Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OK Computer 09:39 - Oct 27 with 4477 viewsCotty

Haven't listened to this for years. Stuck it on this morning, absolute banger.

What else haven't I listened to for donkeys that I need to listen to NOW? Answers on a postcard please TWTD.
OK Computer on 09:43 - Oct 27 with 2432 viewsKeno

anything by lindisfarne

No need to thank me Cotts, just enjoy

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

OK Computer on 09:45 - Oct 27 with 2422 viewsbluefunk

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (maybe listen to it later tonight though)
OK Computer on 09:53 - Oct 27 with 2382 viewsCotty

OK Computer on 09:45 - Oct 27 by bluefunk

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (maybe listen to it later tonight though)

That is a regular listen but I'll stick it on in a bit anyway. The most beautiful album of all time.
OK Computer on 10:00 - Oct 27 with 2338 viewsGlasgowBlue

Speaking of Radiohead. Have you seen that they have released KID A and Amnesiac as a double album called KID A MNESIA?

I still prefer the latter to the former.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

OK Computer on 10:04 - Oct 27 with 2328 viewsCotty

OK Computer on 10:00 - Oct 27 by GlasgowBlue

Speaking of Radiohead. Have you seen that they have released KID A and Amnesiac as a double album called KID A MNESIA?

I love both (but I'm a Radiohead head so to be expected), but can't bring myself to buy two albums that I already own (see also OKNOTOK).
OK Computer on 10:05 - Oct 27 with 2323 viewsWeWereZombies

OK Computer on 09:53 - Oct 27 by Cotty

That is a regular listen but I'll stick it on in a bit anyway. The most beautiful album of all time.

You prefer 'Kind of Blue' to 'A Love Supreme'? Or have you just not listened to the Coltrane for a while...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

OK Computer on 10:08 - Oct 27 with 2315 viewsCotty

OK Computer on 10:05 - Oct 27 by WeWereZombies

You prefer 'Kind of Blue' to 'A Love Supreme'? Or have you just not listened to the Coltrane for a while...

Yes I do. Bill Evans is the tiebreaker. Heck, not even the tiebreaker, he's the reason Kind of Blue wins by a length!
OK Computer on 10:12 - Oct 27 with 2305 viewsWeWereZombies

OK Computer on 10:08 - Oct 27 by Cotty

Yes I do. Bill Evans is the tiebreaker. Heck, not even the tiebreaker, he's the reason Kind of Blue wins by a length!

Fair enough, but just to square the circle I guess you know that Johnny Greenwood is an admirer of Alice Coltrane - so you could always give 'Ptah El Douad' a spin to see if there are any traceable influences on 'OK Computer'.

Login to get fewer ads

OK Computer on 10:21 - Oct 27 with 2286 viewschicoazul

Me.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

OK Computer on 10:28 - Oct 27 with 2269 viewsJakeITFC

Good init (my third favourite Radiohead album but probably close to a top 10 all time for me).

As an aside, I've been trying to come up with my top 10 songs ever list for the last few months, quite a good exercise to get you listening to things you've not heard in a while.
OK Computer on 10:32 - Oct 27 with 2249 viewsWeWereZombies

OK Computer on 10:28 - Oct 27 by JakeITFC

Good init (my third favourite Radiohead album but probably close to a top 10 all time for me).

As an aside, I've been trying to come up with my top 10 songs ever list for the last few months, quite a good exercise to get you listening to things you've not heard in a while.

That's me set up now to play a few tracks off Nick Drake's 'Bryter Layter'.

[edit] Just finished listening to the whole album, a good use of forty minutes time whilst my ears can still listen.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 11:17]

OK Computer on 10:37 - Oct 27 with 2238 viewsSteve_M

I did the same thing with Doves' Last Broadcast a few years ago. That was similarly fresh after a long break.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

OK Computer on 10:39 - Oct 27 with 2228 viewsCotty

OK Computer on 10:37 - Oct 27 by Steve_M

I did the same thing with Doves' Last Broadcast a few years ago. That was similarly fresh after a long break.

