct 24 with 1531 viewsChurchman

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:44 - Oct 24 by J2BLUE

Jenas is a cock. Another BT Sport edgelord desperate to engage with the Soccer AM generation.

I have zero desire to defend Norwich but if they go down they are too good for the Championship and will bounce straight back. Their plan clearly needs tweaking but ensuring you are in the top 26 teams in the country for the foreseeable future seems a pretty good strategy to me.

I would love to see them bow to the media pressure and appoint a complete disaster as manager but they probably won't. Then next year they can enjoy winning the league again.

Agree with this. Especially about Jenas. Yet another empty vessel who must have a very good agent, given the drivel he talks.

As for Norwich, I’m happy to see them relegated with less than 10 points followed by 20 years in the wilderness - just to see the look on Sutton and co’s faces. However, regardless of my distaste for that lot (aside from one or two NCFC and a few people I’ve known over the years, Norwich have run their club really well and I suspect will continue to do so. Their model is to move between the leagues - while promotion and relegation remains.

They were awful yesterday. Pathetic. But in a league system that’s financially geared towards the rich getting richer, ever smaller crumbs for the rest, how many people thought they’d lose by any less than three, even if Chelsea were playing a reserve forward line? The PL is geared to nothing less.

The idea that the media pours scorn on Norwich while being careful/muted/excited about Newcastle’s new owners says it all to me. Like you, I suspect Norwich will win the Championship with ease next year - sadly.
Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 13:20 - Oct 24 with 1496 viewschicoazul

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 13:15 - Oct 24 by Churchman

Agree with this. Especially about Jenas. Yet another empty vessel who must have a very good agent, given the drivel he talks.

As for Norwich, I’m happy to see them relegated with less than 10 points followed by 20 years in the wilderness - just to see the look on Sutton and co’s faces. However, regardless of my distaste for that lot (aside from one or two NCFC and a few people I’ve known over the years, Norwich have run their club really well and I suspect will continue to do so. Their model is to move between the leagues - while promotion and relegation remains.

They were awful yesterday. Pathetic. But in a league system that’s financially geared towards the rich getting richer, ever smaller crumbs for the rest, how many people thought they’d lose by any less than three, even if Chelsea were playing a reserve forward line? The PL is geared to nothing less.

The idea that the media pours scorn on Norwich while being careful/muted/excited about Newcastle’s new owners says it all to me. Like you, I suspect Norwich will win the Championship with ease next year - sadly.

They’ll be lucky to finish above us next season as anyone who does will win that league.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 13:39 - Oct 24 with 1437 viewsFtnfwest

Isn’t this not spending enough money a bit inaccurate this time though? I thought they’d actually laid out more than Brentford and Watford this time, not to mention Burnley
Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 13:42 - Oct 24 with 1427 viewsghostofescobar

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:42 - Oct 24 by clive_baker

Celebrate Norwich? Fvck em. At all times, on every level. However some of the ownership of football clubs is disgraceful. The Palace fans banner at their game yesterday was spot on.

GhostOfEscobar

On a side note on 13:50 - Oct 24 with 1386 viewsGuthrum

Nice to see Trevoh Chalobah is now a pretty regular starter for Chelsea, with a couple of PL goals to his name.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 14:14 - Oct 24 with 1309 viewsNthQldITFC

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:48 - Oct 24 by textbackup

absolutely agree.

the only thing going against ncfc is the fans over inflated opinion of themselves. their board run that club fantastically with a sustainable business model.

Look, this is really niche, but there is at least one other thing against them; I sell silver polish for a living, and my sales for the northern half of East Anglia are shocking, I mean truly shocking.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

On a side note on 14:20 - Oct 24 with 1286 viewsRyorry

On a side note on 13:50 - Oct 24 by Guthrum

Nice to see Trevoh Chalobah is now a pretty regular starter for Chelsea, with a couple of PL goals to his name.

Yeah, meant to post his first a week or two ago but forgot - so good to see him doing really well 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 14:30 - Oct 24 with 1238 viewsDennyx4

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:43 - Oct 24 by bournemouthblue

It's a tough league but you'd be hopeful you could at least have a stab at being competitive like Brentford, I know Budgie fans were bullish at the start of the season, expecting a mid-table finish.

Have the new signings not been as good as they were expecting, Buendia must have been fairly crucial to how they played?

