Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something for people to think about 18:50 - Oct 26 with 978 viewsBlueNomad

Maybe a bit of introspection on here?

Phil Neville on BBC calling social media a “cesspit” for the way people demand managers be sacked.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 18:53]
Something for people to think about on 19:14 - Oct 26 with 905 viewsOldboy

Tough luck, sorry. Nobody makes them do the job. They are happy to use it in their favour, so when it is used against them, tough. As long as it is kept within the boundaries of reality obviously.
Something for people to think about on 19:27 - Oct 26 with 866 viewsBlueNomad

Something for people to think about on 19:14 - Oct 26 by Oldboy

Tough luck, sorry. Nobody makes them do the job. They are happy to use it in their favour, so when it is used against them, tough. As long as it is kept within the boundaries of reality obviously.

I said it is the WAY some people go about it on social media
Something for people to think about on 19:30 - Oct 26 with 853 viewschrismakin

I beg to differ slightly

Forums. Facebook etc no. It's people using a space to rant and really only those who want to see it, see it.

Podcasts etc that are in public view.. they are the worst imo. Breeds negativity. Followed by the local press.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 19:32]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Something for people to think about on 19:38 - Oct 26 with 816 viewshype313

Something for people to think about on 19:30 - Oct 26 by chrismakin

I beg to differ slightly

Forums. Facebook etc no. It's people using a space to rant and really only those who want to see it, see it.

Podcasts etc that are in public view.. they are the worst imo. Breeds negativity. Followed by the local press.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 19:32]

The only podcasts I watch are ITFC related and they are very good.

Don't watch any others as they hold about as much interest as watching a pod on geraniums.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Something for people to think about on 19:46 - Oct 26 with 773 viewsJ2BLUE

Social media is absolutely a cesspit. I hate Facebook but I have special venomous hate for Twitter. Completely toxic to society.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Something for people to think about on 20:00 - Oct 26 with 711 viewsGeoffSentence

Something for people to think about on 19:46 - Oct 26 by J2BLUE

Social media is absolutely a cesspit. I hate Facebook but I have special venomous hate for Twitter. Completely toxic to society.

It's fine so long as the people you follow are nice, decent folk. Bin off any w@nkers and there's no problem.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Something for people to think about on 22:07 - Oct 26 with 573 viewsGuthrum

Something for people to think about on 19:46 - Oct 26 by J2BLUE

But also a good way for people to keep in touch with distant friends and family, or to share information about culture, science, current affairs and world events - including reaching into and out of areas where communication is difficult or officially forbidden.

Like every other communication or broadcast medium, it is neither good nor evil, just can be bent one way or the other by how it's used.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Something for people to think about on 22:09 - Oct 26 with 557 viewsStokieBlue

It's probably one of the least bad things that happens on social media. If he's only worried about then he's got his priorities all wrong.

The sooner FB is slapped down the better.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Something for people to think about on 22:21 - Oct 26 with 501 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm outraged. The BBC should sack Phil Neville!

It is a cesspit, that's a fact. The issue is the people that use it, not the platforms. A lot of people seem to abandon any decency and manners when they post on there. At least that's what I like to tell myself, as the alternative is that many of the people on social media behave the same way in real life, and that thought is truly terrifying.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Something for people to think about on 22:30 - Oct 26 with 463 viewsWeWereZombies

Something for people to think about on 22:21 - Oct 26 by Swansea_Blue

I'm outraged. The BBC should sack Phil Neville!

It is a cesspit, that's a fact. The issue is the people that use it, not the platforms. A lot of people seem to abandon any decency and manners when they post on there. At least that's what I like to tell myself, as the alternative is that many of the people on social media behave the same way in real life, and that thought is truly terrifying.

But didn't Facebook have this befriending / unfriending button right from the start, sorry - get go...? The platform itself has always had inbuilt nastiness and that may be why it has become the generator of hatred that it sometimes is.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024