Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
wow! so emotional 19:48 - Oct 27 with 1003 viewsslade1

[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 19:49]
wow! so emotional on 22:56 - Oct 27 with 804 viewsnorth_stand77

Thanks for posting.

As you say, many Town fans can relate to that feeling of being blue through and through and the emotion that goes with that.
That's a pretty impressive record of him following town too, good for him!
wow! so emotional on 08:55 - Oct 28 with 694 viewsslade1

Yes I thought it was excellent and sums up exactly how I started following the town.
It was 1970 when I was 8 years old, out of the blue my dad said that he was going to take me to watch Ipswich play Liverpool on Saturday.

I remember him making me a 'milk crate' at home out of wood for me to stand on. It was dads first time at Portman Road as well so we didn't know what terrace to stand in or anything about matchday!

We ended up in the West Stand lower tier in the middle between the dugouts and players entrance with my dad finding me a nice spot at the front with my homemade milk crate.
Soon after we became season ticket holders and the rest is history. (and what a history!)

Unfortunately due to family commitments, work etc I am no longer a season ticket holder but get to Portman Road as much as I can these days,
but my dad who is now 82 is still a season ticket holder to this day and attends every home game, and yes, 51 years later, he is still in the West Stand, sitting between the dugouts and players entrance!
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 8:56]
wow! so emotional on 13:45 - Oct 28 with 570 viewsnorth_stand77

wow! so emotional on 08:55 - Oct 28 by slade1

Yes I thought it was excellent and sums up exactly how I started following the town.
It was 1970 when I was 8 years old, out of the blue my dad said that he was going to take me to watch Ipswich play Liverpool on Saturday.

I remember him making me a 'milk crate' at home out of wood for me to stand on. It was dads first time at Portman Road as well so we didn't know what terrace to stand in or anything about matchday!

We ended up in the West Stand lower tier in the middle between the dugouts and players entrance with my dad finding me a nice spot at the front with my homemade milk crate.
Soon after we became season ticket holders and the rest is history. (and what a history!)

Unfortunately due to family commitments, work etc I am no longer a season ticket holder but get to Portman Road as much as I can these days,
but my dad who is now 82 is still a season ticket holder to this day and attends every home game, and yes, 51 years later, he is still in the West Stand, sitting between the dugouts and players entrance!
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 8:56]

That's really nice, I remember kids carrying their milk crates and standing down at the front of the stands so they could see. It feels like a reminder of the old style family friendly club of that time.

51 years on and still sitting in the same small area is also impressive for your dad.
wow! so emotional on 14:00 - Oct 28 with 536 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Exciting new direction from Billy Idol

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024