Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... 10:38 - Oct 25 with 8177 viewsitfcjoe

Plymouth (a)
Wycombe (a)
Oxford (h)
Sunderland (a)
Rotherham (h)

Playing 5 of the top 6 - what do we need to come out of that with?

I'd take 9 points now, in fact I'd bite your hand off for it!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:39 - Oct 26 with 1724 viewsDarth_Koont

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:21 - Oct 26 by JP123

Plymouth fan in peace here. Had a little visit of the site to see how you were feeling ahead of the game Saturday and I must say, quite amazed by the disrespect a lot are showing us. Comments like ‘slapping little clubs like Plymouth’ as well, you’re not exactly a massive club yourselves.I think you will be in for a shock. We are flying, 14 unbeaten and our better results are against teams higher in the league, who come to play football. Sheffield Wednesday, Oxford and Bolton the examples, who we have comfortably outplayed. I am expecting a very tough game and a good footballing match, I think we will just edge it 2-1. Enjoy your trip down, how many are you expecting to travel to home park? Should be about 14k in the home end.

Don’t worry – ignore posts like that. We had the same from a minority of fans when we were in the Championship thinking we were better or deserved more than we were getting, especially compared to sides with less historic success.

I think most fans accept we are in the division we are in for a reason. And that Plymouth are top for a reason too.

Having said that, I think we can do well against you based on our own slowly building performances and results. We’ll also come looking for a win because that’s the only way Cook sets up the team. Should be a good game!

And best of luck for the rest of the season. Hope you don’t do as well as us but hope you go up nevertheless.

Pronouns: He/Him

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 17:03 - Oct 26 with 1621 viewsChondzoresk

Hmmm, interesting. I think we will win each of these games, not convincingly, but we will win. If we do, our confidence will be sky high. Championship here we come!
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 19:17 - Oct 26 with 1554 viewsquirkie

Plymouth fan in peace here. Had a little visit of the site to see how you were feeling ahead of the game Saturday and I must say, quite amazed by the disrespect a lot are showing us. Comments like ‘slapping little clubs like Plymouth’ as well, you’re not exactly a massive club yourselves.I think you will be in for a shock. We are flying, 14 unbeaten and our better results are against teams higher in the league, who come to play football. Sheffield Wednesday, Oxford and Bolton the examples, who we have comfortably outplayed. I am expecting a very tough game and a good footballing match, I think we will just edge it 2-1. Enjoy your trip down, how many are you expecting to travel to home park? Should be about 14k in the home end.

We have a few numpties that still think we are the same club from the 70s and early 80s. Sadly we have been a shambles for years and maybe just maybe there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel but I'm not convinced yet.

This will be my first Town game this season as I'm coming up from near St. Ives for this game. I actually go to more Argyle home games a season than watch Town, so I'd say Argyle are my 2nd team.

Lowe has certainly sorted out the frailties from last season and I think any team that finishes above Argyle this season will be playing Championship football next season.

My prediction for this one is a 2-1 Argyle win.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 19:20 - Oct 26 with 1531 viewschrismakin

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 19:17 - Oct 26 by quirkie

We have a few numpties that still think we are the same club from the 70s and early 80s. Sadly we have been a shambles for years and maybe just maybe there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel but I'm not convinced yet.

This will be my first Town game this season as I'm coming up from near St. Ives for this game. I actually go to more Argyle home games a season than watch Town, so I'd say Argyle are my 2nd team.

Lowe has certainly sorted out the frailties from last season and I think any team that finishes above Argyle this season will be playing Championship football next season.

My prediction for this one is a 2-1 Argyle win.

Whilst you have a point.

Plymouth are another side in league 1 who's record attendance is about to be smashed due to playing Ipswich.

So if as the OP says we are are small club. What does it make them?

BTW.. I've agreed that we hold onto the past a bit to much and I don't like the we are ipswich tag that PC uses. But facts are we are a big draw even if this plymouth fan thinks otherwise.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 20:45 - Oct 26 with 1481 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 21:01 - Oct 26 with 1463 viewsTheBoyBlue

Obviously would take 15 points, but I'll be happy if we've made more ground on the top places, playing well and still building momentum.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 23:15 - Oct 26 with 1409 viewsJP123

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 19:20 - Oct 26 by chrismakin

Whilst you have a point.

Plymouth are another side in league 1 who's record attendance is about to be smashed due to playing Ipswich.

So if as the OP says we are are small club. What does it make them?