Some stuff is good in the moment, and some stuff is gold forever.
OK Computer on 10:47 - Oct 27 with 2212 viewsMaySixth

Funnily enough, I listened to Kid A earlier this week for the first time in it's enteriety.
Great great record.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

OK Computer on 10:48 - Oct 27 with 2204 viewsGlasgowBlue

OK Computer on 10:05 - Oct 27 by WeWereZombies

Thi soul boy prefers A Love Supreme by Will Downing but I do appreciate that Coltrane and Davis were geniuses.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

OK Computer on 10:51 - Oct 27 with 2195 viewsThe_Last_Baron

OK Computer on 10:47 - Oct 27 by MaySixth

Funnily enough, I listened to Kid A earlier this week for the first time in it's enteriety.
Great great record.

It's good but not a patch on 'Dirt' by Alice in Chains.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

OK Computer on 10:59 - Oct 27 with 2172 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Recently gone back to mid 00s indie and got all nostalgic listening to the Pigeon detectives

My answer to the question though:

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Genesis - Invisible Touch
OK Computer on 11:09 - Oct 27 with 2155 viewsIP4_Blue

Great great record.

My fav Radiohead album and one of my fav ever albums of all time just love it
OK Computer on 11:11 - Oct 27 with 2152 viewsIP4_Blue

Ok Computer has some brilliant moments like Airbag, Exit Music, Let Down, Lucky but few songs like Electioneering, Climbing up the Walls that are not great imo.

Fav Radiohead albums are Kid A and In Rainbows both great albums
OK Computer on 11:34 - Oct 27 with 2115 viewsCotty

Great great record.

Yes it's one of the best, and the one which probably divides opinion the most. Essentially the album that killed off their indie-leaning following.
OK Computer on 11:55 - Oct 27 with 2078 viewsWeWereZombies

OK Computer on 11:34 - Oct 27 by Cotty

Yes it's one of the best, and the one which probably divides opinion the most. Essentially the album that killed off their indie-leaning following.

I was given Kid A by someone I worked with who had listened to it once and hated it. Then he took it back and just gave me the disc and the inlay because he said he could reuse the case. I find it challenging in places and, being a lover of complete and as finished off as they can be songs, it's 'The Bends' that I rate most highly amongst Radiohead's output that I have heard. Nevertheless, all the favourable comments about 'Kid A' mean that I have to go back to it sometime soon.

OK Computer on 12:05 - Oct 27 with 2056 viewsDarth_Koont

Listened to Songs to Learn & Sing by Echo and The Bunnymen the other day. And a few times since.

Bit of a cheat as it’s more of a compilation album but a cracker nevertheless.

Pronouns: He/Him

OK Computer on 12:15 - Oct 27 with 2039 viewsThe_Last_Baron

OK Computer on 10:00 - Oct 27 by GlasgowBlue

Agree, Amnesiac a better listen.

I like Radiohead but they've recorded some complete rubbish over the years. The King of Limbs is so bad you can't listen to it.

OK Computer is fantastic for the first two thirds, then it tails off sharply. It's not Dark Side of the Moon.

My favourite albums are The Bends and Amnesiac. Two thirds of OK Computer and half of Hail to the Thiefs. In Rainbows and the last one they released are pretty good as well.

I remember seeing them in 1993 when nobody cared, 200 people watching them and playing numbers from their first album which apart from the two singles isn't very good.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

OK Computer on 12:20 - Oct 27 with 2026 viewsJakeITFC

OK Computer on 12:15 - Oct 27 by The_Last_Baron

Agree, Amnesiac a better listen.

I like Radiohead but they've recorded some complete rubbish over the years. The King of Limbs is so bad you can't listen to it.

OK Computer is fantastic for the first two thirds, then it tails off sharply. It's not Dark Side of the Moon.

My favourite albums are The Bends and Amnesiac. Two thirds of OK Computer and half of Hail to the Thiefs. In Rainbows and the last one they released are pretty good as well.

I remember seeing them in 1993 when nobody cared, 200 people watching them and playing numbers from their first album which apart from the two singles isn't very good.

King of Limbs chat the most wrong in all of that.
OK Computer on 12:29 - Oct 27 with 1987 viewsDubtractor

OK Computer on 10:51 - Oct 27 by The_Last_Baron

It's good but not a patch on 'Dirt' by Alice in Chains.

I'm with you in preferring Dirt tbh. Incredible album.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024