They were showing clips of the space they were leaving Chelsea, pushing right up the pitch against them and leaving acres of space between the lines

I can only assume they overwhelmed Championship sides with this approach but Premier League teams are too solid and then smash them on the counter attack

Buendia was certainly their best player, and his assists does not appear to have been replaced.

Last year was pretty much a 4231 - yesterday looked 352 with three defensive central midfielders (watched the first 40 minutes, before heading down to Portman Rd). Was a strange set up, as neither of the two forwards are particularly good in the air, and the midfield was so deep, the only support going forward appeared to be coming from the wing backs.
Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 14:49 - Oct 24 with 1177 viewsDarth_Koont

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 14:30 - Oct 24 by Dennyx4

Buendia was certainly their best player, and his assists does not appear to have been replaced.

Last year was pretty much a 4231 - yesterday looked 352 with three defensive central midfielders (watched the first 40 minutes, before heading down to Portman Rd). Was a strange set up, as neither of the two forwards are particularly good in the air, and the midfield was so deep, the only support going forward appeared to be coming from the wing backs.

Billy Gilmour wasn’t playing for them against his parent club so they probably had to play a new formation.

As a huge Gilmour fan for Scotland, his loan has been going great. It seems like he’s their best player every game but he can’t do enough to stop them losing. At the same time, he gets a season of being put under pressure in that position and learning the game the hard way.

Pronouns: He/Him

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 14:50 - Oct 24 with 1167 viewsArnieM

Strange how national media and pundits have only just come to recognise what weTosn fans have known all along !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 14:52 - Oct 24 with 1157 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 12:48 - Oct 24 by textbackup

absolutely agree.

Worth noting they’d have been absolutely screwed if they hadn’t gone up the time before last - the least sustainable way to run a club. Since then they’ve learned their lesson.

The way they’ve haven’t even attempted to stay up in a league that has Watford, Brentford, Burnley, Newcastle etc in it is pretty laughable.
Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 14:56 - Oct 24 with 1134 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 14:49 - Oct 24 by Darth_Koont

Billy Gilmour wasn’t playing for them against his parent club so they probably had to play a new formation.

As a huge Gilmour fan for Scotland, his loan has been going great. It seems like he’s their best player every game but he can’t do enough to stop them losing. At the same time, he gets a season of being put under pressure in that position and learning the game the hard way.

If they are expecting an on-loan 20-year-old to boss Premier League games for them then that is a big mistake. I know several of their fans got very excited by his loan off the back of seeing him compete so well v England. If he was really good enough to boss Premier League matches aged 20, he would not be on loan. Chelsea must love the fact he is being developed at Premier League level without them taking any risk having to play him in their side.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:00 - Oct 24 with 1116 viewsDarth_Koont

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 14:56 - Oct 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

If they are expecting an on-loan 20-year-old to boss Premier League games for them then that is a big mistake. I know several of their fans got very excited by his loan off the back of seeing him compete so well v England. If he was really good enough to boss Premier League matches aged 20, he would not be on loan. Chelsea must love the fact he is being developed at Premier League level without them taking any risk having to play him in their side.

To be fair, he can do that but the team around him probably just isn’t good enough.

He’s even been bossing international midfields over past months. And the main reason he isn’t at Chelsea is because they’re exceptionally well covered in that department.

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:02 - Oct 24 with 1105 viewsBLUEBEAT

If only they had bought Dozzell, everything would have been so much different for them.

Poll: W or W

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:02 - Oct 24 with 1102 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:00 - Oct 24 by Darth_Koont

To be fair, he can do that but the team around him probably just isn’t good enough.

He’s even been bossing international midfields over past months. And the main reason he isn’t at Chelsea is because they’re exceptionally well covered in that department.

Chelsea's midfield boss every Premier League game?

I think you over-rate Gilmour, as promising as he is and as well as he has played at times for Scotland.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:05 - Oct 24 with 1090 viewschrismakin

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:02 - Oct 24 by BLUEBEAT

If only they had bought Dozzell, everything would have been so much different for them.

Has gibbs had a look In yet?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:09 - Oct 24 with 1073 viewsDarth_Koont

Pundits and national media are really laying into Norwich on 15:02 - Oct 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Chelsea's midfield boss every Premier League game?

I think you over-rate Gilmour, as promising as he is and as well as he has played at times for Scotland.

Nah, he’s barely put a foot wrong in the half-dozen games I’ve seen.

Astonishingly good for someone who only just turned 20.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024