BTW.. I've agreed that we hold onto the past a bit to much and I don't like the we are ipswich tag that PC uses. But facts are we are a big draw even if this plymouth fan thinks otherwise.

Crikey, it’s not being smashed. We’re top of the league and crowds are building… if Bolton brought the same numbers as you will it would be similar attendances.

You’re not a small club, I said you aren’t ‘massive’ like you are claiming to be. Not many of our fans look at you like we would Pompey , Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday. We would all expect to be playing clubs like Ipswich regularly and not be punching above our weight.

I was just commenting on some of the disrespectful comments when in reality we are a pretty decent club for a very limited history. Our support, especially away is one of the best in the country.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 23:36 - Oct 26 with 1370 viewschrismakin

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 23:15 - Oct 26 by JP123

Crikey, it’s not being smashed. We’re top of the league and crowds are building… if Bolton brought the same numbers as you will it would be similar attendances.

You’re not a small club, I said you aren’t ‘massive’ like you are claiming to be. Not many of our fans look at you like we would Pompey , Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday. We would all expect to be playing clubs like Ipswich regularly and not be punching above our weight.

I was just commenting on some of the disrespectful comments when in reality we are a pretty decent club for a very limited history. Our support, especially away is one of the best in the country.

Lol.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 23:47 - Oct 26 with 1373 viewsDinDjarin

The fact you gave us Mariner will prevent me from replying what I think about that post.

And you say you have beaten the better teams? You have played 2 teams in the top 6 and won one and lost one.

Deluded if you think you will stay in the top 6 all season.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 00:05 - Oct 27 with 1330 viewsFBI

Sadly there are a few of us (like every other team forum) who are your typical myopic pillock. I'm sorry about them.

Personally I'm rather fond of Argyle and I'd love to see us and you go up this year. Home Park is a nice ground, I know a fair few from the Green Army and am looking forward to driving over Dartmoor from Torrington for the day.

Which isn't to say that I don't want us to steamroller you on Saturday :-D

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 06:03 - Oct 27 with 1242 viewsChurchman

I’d take 8 points from those fixtures right here, right now. Two wins, two draws and a loss would mean we hadn’t fallen too much further off the pace.

I’m actually more interested in how we play and compete with these teams. With a positive hat on I think as a measure it is rather handy that we are playing the better sides in the same period of the season. It is also fortunate that we are playing Wycombe next week instead of when it was originally scheduled..

Even if we get beaten by the majority of these teams I think Cook is here to the end of the season now. He’s done just about enough in October to earn that, even if I am still to be convinced by him.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 19:25 - Oct 27 with 1128 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Unfortunately we are on the back foot already due to our poor start. Away draws are acceptable and with the home games are needing to be wins.! But every team is beatable
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 19:37 - Oct 27 with 1107 viewsSkip_Intro

I agree with the others who say that it's a small minority who are disrespectful towards PAFC. We are where we are for a reason and so are you.
Shame you spoilt it a bit by suggesting that a home crowd of 14k for a saturday match against one of the bigger clubs in L1 (however you want to define it - attendances, history, trophies etc.) suggests that your support 'is one of the best in the country'...unless you misspelt county?
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 20:46 - Oct 27 with 1073 viewsTheBoyBlue

Never sure what constitutes the size of a club. If it's history, we score better than most in this league and a lot in the Championship, even some in the PL. If its number of fans then similarly we're head and shoulders above all bar a handful in this league, a lot in the Championship and some in the PL.

I make no apologies whatsoever for bringing up what we've achieved in the game, otherwise what was the point in us achieving it. Regardless of time passed they were remarkable achievements for a club from a town in East Anglia and quite rightly - in my eyes at least - give us a gravitas that others simply don't have.

But you're right, that will all count for nothing when we play each other. Even then though, our squad is better than yours (though wish we'd kept Wilson!) and it is a game that at the start of the season I'd expect us to win and still think we ought to win. However, confidence is a massive thing as our lack of it showed earlier in the season and clearly you've got an abundance of it. Your big test will be when your good run ends and how you react to losing it. I hope that will be on Saturday and I'm confident that it will be on Saturday, but I'm not so foolish as to expect it to happen.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 21:11]

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 23:44 - Oct 28 with 944 viewsJP123

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 19:37 - Oct 27 by Skip_Intro

I agree with the others who say that it's a small minority who are disrespectful towards PAFC. We are where we are for a reason and so are you.
Shame you spoilt it a bit by suggesting that a home crowd of 14k for a saturday match against one of the bigger clubs in L1 (however you want to define it - attendances, history, trophies etc.) suggests that your support 'is one of the best in the country'...unless you misspelt county?

