Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them 13:09 - Oct 27 with 1432 viewsunstableblue

Same number of games

Home form beginning to cost them; and this weird habit of not being able to win midweek!!

Edwards got 20mins as sub

Would love to close the gap further on them during our upcoming tough run

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 13:44 - Oct 27 with 1308 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We just need to keep winning and accumulating the points. If we get enough points we will be up there. If we don't someone else will, be that Plymouth, Wycombe, Rotherham, Wigan Sunderland, Charlton, Portsmouth or whoever.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 13:44 - Oct 27 with 1307 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

They are struggling to win their midweek games apparently!
Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 13:50 - Oct 27 with 1296 viewsDarth_Koont

Indeed. And Wigan’s shaky spell shows what was missing from the doom and gloom assessments of our first 6 games.

Teams at the top of the table early in the season have certainly hit the ground running but by definition they haven’t had a dodgy spell. Whether that comes is up for debate but usually every team has some sort of wobble unless it’s head and shoulders above the rest, which doesn’t seem to be the case in League One from what I’m seeing.

Clearly, our start was massively disappointing and means we can’t afford anything similar again. But by the same token, we certainly didn’t hit the ground running and now look a different team and prospect. So it’s fairer to say that we’ve actively and consciously moved away from that, rather than it being an inherent weakness waiting to be exposed.

Still, we need to have a fairly decent run over the next 5 games and take points off rivals. Fail to do that and we’ll likely be aiming at the playoffs.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 14:22 - Oct 27 with 1195 viewsunstableblue

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 13:44 - Oct 27 by BtreeBlueBlood

They are struggling to win their midweek games apparently!

Yes saw it in the Sky report and also the above Tweet

Assume they’ve lost all Tues night games to date

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 14:51 - Oct 27 with 1136 viewsHerbivore

After all the change and upheaval on and off the pitch at Wigan over the last 6 months it's not fair to judge them yet and totally unrealistic to expect they'd be getting results week in, week out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 14:58 - Oct 27 with 1113 viewsFixed_It

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 14:51 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

After all the change and upheaval on and off the pitch at Wigan over the last 6 months it's not fair to judge them yet and totally unrealistic to expect they'd be getting results week in, week out.

Is that tongue-in-cheek? Difficult to tell sometimes...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 15:36 - Oct 27 with 1040 viewsjaykay

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 14:51 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

same as ipswich then

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 17:41 - Oct 27 with 924 viewsunstableblue

Are you being ironic??

I just can’t tell

Because these seem to be the criteria you’ve been dismissing as not relevant to supporting Cooks start to this season

Login to get fewer ads

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 18:35 - Oct 27 with 851 viewschrismakin

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 13:50 - Oct 27 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. And Wigan’s shaky spell shows what was missing from the doom and gloom assessments of our first 6 games.

Teams at the top of the table early in the season have certainly hit the ground running but by definition they haven’t had a dodgy spell. Whether that comes is up for debate but usually every team has some sort of wobble unless it’s head and shoulders above the rest, which doesn’t seem to be the case in League One from what I’m seeing.

Clearly, our start was massively disappointing and means we can’t afford anything similar again. But by the same token, we certainly didn’t hit the ground running and now look a different team and prospect. So it’s fairer to say that we’ve actively and consciously moved away from that, rather than it being an inherent weakness waiting to be exposed.

Still, we need to have a fairly decent run over the next 5 games and take points off rivals. Fail to do that and we’ll likely be aiming at the playoffs.

That's why it's quite suprising to see people feel the top sides aren't going to lose games. Hull and Posh lost 11 each last year.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 21:18 - Oct 27 with 714 viewsunstableblue

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 18:35 - Oct 27 by chrismakin

That's why it's quite suprising to see people feel the top sides aren't going to lose games. Hull and Posh lost 11 each last year.

Good point

Plymouth, Wycombe, Wigan, Sunderland and Rotherham have lost 1, 2, 4, 3 and 3 respectively - that’s a lot more losing to take place!!

I sort of feel Wigan and Plymouth are going to drop off, probably Sunderland, not sure about Wycombe and Rotherham think they’ll keep going strong

That Wycombe away game, with a massive away support and a clash of styles might be season defining

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 21:51 - Oct 27 with 678 viewsOsborneOneNil

Ooooh I missed that Wigan lost to Lincoln… we’re now 8 points off them on 17:41 - Oct 27 by unstableblue

Are you being ironic??

I just can’t tell

Because these seem to be the criteria you’ve been dismissing as not relevant to supporting Cooks start to this season

Exactly that.

One rule for one……..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024