Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've just been pinged by the covid app... 10:59 - Oct 26 with 1789 viewsPriskinftw

From close contact with somebody on Saturday, i sit in upper Alf Ramsay. I know that the Doncaster game was a catalyst for a rise in cases and it seems the fears of the same happening on Saturday have been realised.

Has anyone else been pinged?

On winged feet, only the light will feel the wind.
Blog: [Blog] Is It Really a Wickham Wonderland?

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 11:42 - Oct 26 with 1630 viewstw25

Has anyone else got the app......
I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 11:48 - Oct 26 with 1603 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Whilst it is likely that any large gathering of people is going to increase the spread and the fewer precautions those people take, the worse it will be, one instance is not proof the fears have been realised.

That said, from all I hear, this is likely going to lead to an increase in cases. Unless people do a lot more to be careful instead of taking the view that whatever is the minimum the Government insists on is enough, it will not be too long before further measures have to be taken.

My son has now tested positive having not done so while both his parents were. Our daughter (who is symptomatic - hacking cough) remains negative but now needs a third PCR due to brother's positive test.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 12:08 - Oct 26 with 1536 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Never seen anyone use the app but I’m wouldnt worry about it.

I’m currently in a queue to see the Crown Jewels at the Tower of London and there is not a mask in sight. Perhaps except the Chinese tourists which is somewhat ironic.
I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 13:21 - Oct 26 with 1341 viewsNthQldITFC

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 12:08 - Oct 26 by BlueBlueBluex2

I’m currently in a queue to see the Crown Jewels at the Tower of London and there is not a mask in sight. Perhaps except the Chinese tourists which is somewhat ironic.

If you're at the Tower of London, the last thing you want to see is a fella in a mask.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 13:28 - Oct 26 with 1308 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 12:08 - Oct 26 by BlueBlueBluex2

It's not really that ironic, is it? The Chinese have always worn masks to prevent disease transmission. It is many of the dirty English that refuse to do so because it infringes on their basic human rights.

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 14:54 - Oct 26 with 1118 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 13:28 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

It's not really that ironic, is it? The Chinese have always worn masks to prevent disease transmission. It is many of the dirty English that refuse to do so because it infringes on their basic human rights.

It was more tongue in masked cheek.

I like the idea of wearing a mask on the tube or similar places. Makes perfect sense to me.
I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:21 - Oct 26 with 989 viewsLeaky

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 13:28 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

im sorry where did covid 19 come from. i'm faily certain it wasn't from the Tower of London. Perhaps if the Chinese were so vigilante at the start of this pendamic we wouldt be going through all this mess
I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:26 - Oct 26 with 967 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:21 - Oct 26 by Leaky

im sorry where did covid 19 come from. i'm faily certain it wasn't from the Tower of London. Perhaps if the Chinese were so vigilante at the start of this pendamic we wouldt be going through all this mess

As long as you are sorry and you are not blaming Chinese tourists for the failings of the Chinese Government.

I know a Dutch girl who has received horrendous racist abuse over Coronavirus simply because her ethnicity is Chinese.

Login to get fewer ads

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:31 - Oct 26 with 950 viewsfooters

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:21 - Oct 26 by Leaky

And if more British people had been more 'vigilante' as you say and actually took some personal responsibiliy for their actions instead of acting like entitled bellends, then maybe our death count wouldn't be that high either.

But no, wearing a bit of cloth on your face sometimes is a terrible fate for anyone to suffer.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:35 - Oct 26 with 931 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:31 - Oct 26 by footers

And if more British people had been more 'vigilante' as you say and actually took some personal responsibiliy for their actions instead of acting like entitled bellends, then maybe our death count wouldn't be that high either.

But no, wearing a bit of cloth on your face sometimes is a terrible fate for anyone to suffer.

Or if our own Government had taken greater precautions too.

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:36 - Oct 26 with 923 viewsLeaky

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:26 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

As long as you are sorry and you are not blaming Chinese tourists for the failings of the Chinese Government.

I know a Dutch girl who has received horrendous racist abuse over Coronavirus simply because her ethnicity is Chinese.

I blame the Chinese goverment.They should have locked down sooner not all & sundrie enjoy Chinese new year.
I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:40 - Oct 26 with 902 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:36 - Oct 26 by Leaky

I blame the Chinese goverment.They should have locked down sooner not all & sundrie enjoy Chinese new year.

As long as you recognise the difference between the Chinese Government and Chinese nationals (or those of Chinese ethnicity who are not Chinese nationals) and equally blame our Government for not locking down sooner and preventing the spread when it first arrived here.

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:42 - Oct 26 with 892 viewsPinewoodblue

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:35 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Or if our own Government had taken greater precautions too.

While it was silly for the government to expect individuals to take personal responsibility for the actions Footers comments are spot on.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:50 - Oct 26 with 865 viewsLeaky

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:40 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

As long as you recognise the difference between the Chinese Government and Chinese nationals (or those of Chinese ethnicity who are not Chinese nationals) and equally blame our Government for not locking down sooner and preventing the spread when it first arrived here.

I don't blame Chinese nationals, as they have limited knowledge of there Goverments stance on this. However the Chinese goverment should be held to account for there actions. If Johnson or Trump had behaved in the same manner certain poster's on this site would have been jumping all over it.
I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:59 - Oct 26 with 835 viewsfooters

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 16:50 - Oct 26 by Leaky

I don't blame Chinese nationals, as they have limited knowledge of there Goverments stance on this. However the Chinese goverment should be held to account for there actions. If Johnson or Trump had behaved in the same manner certain poster's on this site would have been jumping all over it.

They haven't been much better, tbh. Why allow Oxford St to be packed with people at the height of the virus, or lift restrictions at the earliest possible opportunity?

You can only deal with what you can control on a national level, and we've done extremely badly, both our government and the general public who still seem to think they can reason with a deadly illness because they're 'bored' of it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 18:19 - Oct 26 with 702 viewsronnyd

I've just been pinged by the covid app... on 13:21 - Oct 26 by NthQldITFC

If you're at the Tower of London, the last thing you want to see is a fella in a mask.

Especially if he also has a damn great axe in his hand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024