Don’t get me wrong, our home crowds are pretty poor but we have not had top flight football like a lot of clubs. Our potential is massive… I was suggesting our away support is one of the best in the country, not home.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 09:04 - Oct 29 with 829 viewsjayessess

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 23:44 - Oct 28 by JP123

Don’t get me wrong, our home crowds are pretty poor but we have not had top flight football like a lot of clubs. Our potential is massive… I was suggesting our away support is one of the best in the country, not home.

Whatever way you want to slice it, this is the 7th best-supported club in the EFL versus the 28th-best supported. If you're going to eat our lunch on the pitch the least you can leave us with is our rightful sense of grandeur!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2021 9:11]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 09:24 - Oct 29 with 796 viewsDavoIPB

It still does amaze me how Ipswich fans still think we are a big club. We are a good league one club at present. The players we have are good league 1 players with a few average league 1 players thrown in.

But that is what fans are like isn't it. Have an unrealistic high opinion of their team. Have seen some of the Plymouth games. They do look good for a league 1 side and should really on form beat Ipswich. I think they will just because of confidence levels. Ipswich's confidence is still fragile, especially in defence.

Although if talking about big clubs did you just mention there will only be 14k home fans.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:20 - Oct 29 with 743 viewsSkip_Intro

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 09:24 - Oct 29 by DavoIPB

It still does amaze me how Ipswich fans still think we are a big club. We are a good league one club at present. The players we have are good league 1 players with a few average league 1 players thrown in.

But that is what fans are like isn't it. Have an unrealistic high opinion of their team. Have seen some of the Plymouth games. They do look good for a league 1 side and should really on form beat Ipswich. I think they will just because of confidence levels. Ipswich's confidence is still fragile, especially in defence.

Although if talking about big clubs did you just mention there will only be 14k home fans.

I think you're confusing the word 'club' with the word 'team'...our club is much more than just our current team...
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:47 - Oct 29 with 716 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 23:44 - Oct 28 by JP123

Plymouth are top of the league due to results. Well done. If you finish top and us second I will be happy - even happier if it is the other way round!

Saturday should be a great time to respect Paul Mariner - a legend for both clubs.

I like Plymouth. I have seen nothing of the comments you quoted about "should be smashing clubs like them". Truth is this league has been tough. However, we do have the highest budget for this league (or just about) and so should be near the top of the table. Failure to do so means we are not performing as we should be. That said, there aren't any easy games. We were woeful against Cheltenham and Bolton earlier in the season.

I hope you enjoy Saturday and both of us are very happy in May.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:51 - Oct 29 with 708 viewsStokieBlue

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:55 - Oct 25 by StokieBlue

11 points would be great if quite optimistic.

If we could manage 3 wins and 2 draws out of that then it would be a real statement.

Perhaps hopefully, I think playing the better sides might help us. Sure we will be severely tested at the back but our 4 up top along with the 2 CM's should enjoy playing against teams that give them a chance to quickly counter or aren't just sitting back.

SB

I'm actually feeling confident for Saturday. No idea why really. I think I might be under the mis-apprehension that teams like Plymouth will have to attack us and we have real quality up top to pick them off.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:53 - Oct 29 with 705 viewsfooters

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:47 - Oct 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Plymouth are top of the league due to results. Well done. If you finish top and us second I will be happy - even happier if it is the other way round!

Saturday should be a great time to respect Paul Mariner - a legend for both clubs.

I like Plymouth. I have seen nothing of the comments you quoted about "should be smashing clubs like them". Truth is this league has been tough. However, we do have the highest budget for this league (or just about) and so should be near the top of the table. Failure to do so means we are not performing as we should be. That said, there aren't any easy games. We were woeful against Cheltenham and Bolton earlier in the season.

I hope you enjoy Saturday and both of us are very happy in May.

Not forgetting that it will also be a great time to remember the greatest PM we never had in Mr Michael Foot as we take on his beloved Argyle.

Foot on the left, Mariner up top - what could be better!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:21 - Oct 29 with 669 viewsmccarthy_is_god

If you, a Plymouth fan, expect to be playing us on a regular basis and not feel punching above your weight, it is you with delusions of grandeur my friend.

Poll: Ban the Away Day guff?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024